PDA

View Full Version : turbo_teg, terrible seller. F - - - - -

Sol-Badguy
05-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Cliff notes at the bottom.

This starts out with putting my del Sol up for trade. I get a PM from turbo_teg saying he's got a 97 Integra LS for trade, and he's interested in my Sol. He asks for my phone number to text me at, so I reply with it.

I get a text the next afternoon. We start swapping information about the cars, sending picture of things. Though I notice he only sent two pictures. Both vague cell phone pictures of one side only. I start to tell him everything with the Sol, and he tells me a few things about the Integra. Says everything works, clean car, nice interior, etc.

He asks for some cash on top, because my throwout bearing is making noise. He asks for $100, I tell him I can do $50. He insists on $100, so I work on getting it together.

We then decided to meet up this evening. I'm in Marietta, and he's located in Macon. I say McDonough would be a nice middle ground. He then asks me to drive down to Macon. Then changes and says we can meet at Summit, and I'll just need $50 on top. Then he changes again, and says no cash on top, if I drive all the way down to Macon.

So my wife and I head down. As I'm driving swapping some more information about the cars. We get down there to his house, and there's already a few other Hondas sitting there. He and two other guys jump up and start inspecting the Sol. I get his keys and start going over the Integra. I noticed some unmentioned body damage, and rust on the left rear quarter panel. It cranks up just fine, so I shut it off and head over to the Sol.

I show him everything, the engine, the misaligned body panels up front, the hood latch problem; everything I have mentioned to him thus far. He goes off to drive it with one of the guys. The other stays behind and watches me and my wife from his car. We wait until they get back, and hop into the Integra.

I noticed right away that there's a very strong vibration when engaging the clutch. I continue with the test drive. The car drives smoothly, despite the vibration, until I come up to a stop sign. I start to decelerate to a stop, and the gear lever pops out of 3rd gear. I take it as a fluke, and continue. I come around a corner, put it in 3rd, and release the gas. It pops out again. I drive to another street and try it in 4th, no problem. Drop it to second, works perfectly. I slow to another stop in 3rd, and it pops out and start grinding.

So I have to get back. Continue driving, and the next time it pops out of 3rd, it won't even go back in. I have to shift to 2nd, or 4th. I get back to his driveway, and park the car. I get out and ask him about it. He claims to have forgotten about it.

I ask him what it is, he says, "Oh, the sequentials must be going out."

I realize this kid is a joke, and tell him I can't take the car. I explain to him that this is going to be a daily driver for my wife, and I can't allow her to drive a mechanically unsound car. He then starts to offer things to persuade me. He offers to throw in the header he previously removed. I tell him no, and thanks for wasting my gas and time.

He starts to go on about it being his daily driver, and it only does it to him every now and then. He drives it long distances, etc. I remind him that I won't put my wife in this car to drive, it's dangerous. He keeps saying it's a reliable car, it's not a big deal, blah blah. I tell him no, again, and that I won't even consider it.

As my wife and I are leaving the street, I receive a text message from him offering to add in an amp and subwoofer to the deal if I take the trade. I tell him no, remind him of lying to me. He then starts to complain about the front end of the Sol, saying it's a good deal, his car is better, etc. Saying he simply forgot about the lever coming out very rarely.

So we head home. Another 2 hours driving back, and a half tank of gas wasted.

CLIFFS:
Kid offers me 97 Integra for my 94 del Sol
I drive 2 hours down to Macon to see car.
Car is damaged more than described
Car will not stay in 3rd gear when deccelerating. PERIOD.
Kid starts to offer things to "sweeten the deal"
I say no, then starts bashing my car.

Wasted 4 hours and a half a tank of gas.

lanning
05-10-2010, 08:39 PM
thanks for the cliffs

punkr6
05-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Damn, thats sucks bro.

Elbow
05-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Classic story right there,been there done that NUMEROUS times, or someone talks me into driving far to meet them so they can buy a car I'm selling "cash in hand" lol only to lowball me like crazy and waste my time. I NEVER drive more than 20 minutes now for ANYTHING. Sorry you wasted your time.

Sol-Badguy
05-10-2010, 08:59 PM
As many times as I've made the entire drive to see things, I won't be doing it anymore.

Central location ftw.

blackjoose
05-10-2010, 10:03 PM
man only a half tank after 4 hours? yur car gets good milage! keep it yo!

blackjoose
05-10-2010, 10:04 PM
ph yeah i agree. turbo_teg aint cool

gerardojdm
05-10-2010, 10:31 PM
kids....

Catnip
05-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Damn. Sorry to hear a local fucked you over like that. If I ask someone to drive to me, I make sure to accurately describe my item and/or make sure the other person has done the same...

ash7
05-11-2010, 01:21 AM
typical shadiness, glad to hear you didnt fall for his junk.

well done.
-jonathan

Sol-Badguy
05-11-2010, 07:50 AM
typical shadiness, glad to hear you didnt fall for his junk.

well done.
-jonathan

Thanks.

At least I don't have your CRX anymore..

ash7
05-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks.

At least I don't have your CRX anymore..

haha, i can't believe you still remember that thing. :)

-jonathan

SoLJames95
05-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Man if I had the dough I would get your sol and tear up the Del Sol game again. ;)

Dirty Octopus™
05-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Man if I had the dough I would get your sol and tear up the Del Sol game again. ;)

oh yeah? :rolleyes:

Sol-Badguy
05-11-2010, 09:12 PM

wut

Dirty Octopus™
05-11-2010, 09:15 PM
wut

word

wut.

FasTech
05-11-2010, 11:37 PM
What was his name? As Evan said, hate to hear another local fucked you over..

SoLJames95
05-12-2010, 10:56 AM
oh yeah? :rolleyes:

You heard me.......... And now that you know my importing secrets for del sols. Its easier and cheaper to make them fresh.;):rolleyes::kiss:

Delsllow
05-12-2010, 12:21 PM
.... wow thats sad bro dont forget to mention the your del sol is missing half the interior. never told me about the hood.. said it was only unalined alittle. and really the hood is all messed up and turned sideways. bumpers held on by zip ties and rides like straight ass. oh and wait i told the dumbass that 3rd gear pops out once and awhile but doesnt happen alot, and didnt care when i metioned it. and he says he cant drive it like that? then hes all quite talking about it and i asked if he wanted anything on top and you just said no thanks dont think i can do it. i said alright. then he leaves and texts me talking shit. really? dont matter to me id rather have 3rd gear poping out, atleast my shits clean.

and how is my car damaged more the described? and i didnt talked shit about your car, when you left you texted me trying to be badass saying next time you better tell me the truth and my car cant be driven.

and i have bought plenty of stuff off people on here. so go ahead bash "online" doesnt matter to me.

ash7
05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
You heard me.......... And now that you know my importing secrets for del sols. Its easier and cheaper to make them fresh.;):rolleyes::kiss:

what... ebay.uk?

hahaha

.... wow thats sad bro dont forget to mention the your del sol is missing half the interior. never told me about the hood.. said it was only unalined alittle. and really the hood is all messed up and turned sideways. bumpers held on by zip ties and rides like straight ass.

...then why did you want to trade for his car?
-jonathan

SoLJames95
05-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Yes and NO on the ebay.uk........ :ninja:

quickdodge®
05-12-2010, 02:02 PM
This is turning into more of a Whore's Lounge thread and less of an issue thread.

Also, this looks to be just something to learn from. There's nothing to really mediate as there was no actual transaction. I think SolJames got short changed for TT not wanting to meet up halfway and I think TT didn't want to meet halfway because of the popping clutch issue.

All I think that can be gained from here is don't do business with each other from now on. Later, QD.