PDA

View Full Version : Preludes + friends = Cookout Meet at Allatoona

hseries4
05-10-2010, 03:11 PM
We've got a Prelude meet coming up later on in the summer. Even though it's a Prelude hosted meet, friends are welcome, so we ain't going to key your car if you don't own one...
Probably get the BSing, BBQing, and :camera: started around 11am.

Date & Time: August 7
Location: Cooper Branch #1 @ Allatoona Lake_____________________________ GPS Coordinates
1121 Highway Spur 20, Cartersville, GA 30121______________________________ N 34 10 13.0 W 84 43 42.5

Directions from downtown:
Take I-75N to Exit 290 for Rome/Canton. Keep right off of the exit and take a right at the first light. Follow that all the way back until you see the sign for Cooper Branch 1 on the left. NOTE: It's also about 4miles back from the light and you'll pass the second pavilion first, so don't freak out.

All I ask is that you bring something to make the meet worthwhile (i.e. food, drinks, or a few bucks to help pay for the rental). Of course please obey the speed limits and take the safety of others into consideration when entering/exiting the area...no drugs, alcohol, WMDs, etc etc.. :blah: Bottom line--don't make me feel like I've got to babysit because you will be asked to leave.

General list of things needed:
Food (hamburgers/hotdogs...chicken if you want it)
**dakilla4ever: hotdogs

Snacks (brownies/cookies...chips/dip, etc)

Drinks (anything nonalcoholic )

Fine China (paper cups/plates, cutlery, napkins)

Extras (charcoal, ice)

Supporting thread on preludepower:
http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329251

StreetHazard
05-10-2010, 03:19 PM
hmmmmm.....I haz interest, might could bring some other cars along as well.

but I HAVE to know....are there speedbumps? seriously, some of those entrances have them and if there are it's not an option for me.

hseries4
05-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Nah, there aren't any speedbumps, so you're in the clear.

Drummerboy
05-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Blown Motor as of April 1st. I need to borrow an Engine stand from someone so I can get my new motor built.

allout13
05-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I might ride my bicycle over there to see whats going on. :goodjob:

there are some fun roads to drive out that way as well :ninja:

tK FuRy
05-11-2010, 10:54 PM
I may roll out there with a few people, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

hseries4
05-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Blown Motor as of April 1st. I need to borrow an Engine stand from someone so I can get my new motor built.Aaaah, I remember seeing that waytoomuchboostformystockblock thread, haha. I need to get myself an engine stand too, but, either way, you're still welcome to come out and shoot the breeze. You know who we be

I might ride my bicycle over there to see whats going on. :goodjob:

there are some fun roads to drive out that way as well :ninja:Do it, man.. There are some fun roads up round these parts, but, luckily, the one leading back to CB ain't too much to worry about.

I may roll out there with a few people, but I'm not 100% sure yet. Aight, cool. We had people coming and going in all sort of platforms all day last time. I didn't spread the word as much about it this time, but it's all the same.

tK FuRy
05-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Lol, I just noticed how far it is from the Gwinnett area, damn I don't think my friend can make it in his 5MPG car.

hseries4
05-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Haha.. Well, some complications have actually come up with Allatoona, so we're looking for a new spot. This will happen, just gotta find another spot real quick--probably Cobb county area.

Drummerboy
05-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Prelude meets are always good, this will be fun.

Yeah 18psi at 1/2 throttle in 4th on I-20. Stock F22A1.....

Crank is literally bent in half.

hseries4
05-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Figure I'll update this since I said I would. Unfortunately due to poor weather and lack of commitment, the big cookout meet is being pushed back to late July.. Some of use are still meeting up around 11 in Mableton @ Thompson Park and will grab lunch afterward if y'all have nothing to do. I'll bring this back to life with info in a bit

steelmatt6
05-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Hmm. We were thinking of a similar meet with the Integra crew.

Would you guys want to have a Prelude/Integra meet? Just wondering!

preludedude
05-24-2010, 11:45 PM
yo i'm down to come. if theirs an address it would be helpfull, i can just gps it.. and wheres the meet up spot to role out from..

hseries4
05-26-2010, 10:09 PM

Would you guys want to have a Prelude/Integra meet? Just wondering! I wouldn't mind it, but I'd just be worried about having enough space. We're in the process of rescheduling for either July 24th (weekend after IA Nashville) or August 7 (weekend after HIN/NOPI), just gotta check on a few things. What would be baller is if y'all rent Cooper Branch 2 and we take Cooper Branch 1 and just have a block party, haha. PM if you want to actually make something happen..

yo i'm down to come. if theirs an address it would be helpfull, i can just gps it.. and wheres the meet up spot to role out from..I'll get the address back up and try to clean up the thread. Keep an eye out for this.

hseries4
06-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Guess what's back!? Round 2 and it's a definite...

Cookout meet: August 7 @ Cooper Branch 1.
This will not be cancelled--rain or shine, I'll be there.

h23bb2
06-15-2010, 08:47 PM
I need to try to get off work. If I can, you know I'll be there. For those of you who have something to say about it not being a prelude, the Faggin Wagon got a personal invite. :P

hseries4
07-16-2010, 04:40 PM
BUMP!

Would you guys want to have a Prelude/Integra meet? Just wondering!

This has been confirmed.. The tegs will be in the cut as well!!

h23bb2
07-16-2010, 05:47 PM
ugh.. Boss made the schedule early this month....
I'll be there but LATE. I may try to get somebody else to work it for me. I'm tryin Jeremy I'm tryin....

allout13
07-16-2010, 11:31 PM
BUMP!

This has been confirmed.. The tegs will be in the cut as well!!

:ninja: should be a nice turnout

EssexCounty
07-17-2010, 04:33 AM
This sounds fun... I wanna step out an finally meet some of yall and have a good time... Hopefully I'll have my drop and wheels by then

hseries4
07-17-2010, 07:37 AM
ugh.. Boss made the schedule early this month....
I'll be there but LATE. I may try to get somebody else to work it for me. I'm tryin Jeremy I'm tryin....Early this month? That date has been set for a month already!! I keed, I keed... Slide through when you can--no hard feelings.

:ninja: should be a nice turnout
I'm really looking forward to this...now I just got some long overdue touches to do to the car.

This sounds fun... I wanna step out an finally meet some of yall and have a good time... Hopefully I'll have my drop and wheels by thenDo it!

Hey, I'm going to post the list of items needed here as well for any of y'all that want to step up and help out. I want to have all that stuff finalized a week out.

steelmatt6
07-17-2010, 10:23 AM
and again, thank you Jeremy! I am sure we can "improvise" if there isn't enough space as well. I think there will be. We'll only know August 7th!

hseries4
07-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Currently, I'm not too worried about space. The thread is dead compared to others, and I've been running from AL, GA,TN, and FL nonstop since the beginning of June, so it's been a disappointment to have a trickle of responses on the rare occasions I can sit down and actually check/supply updates.

Either way, we're TWO WEEKS OUT!! and I don't have any plans to be out of town til then, so I'm about to hit the ground hard on some things.

hseries4
07-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Thinking about setting up a mini roll-out from Barrett. Timing can be whenever, but if I'm going to be apart of it, we'd have to leave early [around 10]... Just let me know--I've got a couple of other lude guys that'd like to roll out.

Austin?
07-26-2010, 02:18 PM
AM I INVITED IF I HAD A PRELUDE H22A SWAPED INTEGRA?

JUST ASKIN

hseries4
07-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Appropriately so.. Come out, man!

allout13
07-26-2010, 08:33 PM
AM I INVITED IF I HAD A PRELUDE H22A SWAPED INTEGRA?

JUST ASKIN

perfect!

Drummerboy
07-26-2010, 09:12 PM
I have an F20A sitting in the garage. Anyone interested in a Prelude Extreme Home Makeover?

I need an OBD-1 F series Wiring Harness, ODB-1 Starter, A bunch of sensors and some strong backs.

After the Meet, everybody should come to my house and help me get this thing in. Possibly the first F20A Turbo 4th Gen in the States?

allout13
07-27-2010, 10:32 AM
I have an F20A sitting in the garage. Anyone interested in a Prelude Extreme Home Makeover?

I need an OBD-1 F series Wiring Harness, ODB-1 Starter, A bunch of sensors and some strong backs.

After the Meet, everybody should come to my house and help me get this thing in. Possibly the first F20A Turbo 4th Gen in the States?

sohc or dohc?

going rwd?

hseries4
07-27-2010, 12:09 PM

After the Meet, everybody should come to my house and help me get this thing in. Possibly the first F20A Turbo 4th Gen in the States?Whaaaat!? I've got a spare starter I can supply, but I was going to ask the same thing Chad did--SOHC or DOHC?

dakilla4ever
07-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Didn't know we had a thread for this on here. But anyways. I'm chimming in with BOTH of my ludes. They are running strong with no problems. See everyone there. Hope to meet alot of new faces as well as old ones. Hell eveyone might want to where one of those "HI MY NAME IS" stickers with your IA name on it to match a face with the trash talk. J/K.

h23bb2
07-30-2010, 11:40 AM
lol
You act like you only have two ludes. hahaha
I'll be super late. I get outta work at 2 and it gonna take me a good 2 hrs to get there. Depending on what's goin on when I call you (D or jeremy or both) around 2 i may have to pass:(
Sigh... Fucking work.

hseries4
07-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Didn't know we had a thread for this on here. But anyways. I'm chimming in with BOTH of my ludes. They are running strong with no problems. See everyone there. Hope to meet alot of new faces as well as old ones. Hell eveyone might want to where one of those "HI MY NAME IS" stickers with your IA name on it to match a face with the trash talk. J/K.Trash talk.. We don't do any of that around here /sarcasm.

I'll be super late. I get outta work at 2 and it gonna take me a good 2 hrs to get there. Depending on what's goin on when I call you (D or jeremy or both) around 2 i may have to pass:(
Sigh... Fucking work.I doubt that.. We start at 11--I'm thinking the "majority" will trickle in by/around 12. Start grilling around 1... It'll just be poppin' at 2! Given, you still gotta drive two hours, but you know us...the real crew will sit around and BS forever. Plus, knowing me, if you get there and things die down in an hour--I'll be hungry again and we can leave to hit up some place and keep the ball rollin. Work sucks but I feel you'll make it out.

____

How's the feeler for a roll out?

hseries4
08-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Bumpin this 4 days out... Hoping to still grab some Preludes out of the woodwork.

msanch24
08-03-2010, 10:23 PM
can i come in the cd5? lol i love preludes, used to have a 5th gen

IMPORTchic
08-04-2010, 11:00 AM
I can not believe I just logged into freaking IA for the first time in over 6 months for this shit. lol SO WITH THAT BEING SAID ALL PRELUDE OWNERS BETTER BE THERE!!!!!!!

I could care less who all comes, but with it being a prelude meet I just think it would be better if other cars let the ludes park together and the others just park where ever. Makes more sense so we can get some good pics. I am not playing ring around the rosey with my car Sat.

VickNotic
08-04-2010, 11:38 AM
S0o0 when is this happening.. and allatoona is not far form where i live 8D

hseries4
08-04-2010, 01:06 PM
can i come in the cd5? lol i love preludes, used to have a 5th genYeah, come out--just don't show up empty handed..

I can not believe I just logged into freaking IA for the first time in over 6 months for this shit. lol SO WITH THAT BEING SAID ALL PRELUDE OWNERS BETTER BE THERE!!!!!!!

I could care less who all comes, but with it being a prelude meet I just think it would be better if other cars let the ludes park together and the others just park where ever. Makes more sense so we can get some good pics. I am not playing ring around the rosey with my car Sat.
Yeah, you kind of fell off of the grid there; I was wondering if you were still coming out.

S0o0 when is this happening.. and allatoona is not far form where i live 8DSeriously? EVERYTHING is in Post 1...

Please guys, don't come out empty handed and expect to grub for free. Either bring something (and preferably let me know) or come with $5 or so to help cover costs.

hseries4
08-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Meet's tomoooorrrrrrooooooooowwwwwwww!!!

I believe I'm meeting a couple of guys on Barrett, in the infamous Starbucks/Honeybaked Ham lot, to roll out to the lake in the morning if anyone wants to caravan. Hoping to leave by 1030, so if you care to join, be there before 1030, haha. Should be a good day!

allout13
08-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Meet's tomoooorrrrrrooooooooowwwwwwww!!!

I believe I'm meeting a couple of guys on Barrett, in the infamous Starbucks/Honeybaked Ham lot, to roll out to the lake in the morning if anyone wants to caravan. Hoping to leave by 1030, so if you care to join, be there before 1030, haha. Should be a good day!

anything that still needs to be brought?

hseries4
08-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Lovely meet today! Hopefully, the planning for the next one will be a little smoother... I may pick and choose a few other pics to throw up here, but here's one (too lazy to host and post, sorry):
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp144/dano0436/FUJI001-1.jpg

All in all we seemed to check off all the "good meet" criteria--beautiful weather, check...good people, check...speeding tickets, check...breakdowns, check...good food, check...no shows, check...pile up on the highway........almost :gay:

allout13
08-07-2010, 09:47 PM
thanks for tolerating the integras (all 3 of us haha)
I enjoyed kicking it with the ludes!

hseries4
08-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I'd say we're pretty cool people.. Y'all are welcome anytime! (unless we say Preludes only--then you gotta park in the cut for pics)

preludedude
08-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Had a great time meeting everyone .. It was a good meet, i hope that we can do it again soon and i can hang longer.. It'd be nice to get more pic's of all the ludes in order, Everyone was cool and all the ludes where nice.. For the next one i have some more people with ludes i know that i'll ask to come.. Thanks for the food too, i'll bring some more stuff next meet, just let me know...

preludedude
08-11-2010, 09:15 PM
I figured you would get a kick out of this... Now i can truely be called a rice burner..lol

preludedude
08-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Sorry for the huge pic's i didn't think they would be that big.. I need to learn how to resize them before i post again.. LOL my bad....

hseries4
08-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah.. need to figure that out ASAP
PM how much change CPD got you moving if you don't mind... You had me as curious as you were