PDA

View Full Version : Religion any believers of the Muslim faith on IA?

jdm-civic
05-08-2010, 10:24 PM
just curious,i had a few question.

98blackcivic
05-08-2010, 10:25 PM
yea...me

jdm-civic
05-08-2010, 10:35 PM
have you found your reason for being here and your purpose in life?

98blackcivic
05-08-2010, 11:22 PM
i can say that @ my age..i know more about whats actually going than those who are in my generation...
im also convinced that God/Allah/Jehovah or whatever you wanna call him exists

my purpose in life? everyone has a purpose in life

it could be grand or a simple rut
either way...ill know my purpose/mission in life once it comes upon me
till then, i live everyday to mentally prepare for it

jdm-civic
05-08-2010, 11:30 PM
i ask this because i recently had a friend who was trying to introduce the ways of the Muslim faith to me.long story short,i was kinda interested because it seems so.......i dont know, like genuine.

98blackcivic
05-08-2010, 11:38 PM
understanding and acceptance of Islam is not something that can be acquired that easily
its a very confusing subject
there are many many misconceptions, false ideas and perceptions
its a difficult journey

jdm-civic
05-08-2010, 11:44 PM
as with any religion in my opinion

98blackcivic
05-08-2010, 11:53 PM
if youre really interested you should do some research about it and see what its about

jdm-civic
05-09-2010, 12:06 AM
i was thinking about visiting a place of worship on one of my off days.im tired of feeling lost in life and i want to find the answers

98blackcivic
05-09-2010, 12:40 AM
its you against and the world and this whole life is a test

TIGERJC
05-09-2010, 09:16 AM
I thought Islam was the faith and Muslims are believers of Islam

StreetHazard
05-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I thought that this is the WRONG SECTION

and belongs in the religion forum

geoff
05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
just curious, what led you to the Islamic faith? Just curious. As with any form of faith, I will also suggest that you look into the different options, pray about it and then follow that pull at your heart.

jdm-civic
05-11-2010, 10:37 PM
a friend off facebook asked me was i muslim,i told her no and out of curiosity i started asking questions about it

geoff
05-12-2010, 09:28 AM
What if I asked you are you Christian? Most people have a false sense of what these religions are...if you ever have questions about Christianity and wanna know what it is supposed to be then you can ask me any time.

jdm-civic
05-12-2010, 10:47 AM
well i was born into christianity because of my parents but i dont really go to church like that

geoff
05-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Like I said man I offer my help. I will only give answers based on biblical scripture anytime your interested. There is a difference between religion and relationship

umairejaz
05-12-2010, 08:09 PM
On topic, I am Muslim. Sounds to me like you’re very interested in it. Please just browse through google and do some research. It should be very easy to read about.

I’m not one to preach religion but I’ll try this once to help you out just a bit.

The Basics:
Muslim believe all Christians and Jews are people of the same God and essentially are the same religion. They all preach “one god”. Issue arises because we believe they have been mislead over the years and their texts have changed.

Generally, between these three religions Islam is considered to be the middle ground between the strict teachings of Judaism and the laid back views of Christianity. In Islam you will learn that moderation is key to this religion and regulations are set so to be easily incorporated into your life with little hardship.

Lastly, the greatest aspect of Islam is that there have been absolutely no changes to the religion. You will find Islam to be the exact same across the entire world and across all nations. Every Quran is the exact same, there is no changes to it. This is said to be the greatest attribute to the religion.

Ncturnal
05-22-2010, 11:55 AM
The Basics:
Muslim believe all Christians and Jews are people of the same God and essentially are the same religion. They all preach “one god”. Issue arises because we believe they have been mislead over the years and their texts have changed.

Issues arise because <insert religious dogma here> believe <insert other religious dogma here> have been misled over the years.... I just found that comment interesting because it can be widely applied to any number of dogmatic religious belief systems vs another.

Generally, between these three religions Islam is considered to be the middle ground between the strict teachings of Judaism and the laid back views of Christianity. In Islam you will learn that moderation is key to this religion and regulations are set so to be easily incorporated into your life with little hardship.

Lastly, the greatest aspect of Islam is that there have been absolutely no changes to the religion. You will find Islam to be the exact same across the entire world and across all nations. Every Quran is the exact same, there is no changes to it. This is said to be the greatest attribute to the religion.

Even though the texts have not changed those of the Islamic faith still don't universally agree with each other, and like many other dogmatic faiths they in some cases violently disagree with each other.

BanginJimmy
05-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Kind of on topic and kind of off topic.

If you do decide to pick up a religion be very careful about the church/mosque/temple you decide to worship at. Religion is all about interpretation and as we have seen from the earliest times of organized religion, through the crusades, and into today, that interpretation is the difference between a faith that preaches kindness, tolerance, and charity, and the writings from the same book that teach violence and discrimination. You can visit three different places of worship within the same religious sect and find 3 very different messages.

bigpimpatl
05-22-2010, 04:50 PM
where do you live? that way we can recommend the closest mosque to you. The dowtown mosque Al-Farooq on the west 14th street would be a great place to start. They can provide a Quran in english as well.

98blackcivic
05-25-2010, 12:25 AM
make sure u take 0 hitz from teh bongz b4 u go and learn about any religion