PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Honda Civic DX with B20b, injector wiring.

SKarpenz
05-08-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm gonna break this down as clearly as possible.

I have a swap harness to put this engine in this chassis. It has the OBD1 plugs and all the required OBD1 pieces on the engine. The engine harness plugs into the OBD0 shock tower plugs and then has some separate harness with bare wires running into the firewall. These wires going into the firewall have tags with ECU pin locations to splice/pin into. I connected all those wires from the engine to the required ECU pins.

I have a OBD0 to OBD1 jumper harness to plug the OBD1 ECM to the OBD0 wiring inside the car, the aforementioned loose wires were spliced into this jumper harness to make it easier for me to troubleshoot any problems. The jumper harness has a 10 wire sub-harness coming from it with wires for o2 sensor. knock, and VTEC. I am using the wires for o2 (running 4 wire OBD1 o2).

With this setup do I need to run a resistor box for the injectors? I am using 240cc OBD1 injectors, not OBD0. The car is a DX (DPFI) and usually when running the OBD0 injectors you would need a resistor box. Someone let me know if they can clear this up fpr me. I also have 2 loose wires on the chassis side of the factory OBD0 harness. I can get pics of them shortly but this injector thing is bugging me and I want to know if I have this done correctly.

Thanks guys.

mitch lab
05-10-2010, 08:37 AM
You do not need a resistor box but you will need a dead end injector clip from a obd 1 harness. Obdo uses a resistor box because it's Low-impedance injectors and obd 1 & 2 are High-impedance injectors.

Z0_o6
05-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Ditto.