PDA

View Full Version : need help im stuck

Arm&hammer
05-08-2010, 11:59 AM
well i just got a b16 tranny and put it in my car thinking my other tranny wasbusted but it wasnt cuz the new one is doing the same thing. i turn my car on and put it in gear thinking it will go but it doesnt move the mph is moving up but the car doesnt go anywhere i need help from any one who has any knowledge. the tranny has a brand new lsd i jus put in this morning and still the same problem

EmminoDaGreat
05-08-2010, 04:00 PM
clutch, axle...

Barefoot
05-09-2010, 08:39 AM
clutch, axle...

thats all i can think of also. if the trans is good working order.

blcksi
05-09-2010, 09:10 AM
hmm you would have to have seen a broken axle when replacing the tranny but if the mph is going up the clutch is working. Maybe a stripped hub? Never seen that before though.

Make sure you are pushing the axles into the tranny all the way.

With it running, in gear, on jackstands you can look and see if an axle is turning, I've seen it happen where the axle was broke right at the hub and didn't fall out or anything.

jdmDC20
05-10-2010, 11:46 AM
I've seen it happen where the axle was broke right at the hub and didn't fall out or anything.

i concur...

if a new LSD was installed... you may have had an issue with your old diff and now the new one is not installed correctly... the rolers inside your axle may be stripped as well...

if your speedo is moving up as you give it gas... the problem may not be within your diff... the speed sensor words off the diff on the b series trannys so look into your axles and gears right at the hub

EJdm
05-10-2010, 10:46 PM
hydro or cable....if hydro maybe you clutch...cable idk LOL same...i ahd the similar problem but i couldnt put it in gears and found out that my clutch cable was bad...anywase hope it help and gl