PDA

View Full Version : I need a little help with internet and iTunes

CHRISNITTOLO
05-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Right now I'm using Mozilla Firefox. And for some reason it'll only work for that. I downloaded Google Chrome but for some reason I can't connect to the internet through that, only through Mozilla. And for iTunes, I can't connect to iTunes store or the radio. I've tried to make iTunes and Google the default and still wont work.

And another thing. Where can I get Microsoft Word?

Oh yea, And I can't get into Yahoo Messenger.

This is what it says when I try to get into Google Chrome:
Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error.

loverboy_gnd
05-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Right now I'm using Mozilla Firefox. And for some reason it'll only work for that. I downloaded Google Chrome but for some reason I can't connect to the internet through that, only through Mozilla. And for iTunes, I can't connect to iTunes store or the radio. I've tried to make iTunes and Google the default and still wont work.

And another thing. Where can I get Microsoft Word?

Oh yea, And I can't get into Yahoo Messenger.

This is what it says when I try to get into Google Chrome:

as for microsoft word, you would have to get an office cd, i have the latest version of microsoft office you can get for $20. as for your other problem.. sounds tricky, easiest option imo is to format your hard drive and reinstall a fresh copy of windows, also ensure that you get all the neccesary drivers for your computer prior to the format! that should take care of all your problems

CHRISNITTOLO
05-07-2010, 04:54 PM
as for microsoft word, you would have to get an office cd, i have the latest version of microsoft office you can get for $20. as for your other problem.. sounds tricky, easiest option imo is to format your hard drive and reinstall a fresh copy of windows, also ensure that you get all the neccesary drivers for your computer prior to the format! that should take care of all your problems

It's a laptop.

loverboy_gnd
05-07-2010, 04:57 PM
It's a laptop.

same thing applies, easiest way, format the hd and install a fresh version of windows

CHRISNITTOLO
05-07-2010, 05:00 PM
same thing applies, easiest way, format the hd and install a fresh version of windows

How do I do that?

loverboy_gnd
05-07-2010, 05:20 PM
well its quite simple really, the windows cd does most of the work for you, its mainly about monitoring it, i dont know which version of windows you presently have, or which one you want to reinstall, so we'll use windows 7 to explain, first, put the dvd in the drive, then restart your computer, it should prompt you to boot from cd if not, restart again and hit delete as soon as the computer starts booting, it should take you to a set up screen, now dependin on what system you have, you should see something that says "boot menu" or some thing along those lines and then change the boot order putting cd/dvd before hardrive, then save and restart, then it would prompt you "press any key to boot from cd" hit something, it would take you to the set up screen, now if using vista or 7 you should see a tool icon when you click it you should have the option to format, click it, after formatting is completed (should be a couple secs) start the install, and sit back and let the cd do its work, depending on whether you have a cracked version of windows or an original, you may need an access code, remember to have thth handy bewcause half way thru the intall you would need it, once thats in an you select your preferences, you should have a "new" looking computer, if installing windows 7 it automatically saves your drivers during fromat, the older versions you would have to re in stall the drivers yourself................................ hope that helps you man

§treet_§peed
05-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Fuck spending money to get a program. Go here, www.pirateschest.net and search. You can get pretty much anything there for free. I'm not trying to hurt someone from making money, just helping a fellow IA member out.

loverboy_gnd
05-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Fuck spending money to get a program. Go here, www.pirateschest.net and search. You can get pretty much anything there for free. I'm not trying to hurt someone from making money, just helping a fellow IA member out.

or www.thepiratebay.org but you would first have to download a client... i use www.utorrent.com