PDA

View Full Version : Jetta with MEDIUM SCHOOL wheels

Mr.Ek9
05-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Last time you saw my car it looked like this.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd327/Mrep3/4556813550_8a10976fd9_o.jpg

And now today it looks like this...Pending rolled fenders tomorrow. Missing center caps to make dialing in easier.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd327/Mrep3/4585752352_4b19b0d6a0_o.jpg

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd327/Mrep3/4585752982_51ce81b852_o.jpg

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd327/Mrep3/4585753492_b7cef0bfde_o.jpg

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd327/Mrep3/4585754784_6af69ab427_o.jpg

Better??? :thinking:

Prime.
05-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Soooooo much better. Racelands?

Da_unknown
05-06-2010, 09:30 PM
indeed

ghettos2k
05-06-2010, 09:45 PM
no center caps looks better and the stance is on point.

EJ_Allmota
05-06-2010, 09:48 PM
shit looks SOOOOO much better... :goodjob:

Glade
05-06-2010, 09:56 PM
makes me wanna punch babies..car is pure unadulterated funk

Mr.Ek9
05-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Soooooo much better. Racelands?

Yep, still have about 1 1/2 inch of threads left in front and perches still in in the back.

These pics are in my driveway because I still cant figure out a way down, lol. Logan will be over tomorrow to roll all fenders so maybe a little lower.

pr8yr
05-06-2010, 11:45 PM
holy snap bro. great work. so ur dd with this?.

Genji-Sama
05-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Without a doubt, better. Lovin that last :camera:

Mr.Ek9
05-06-2010, 11:50 PM
holy snap bro. great work. so ur dd with this?.

You know it. Should be about 1/2 inch lower for SoWo if I can manage it.

Without a doubt, better. Lovin that last :camera:

Thanks.
Photo credit goes to Keith(Frosthatch).

Prime.
05-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Yeah looks great. What's the front around 23" or so right now?

Cameron.
05-07-2010, 01:05 AM
lol.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd327/Mrep3/bgheaderp.gif

dub people..

but hey its whatever do what you do, not everbodys into performance/handling. looks great! lot better than before.

LokiSays
05-07-2010, 01:08 AM
If you ain't scrubbin' you ain't dubbin'!

Cameron.
05-07-2010, 01:08 AM
true that.

quickdodge®
05-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Better??? :thinking:

I love it! Later, QD.

RL...
05-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Doesn't look bad, but damn you "stanced" ppl must not actually drive your cars anywhere...

Mr.Ek9
05-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Yeah looks great. What's the front around 23" or so right now?

Ya I think it was right around 23 1/4.

dub people..

but hey its whatever do what you do, not everbodys into performance/handling. looks great! lot better than before.

Thanks, and thanks again for the refreshing viewpoint not so often shared by IA members.

I love it! Later, QD.

HOLY SHIT!! FUCK YA!!! :boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boob ies::boobies::cheers:

Doesn't look bad, but damn you "stanced" ppl must not actually drive your cars anywhere...

Nah, we just know how to drive our cars where we need to go.

AV8ter
05-07-2010, 07:43 AM
First pic is AWESOME. Diggin the medium/mild sauce school rims too. Trying to find myself a set before too long.

Kevin

1CleanEg
05-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Damn looks alot better man, i still plan on getting a jetta b4 the end of the summer

quickdodge®
05-07-2010, 10:27 AM

While I prefer the timeless "slammed" terminology to describe cars sitting on the ground, you must not have ever had a really low car. I lowered my first car back in 1986 and it was lower than this VW and I had no problems getting anywhere. Scrubbed really only where I wanted to scrub. And back then, my cars were my only form of transportation so I they were all dailies. Just got to know how to do it. Later, QD.

87 Turbo II
05-07-2010, 10:50 AM
While I prefer the timeless "slammed" terminology to describe cars sitting on the ground, you must not have ever had a really low car. I lowered my first car back in 1986 and it was lower than this VW and I had no problems getting anywhere. Scrubbed really only where I wanted to scrub. And back then, my cars were my only form of transportation so I they were all dailies. Just got to know how to do it. Later, QD.

How the hell do you "want to scrub" ever? And suppose you are approaching a speed bump you have no way around that is the maximum legal height of 4 inches. How the hell do you cross it when you "don't want to scrub"? I call bullshit.

Also as per the thread, I'm not a fan of "stanced cars" and the signature "Form > Function" is the dumbest mentality IMO. It's essentially what rice is, looks with no performance gains. Cars have engines in them, and wheels, and suspensions, all of these thing are engineered by a team of brilliant people to get you around from point a to point b. Reversing the effects of their engineering is pretty stupid way to spend money. To make your car work with its intended purpose less all for the sake of making it a big fashion item.

quickdodge®
05-07-2010, 12:41 PM
How the hell do you "want to scrub" ever? And suppose you are approaching a speed bump you have no way around that is the maximum legal height of 4 inches. How the hell do you cross it when you "don't want to scrub"? I call bullshit.

Call it what you want, man, but it doesn't make it so. By the way, where you in 1986? Did we know each other? Unless you're a reincarnation, you weren't even a sperm cell or egg in your parents reproductive organs when I was doing this. So where is the validity in your calling my bluff?

Cars have engines in them, and wheels, and suspensions, all of these thing are engineered by a team of brilliant people to get you around from point a to point b.

So what you're saying is, you've always (and currently do) owned completely stock cars with zero modifications done to them?

Reversing the effects of their engineering is pretty stupid way to spend money.

I apologize for I can't remember, but how much money did we figure you spent on my car?

To make your car work with its intended purpose less all for the sake of making it a big fashion item.

A fashion item? I've been at this for longer than at least 85% of the people on this site. I don't believe I'm doing this for anything other than the FACT that I've been doing it ever since I could drive. Why are you on an automotive modification site if you're against automotive modifications? Later, QD.

SoLJames95
05-07-2010, 01:01 PM
HMMMMM............................ Owned maybe? lol

C.Smock
05-07-2010, 01:13 PM
HMMMMM............................ Owned maybe? lol

yes sirr! lol + reps qd and SoLJames95!

and to OP shits hott man! +reps!

quickdodge®
05-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Lolol, I'm not necessarily trying to "own" him. Just trying to bring some rationality to his post. Later, QD

Mr.Ek9
05-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Lolol, I'm not necessarily trying to "own" him. Just trying to bring some rationality to his post. Later, QD

And thank you for it. There are way too many aspects of car modifying to be foolish enough to believe that one of them is the "wrong way". If you don't like it man, just move on. And seriously, why are you a member of this site? Go find your buddy simontibet and go nutswing off ej25run. Close minded people have no place in this culture.

fivex684
05-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Looks good. Can't wait for next weekend.

87 Turbo II
05-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Call it what you want, man, but it doesn't make it so. By the way, where you in 1986? Did we know each other? Unless you're a reincarnation, you weren't even a sperm cell or egg in your parents reproductive organs when I was doing this. So where is the validity in your calling my bluff?

Completely irrelevant. It's like when people throw out the "I'm old enough to be your father" argument. It may be true, but for the sake of this argument, you just threw it off the topic so people would forget. I want to know how you "choose not to want to scrub" approaching a 4 inch speedbump in a car with 2 inches of ground clearance without scrubbing because you "know how to drive a car that low without scrubbing". Don't just say I wasn't there, simply state the way you magically made the car 2 inches higher or lowered the speedbump. It's why I said bullshit.

So what you're saying is, you've always (and currently do) owned completely stock cars with zero modifications done to them?
All my modifications either increase grip, power,or responsiveness, they all tie in with the parts of a car that move it, and they enhance their intended functions. Wheels are put on a car to roll it, not to look any particular way. So to make them look like they poke out then stretch skinny stiff tires with small contact patches across them and tucking them under a fender at the expense of gouging the tires on the inner fender, wearing them unevenly with camber, and dealing with poor acceleration braking and fuel consumption from the added rotational mass seems pretty stupid. Modificatons should enhance a function, not make something fit a style at the expense of function.

I apologize for I can't remember, but how much money did we figure you spent on my car?
None, I didn't say you should have done whatever you want. It is your car, I was just saying it's a stupid way to spend money. the fact that that is my opinion is implied. Spend it how you want, I'll judge weather or not I think its stupid all I want, don't tell me you don't do the same thing when you enter a thread, see a car you don't like, and say "That wing is hideous." or anything similar.

A fashion item? I've been at this for longer than at least 85% of the people on this site. I don't believe I'm doing this for anything other than the FACT that I've been doing it ever since I could drive. Why are you on an automotive modification site if you're against automotive modifications? Later, QD.

I don't know why YOU do it. Although the reason "I do it because I've always done it" errs back to irrelevance in my opinion. At any rate, the part of my post this response was quoting wasn't meant just for you, but rather I.A. And fact of the matter is many of the IA members do look at their cars like women look at their clothes. Fashion even if they're impractical as hell. And I am not against all modification, but some, and to join a modification site means I have to deal with the kind of mods I disagree with to discuss the ones I do agree with that are lumped in.

To other misc. people in the thread: There was no lack of rationality to my post that needed addressing. And owned? Far from it. Also, I'm not close minded, I have given everything discussed great thought and just deduced my own opinions from it. Call it what you want.

Dirty Octopus™
05-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Muchismo Mejor

Dirty Octopus™
05-07-2010, 03:02 PM
and shit

RL...
05-07-2010, 08:15 PM

I also prefer the term slammed. I have had my maxima "that" low, and yeah you can drive it, it's just no a pleasant experience...the ride quality is shit and scraping my subframe on the tiniest dip in the road isn't fun either. I think moderately stanced cars look okay, but I do like to have fun with my car, meaning being able to drive 50+ mph on a back road and have the confidence to know that my y pipe/oil pan won't get caught on the slightest road imperfection.

I'm not trying to say the stanced movement is bad, I'm all for it even though it's not my thing, but theres no way you can tell me driving a car that low:
a) rides nice
b) without worrying about bumps and really fucking your shit up
c) that you can drive the car 1 block in downtown atl before #2 happens

Honestly my car looked better slammed imo, but it is just not worth the hassle. Although to some, it is so more power to them. I like looking at the cars just wouldn't want to dd them.

Mr.Ek9
05-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Ok so Logan got my fenders rolled today and we managed to get it off the driveway. Now the problem is that I am so low my swaybar is rubbing my axle so it will be coming out tomorrow.

Slowly getting there.

SoLJames95
05-07-2010, 11:43 PM
My car looks slammed when I have 4 fat bitches in and a cooler full of Nattys. :)

TougeGTR-33
05-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Very nice man!

RL...
05-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Ok so Logan got my fenders rolled today and we managed to get it off the driveway. Now the problem is that I am so low my swaybar is rubbing my axle so it will be coming out tomorrow.

Slowly getting there.

I would never sacrifice handling for "moar low". But atleast your car will look good.

quickdodge®
05-08-2010, 02:32 AM
Completely irrelevant.

It's actually very relevant. You're calling BS on something you know nothing of. Someone could call you smart and I could say BS, but I can't because I don't know. I know what I did and how I did it. Who are you that I need to prove my past to? Who are you that I need to back up what I say. If I didn't do it, I wouldn't say it. Why would I make up that I can drive a slammed car? There's no one to impress here.

All my modifications either increase grip, power,or responsiveness, they all tie in with the parts of a car that move it, and they enhance their intended functions.

But...but, you said these "teams of brilliant people" mad the cars to where their intent was.Why modify it.....unless...wait for it.....you WANT to.

Modificatons should enhance a function, not make something fit a style at the expense of function.

Says who?

Spend it how you want, I'll judge weather or not I think its stupid all I want, don't tell me you don't do the same thing when you enter a thread, see a car you don't like, and say "That wing is hideous." or anything similar.

I never said that I don't say anything negative about someone's car. But I also don't go around ranting and raving and writing essays on why they did their car the way they did why what they do is bullshit. Talk about irrelevance.

I don't know why YOU do it. Although the reason "I do it because I've always done it" errs back to irrelevance in my opinion.

It's really not irrelevant at all if you were to actually think about it.

And fact of the matter is many of the IA members do look at their cars like women look at their clothes. Fashion even if they're impractical as hell

If an empty band wagon ever stopped on IA, it would be overcrowded by the time it left the station. Very true.

There was no lack of rationality to my post that needed addressing. And owned? Far from it.

There was irrationality and it really wasn't that far from ownage...although I wasn't trying to do that. I'm actually kind of surprised that you decided to "attack" me. I didn't know we had any problems, but if you do, that's cool. I'm not too worried about it. Later, QD.

bbuba
05-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Car looks fabulous

boosted_nonv
05-09-2010, 09:36 AM
i knew i should got those wheels in the 10.5, looks good homie:goodjob:

And this comment is all the truth:goodjob:

tubby
05-09-2010, 11:34 AM
looks good could use a little smaller tire in the rear or maby just a lil more camber and a tad lower

Oz10
05-09-2010, 11:42 AM
My car looks slammed when I have 4 fat bitches in and a cooler full of Nattys. :)

Pics of you fittin' 4 fat bitches in a Del sol???! I'm not into "BBW's" but that sounds like a sight to behold. hahahaha

87 Turbo II
05-09-2010, 11:43 AM
It's actually very relevant. You're calling BS on something you know nothing of. Someone could call you smart and I could say BS, but I can't because I don't know. I know what I did and how I did it. Who are you that I need to prove my past to? Who are you that I need to back up what I say. If I didn't do it, I wouldn't say it. Why would I make up that I can drive a slammed car? There's no one to impress here. Regardless of the fact that you are not obligated to prove yourself, the fact that there is no real answer to the question still just hurts the credibility of the original statement "shenanegans" was called against, but do as you wish, if you're happy with what you know happened and don't feel there is anyone you have to prove it to, then that just shows extreme self confidence. But a few skeptics and I will always think otherwise to the truth and credibility of your claim, but if you're ok with that, power to you.

But...but, you said these "teams of brilliant people" made the cars to where their intent was.Why modify it.....unless...wait for it.....you WANT to.
This is a good point, and I won't get into any further than I already have. I'll make my argument very weak by stating my views as opinions and just agree to disagree.

Says who?
I'll quote myself here and say "the fact that this is all my opinion is implied."

I never said that I don't say anything negative about someone's car. But I also don't go around ranting and raving and writing essays on why they did their car the way they did why what they do is bullshit. Talk about irrelevance.
Admittedly it may be a good bit out of line for me to start throwing the B.S. flag up at people's intentions and trying to say why they do what they do, but hey, it's I.A., and statistically, there will always be a good chunk of retards who fit the description perfectly that one can generalize and make the statement (mostly) true.

It's really not irrelevant at all if you were to actually think about it.
well anything can be made irrelevant or relevant depending on who backs it up and how well they thought to link situations or break links, it's all the talent of the people in debate, so yes, it could be made relevant with good argument to support it.

If an empty band wagon ever stopped on IA, it would be overcrowded by the time it left the station. Very true.
agreed and it is annoying haha

There was irrationality and it really wasn't that far from ownage...although I wasn't trying to do that. I'm actually kind of surprised that you decided to "attack" me. I didn't know we had any problems, but if you do, that's cool. I'm not too worried about it. Later, QD.

No real attack, I just enjoy intellegent debate. Consider it a compliment that I actually took the time to think about your points and creat counterpoints of my own. Not that you have the insecurity to need complimnents, but I guess as a top dog on this site, debating with you just felt more coherent and challenging that ti would have with well over 85% of the members here. Most of the O.G. posters are like this though.(that does NOT mean I consider myself one). We're cool though, just friendly debate(granted I should reserve the word "bullshit" for less professional and more immature childish posts). So don't view it as attacking you at all, no problems with you.

tubby
05-09-2010, 11:56 AM
^^ never gona win that

87 Turbo II
05-09-2010, 01:05 PM
^^ nutswinger trying to get reps from QD

quickdodge®
05-09-2010, 01:13 PM
... just hurts the credibility of the original statement "shenanegans" was called against,

No credibility was lost at all.

but do as you wish, if you're happy with what you know happened and don't feel there is anyone you have to prove it to, then that just shows extreme self confidence. But a few skeptics and I will always think otherwise to the truth and credibility of your claim,

I don't know of but one skeptic (you). And I'm still not sure of why you would think I would make this up.

it's I.A., and statistically, there will always be a good chunk of retards who fit the description perfectly that one can generalize and make the statement (mostly) true.

Unfortunately, you're right.

No real attack, I just enjoy intellegent debate. Consider it a compliment that I actually took the time to think about your points and creat counterpoints of my own. Not that you have the insecurity to need complimnents, but I guess as a top dog on this site, debating with you just felt more coherent and challenging that ti would have with well over 85% of the members here. Most of the O.G. posters are like this though.(that does NOT mean I consider myself one). We're cool though, just friendly debate(granted I should reserve the word "bullshit" for less professional and more immature childish posts). So don't view it as attacking you at all, no problems with you.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear that no problems exist and it was, surprisingly, an intelligent back-n-forth conversation. I wouldn't really call it a debate because we were "arguing" over something that wasn't debatable.

We shall meet again, lolol. Later, QD.