PDA

View Full Version : Music Old school snoop

-EnVus-
05-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Summer time track for the road....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do4fA8tONY4&feature=related

5speed
05-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Hmmm...I like Snoop as an artist, but he is one of the few who hasn't been called out on being fake. I have two friends that grew up in the same neighborhood with Snoop and they say it wasn't that bad at all. It wasn't amazing but not any real gangster shit either. They are about 9 years older than Snoop.

-EnVus-
05-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Hmmm...I like Snoop as an artist, but he is one of the few who hasn't been called out on being fake. I have two friends that grew up in the same neighborhood with Snoop and they say it wasn't that bad at all. It wasn't amazing but not any real gangster shit either. They are about 9 years older than Snoop.
idk i remember hearing a lot about the LBC in the 80's-early 90's it was a hell hole

quickdodgeŽ
05-06-2010, 12:14 AM
idk i remember hearing a lot about the LBC in the 80's-early 90's it was a hell hole

You should remember hearing wrong, then. LBC wasn't that bad back then. It was all about Compton, South Central LA, Watts and Inglewood. Long Beach wasn't really considered a "hot spot" for a long time. And it never really came to be. Only reason it's on the map now is because Snoop claims the city. Long Beach is where I'm from, zeah. Later, QD.

-EnVus-
05-06-2010, 12:17 AM
You should remember hearing wrong, then. LBC wasn't that bad back then. It was all about Compton, South Central LA, Watts and Inglewood. Long Beach wasn't really considered a "hot spot" for a long time. And it never really came to be. Only reason it's on the map now is because Snoop claims the city. Long Beach is where I'm from, zeah. Later, QD.

C'mon you know you left cause of the crime there lol......Yeah maybe it was all BS i mean unless you live there it could be heaven.
Yeah i wouldn
t doubt ppl have claimed to come from rough neighbor hoods just for rep and fame.

5speed
05-06-2010, 12:20 AM

So you can back them up on this?

-EnVus-
05-06-2010, 12:23 AM

watts riots i think everyone heard about

quickdodgeŽ
05-06-2010, 12:50 AM

Can I back what up?

watts riots i think everyone heard about

Well the Watts Riots wasn't what I was thinking of, lolol. But in the late 70's, and more prominently in the mid '80s, gangbanging really rose to prominence throughout the aforementioned cities/zones. South Central, Watts and Compton were majority Crip and Inglewood was home to many slo---er---I mean blood gangs. I've followed that stuff ever since then and pretty knowledgeable on the subject. Later, QD.

5speed
05-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Can I back what up?

Well the Watts Riots wasn't what I was thinking of, lolol. But in the late 70's, and more prominently in the mid '80s, gangbanging really rose to prominence throughout the aforementioned cities/zones. South Central, Watts and Compton were majority Crip and Inglewood was home to many slo---er---I mean blood gangs. I've followed that stuff ever since then and pretty knowledgeable on the subject. Later, QD.

That it wasn't really a "hard" neighborhood town to grow up in. I understand things can be rough, but I mean in comparison to the places mentioned.

quickdodgeŽ
05-06-2010, 12:56 AM
That it wasn't really a "hard" neighborhood town to grow up in. I understand things can be rough, but I mean in comparison to the places mentioned.

Oh you're asking if I can back up your friends words that LBC wasn't that bad of a place. Yeah, I can vouch for that. Later, QD.

5speed
05-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Oh you're asking if I can back up your friends words that LBC wasn't that bad of a place. Yeah, I can vouch for that. Later, QD.

Exactly, lol. I could have asked with clarity.