PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Active Car Club

scooper
05-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi guys and gals, my name's Cooper and I saw that this little spot of the forum was for people around the Columbus GA area. I have been looking for a car club around the area just so I can meet up with and hang out with fellow import enthusiasts like myself. I 30 years old and married. I manage the new O'reilly auto parts store on Wynnton roads commercial department and have been working for the company about a year. I have been around cars all my life and have had just about every type of sports car I ever wanted. From an 86' 383 stroked Camaro to an 87' Mustang GT with a boosted 347 stroker and I even owned a 1990 300z twin turbo at one point. I just recent got into the Honda scene and have been reading and studying and reading and studying.. I even dream of parts and swaps for my car in my sleep now. Oh, and for those who just have to know, my current ride is a 1990 EF. It's a stock DX for now but I have a LS block for it, with a B16 head and GSR Valvetrain under construction now. I still need to find a Si Tranny and some other parts but, hey, it's a project car.

Anywho, im seeking a mature and active car club or group of guys to hang out with and just BS about BS'ing... I dunno. I visit the Phenix Drag strip alot, and even venture out to Reynolds from time to time as well. :goodjob:

justnprsh07
05-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Good luck finding a good car club most ppl in here just meet up whenever they feel like it... but you can hook up with lowline you don't really even half to have a car to be in that car club

scooper
05-03-2010, 09:26 PM
lowline.. not quite what I was looking for. I'll keep looking or even try to start up my own I guess.

kte324
05-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Good luck finding a good car club most ppl in here just meet up whenever they feel like it... but you can hook up with lowline you don't really even half to have a car to be in that car club

I'm with lowline custom justin, it's the best ever.

egsn-95
05-04-2010, 06:11 AM
i used to be in lowline a while ago. its a good club to start in. im with team deja vu now. but i think the "club" scene is slowly dying.

justnprsh07
05-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Plenty of clubs just none worth messing with if there was a club that actually had standards it would be alright I like hanging out with ppl that have similar cars... got to look good or be fast not old saturns and trucks that just have wheels

egsn-95
05-04-2010, 03:23 PM
^^ i know what your talking about. my new crew is a show crew. we actually have some standards unlike some others.(not trying to sound like a dick)

scooper
05-04-2010, 06:40 PM
That's what I was looking for. I know the "club" scene is dying. But I was hoping that there were still some around. And to me a club MUST have standards, events, rides, active members.

I have been wanting to start up a car club that upholds such standards, I wonder if anyone be interested. I can get the hookup on decals, shirts, hats, and even build websites. I had tossed the idea around a few years back and had come up with a few names for the club, but the one that really stood out was

C - Columbus
I - Import
A - Alliance

or

C - Columbus
I - Import
C - Crew (Reverse the "c")

Each person would have a nickname on their team/crew shirt and on their car, up under the logo like.

C.I.A
Columbus Import Alliance
"Flyboy"

There would also be a "rank" on the logo as well, see below.

The C.I.A would be open to all types of IMPORT cars, It does not have to be just a Honda or a DSM. If you spend the time and money on your car, and you live and love them like we all do ours, you are equal in my book. That's what it's about, an alliance of all types of tuners who love to laugh and hang out and become close friends.

Members would gain "rank" similar to a military based ranking system on how active and outgoing they were. As well as helped promote the club and attending regular car meets. I would like to have a meet at least once a week, and possibly a club ride at least every 2 weeks during the summer.

If anyone is interested let me know, im open for suggestions and ideas. If I can get at least 5 more people interested, we can probably get this thing going up and off the ground and make a name in the C-Town area for tuners and import lovers to have a chance to join a car club that would be a one of a kind family.

egsn-95
05-04-2010, 07:16 PM
sounds cool. but if it doesnt work out lmk and you can prob join TDV. its a mix of imports/domestics from 68 mustangs to r32 v-dubs. to stay in you must keep modding you car weather its for the track or the show. check out www.teamdejavu.org---sry for site construction---

SAVAGE21PRO
05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
I say start a new club with all the standards

scooper
05-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Here is my current project/daily driver if anyone was curious:

1990 Honda Civic HB DX
1.5L 4cyl, 5spd Swap
250K+ Original Miles
Clutch Finally Starting to Slip

Removed ALL ac components
New timing belt and tensioner
New T-Stat and Seal
New Radiator
New OEM TD-01 Distributor
New Window Visors (Non Si Model)
New NGK plugs and OMNi Wires

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/fearanoia/1990%20Honda%20EF/DSCF0020.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/fearanoia/1990%20Honda%20EF/DSCF0021.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/fearanoia/1990%20Honda%20EF/DSCF0022.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/fearanoia/1990%20Honda%20EF/DSCF0023.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/fearanoia/1990%20Honda%20EF/DSCF0025.jpg

She is very dirty at the moment, I do apologize for the crappy pictures as well. I have a cheap Walmart Digital cam.

I have alot fo plans for this car. Within the next few months the following will be done.

1: Correct coilovers will be installed and the cheap ebay integra ones will be junked
2: B18a1 Ls/Vtec Block is being prepped as you read this. B16 head with GSR valvetrain and ITR Cams already completed.
3: T3 Garret Turbo already purchased and awaiting block prep to be completed before final assembley
4: Live data and wideband system with mini laptop molded into dash, possible radio with H.U.D for readout
5: Paintjob, it has a crappy cheap MAKO 200.00 paint job on the top half where the factory pinstriping was
6: Wiretuck!!!!
7: Rims eventually
8: My goal is 300HP on a daily driver
9: LS or Si Tranny swap, eventually a LSD would be nice
10: Beefier Axles
11: F/R Brake upgrades
12: Chassis bracing
13: All black and Carbon Fiber interior pieces from an Si model

Also seeking any and all parts for sale for this car if anyone has any.
PM me.

kte324
05-04-2010, 08:19 PM
I joined Parish racing on Sunday at Import Showdown with my boy Logan.

justnprsh07
05-05-2010, 02:19 PM
lol yea three deep and already have cleaner and way faster cars than any other car clubs i have seen here in columbus

scooper
05-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Well, mine is not that clean yet, it's just now getting started.

Bridged
05-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Street evil, but one of the rules is must run a 12.9 on streets and factory turbo cars 12.2 on street tires. There's alot of rules but its worth looking into, alot of event going and drag racing and trips and such. I use to be in it before work got busy.

justnprsh07
05-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Street evil, but one of the rules is must run a 12.9 on streets and factory turbo cars 12.2 on street tires. There's alot of rules but its worth looking into, alot of event going and drag racing and trips and such. I use to be in it before work got busy.

see there there are some good standards never heard of them but thats the kinda clubs we need

kte324
05-05-2010, 11:58 PM

and where is this at? never heard of them.

lmr_Bseries
05-06-2010, 12:08 AM
lol yea three deep and already have cleaner and way faster cars than any other car clubs i have seen here in columbus

this man speaks the truth...all we need is three of us one for lightweight, medium weight, and heavy weight...so they can pick which ever they want lol :crazy:...or they can get all 3

quickdodgeŽ
05-06-2010, 12:54 AM
I 30 years old and married.

I couldn't imagine joining a car club at 30. Later, QD.

LIKEG6
05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
So everyone must have forgot about the best club in the valley?

egsn-95
05-06-2010, 05:56 PM
So everyone must have forgot about the best club in the valley?
royal flush??? j/k. yall have too many ppl already lol.

LIKEG6
05-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Lol, I think I saw a car with royal flush on it the other day.

We really don't have that many in our club anymore.

LIKEG6
05-06-2010, 06:46 PM

Motivation
05-06-2010, 06:48 PM

We have a few members at or around the age of 30...

egsn-95
05-06-2010, 08:28 PM
it seemed like every other car was yalls a while ago lol

kte324
05-06-2010, 10:26 PM

Thats because you tried to go biker boyz on them, they weren't having that.

I did an incognito mulit-honk on you the other day when I was driving my mom's "built" civic.

LIKEG6
05-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Lol yea I saw you. Did you see me wave to you?

kte324
05-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Lol yea I saw you. Did you see me wave to you?

Naa, I couldn't look over for to long or I would have rear ended someone.

Bridged
05-09-2010, 02:31 PM
and where is this at? never heard of them.

In Columbus. There's only like 9 people but all nice cars. They don't do nothing around here they mostly go to gnet nd atl meets on weekends because there's no one out in columbus anymore.

1d10t
05-21-2010, 12:07 PM

Havent you been like 30 twice?

unkkut
05-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Active car clubs are going to be hard to find. Most clubs are full of people who already know each other and just happen to share the same interests. I'm 24 and I know a couple guys a little older that drive some pretty decent rides. Push from these forums is one of they guys I hang out with on a regular basis. Other then that, I dont really know anybody here.

It would probably be wise to just go out and meet people. The older folks are, the farther they will be from a computer.