PDA

View Full Version : Nothing But Problems Again.

Farrow2005
05-03-2010, 09:03 PM
1986 Toyota Corolla GTS 4age

ok, my car cuts of at random but will start right back up.

also alternator went bad, got a new one, STILL WONT CHARGE BATTERY.

this shit is driving me crazy if fix one thing then another goes down.

BlkCD5
05-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Bad wiring? A few days ago i found out my negative battery cable was frayed and beat to hell. The car wouldn't start or hold charge sometimes, lights would dim and etc. I replaced that and all of my electrical problems were gone.

Barefoot
05-04-2010, 06:07 AM
the cut off could be a # of things. long list really without more details.

the alt not charging could be a break in the line from the battery to the atl. either act of god break or an inline fuse is blown.

Turbodude06
05-04-2010, 08:03 AM
the cut off could be a # of things. long list really without more details.

the alt not charging could be a break in the line from the battery to the atl. either act of god break or an inline fuse is blown.

^X2:goodjob:

Farrow2005
05-04-2010, 10:48 AM
when i get off ill start the hunt for an inline fuse.

my fuel pump is a little louder than normal in it changes its pitch in the wine it makes.

so far i have changed out. cap n button, ignition switch, and coil.

I'm supposed to have body work done this week. that's why I am stressing!

Barefoot
05-04-2010, 01:16 PM
when i get off ill start the hunt for an inline fuse.

my fuel pump is a little louder than normal in it changes its pitch in the wine it makes.

so far i have changed out. cap n button, ignition switch, and coil.

I'm supposed to have body work done this week. that's why I am stressing!
if u cant get it figured out give me a call. we can set something up.

Farrow2005
05-04-2010, 08:57 PM
OK, so, for a few min. i FREAKED cuz club4ag is down... but i Bookmark just about EVERYTHING i come across for AE86 Corollas

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/g_U_1986_TOYOTA_COROLLA_AE86L-ECMQFA.html <-------- partnumbers not helping me.... come on servers.

<3

no fusible link. just a breaker near the ECU, and some Fuses were the positive terminal is, and one more wire from the charge goes to ENGINE MAIN relay/fuse thing.

also cool guy across the street... Tim works for Binzz dealer ship here local helped me tone out some of my wires. and my charge light does not light up when i turn the ignition on.

Also http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?271729-My-AE86-Is-killing-me!&p=38680978&highlight=#post38680978 replys have been repped on both my old and this new post. Thank you guy from my old post for the positive comments. trust me i am not going to lose/sell this car and if i do i will get another one.

Farrow2005
05-08-2010, 08:04 AM
i volt tested the the Two wires that would connect to the alt (not the plug) and it gets a 12v from the battery. i know with old chevys you have to have a light hooked up ( or some sort of charge indicator/switch) in order for the alt. to do its job.

i just checked all kinds of fuses both the boxs on the driver side and pass side (in the car) fuses blocks on the battery are good( and there is two yellow ones) and the fuse box on the drive side. only fuse blown was a 20 on the inner drive side replaced it nothing seamed to change the out come. only 12v through the hole system. im glade i have 2 batterys.

sombulus
08-01-2010, 01:39 PM
have you cleaned all of your grounds? that could be the the result of an alternator not charging and your car cutting out.