PDA

View Full Version : NXT Generation Wax

imbosile
11-05-2005, 08:00 PM
I bought Meguiar's NXT Generation paste wax, tonight, im gonna use it tomorrow, anyone here ever tried it? is it any good? :confused:

Deaf Pimp
11-06-2005, 02:12 AM
It's definitely the easiest synthetic wax I've ever used. Put on, let it dry for about 15 mins and wipe right off. Don't cake it on, otherwise you will be in for a lot of buffing. I like to put on thin layers and I usually do 2-3 coats. Some say you should wait 24hrs in between coats, but I dont have that much time.

Results? Very nice for such a one-step wax. With the right prep I've gotten my car to shine like I spent 8 hours on it. Great stuff except the fact it does not last very long. Granted, its so easy to re-apply so that sort of offsets the longitivity. Be aware too, this is not a scratch remover. This stuff will help hide minor scratches/swirls but they will come back once the wax wears away. I would recommend a light abrasive compound or a good polish to get minor scratches out.

imbosile
11-06-2005, 08:40 AM
thanks, I used some Carnuba "cleaning" wax yesterday and got rid of a lot of scratches.

I washed my car yesterday and all so it's pretty clean, so do you think I could just rinse it off with water and re-dry it, or should I just rewash my whole car since I want to wax it today?

btw: is that your car in your sig?

Deaf Pimp
11-06-2005, 10:30 AM
If you are going to wax the car, I would definitely wash it again and dry it. You wouldn't believe how much micro-dirt can build up on a car and can cause swirls/scratches when you wax. So give it a good wash and apply the wax.

No, its not my car... I wish. The RS4 hasn't made it over here yet.

The Ren
11-06-2005, 10:40 AM
I used the nxt and i love it.. I kind of use the same style as pat.. I do two good washes before i wax.. Then I run a microfiber towel over the dry car and then wax.. I do 3 coats...wait 15 min after applying.. wipe it off.. then wait 10 min and add another layer..

imbosile
11-06-2005, 11:27 AM
is that the wax you used before NOPI?, cuz your car looked damn good?

AznTraitor
11-08-2005, 06:35 AM
is that the wax you used before NOPI?, cuz your car looked damn good?

no the guy who detailed her car uses Adams Polishes....

imbosile
11-08-2005, 03:44 PM
no the guy who detailed her car uses Adams Polishes....

where do you get your cars detailed?, you guys dont do it yourself? :confused: :)

AznTraitor
11-08-2005, 04:52 PM
where do you get your cars detailed?, you guys dont do it yourself? :confused: :)

no, I'm not lazy....I do my own cars...always have.

I've used Meguiar's Gold, Zaino Brother's, and I'm gonna start using Adam's shortly.

the guy that did MySupra's car is actually my buddy...he is a wizard at detailing cars....he really doesnt do it for a job or anything....he just takes really good care of his car and his family's cars, and what he charged her was really next to nothing compared to what some places charge for less work, he just did it because he never did a MKIV Supra before.

imbosile
11-08-2005, 05:43 PM
well lmk if he ever wants to do 3g eclipse, i'll pay him whatever, what all does he do?, outside, inside? like 70 bucks or something?

AznTraitor
11-08-2005, 07:49 PM
well lmk if he ever wants to do 3g eclipse, i'll pay him whatever, what all does he do?, outside, inside? like 70 bucks or something?

like I said, he enjoys detailing his cars and his families....it's no 1hr kinda job....when he actually puts his mind into it, he'll take anywhere from 4-6+ hours....$70 is kinda low....if you goto a professional detailing place, not a carwash that will spray wax and wipe it off, but actually clay bar, polish, and then wax your car, they tend to run anywhere from $150-300 depending on car.

Speedm0(\)key
11-08-2005, 07:58 PM
like I said, he enjoys detailing his cars and his families....it's no 1hr kinda job....when he actually puts his mind into it, he'll take anywhere from 4-6+ hours....$70 is kinda low....if you goto a professional detailing place, not a carwash that will spray wax and wipe it off, but actually clay bar, polish, and then wax your car, they tend to run anywhere from $150-300 depending on car.

yeah ive never seen anything that included all that for less than $195

AznTraitor
11-08-2005, 08:03 PM
yeah ive never seen anything that included all that for less than $195

I was just kinda lowballing at $150.....but I was just trying to make a point that $70 isnt gonna cut it.

imbosile
11-08-2005, 08:12 PM
oh ok, thanks for the info...

AznTraitor
11-09-2005, 08:43 AM
oh yeah....hi Jordan W. how are those TT's working out for you?

Danny
11-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Last weekend, i detailed my car: wash, clay(meguires) and then Zymol wax. Anyone want to sugest a very light polish, that will help with VERY light swirls, these swirls kinda go hand in hand we red cars. But it took me almost 6hrs to do everything, worth every minuite. car i sooooo smooth and shinny now. Anyone want to sugest different products than my current ones?

AznTraitor
11-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Last weekend, i detailed my car: wash, clay(meguires) and then Zymol wax. Anyone want to sugest a very light polish, that will help with VERY light swirls, these swirls kinda go hand in hand we red cars. But it took me almost 6hrs to do everything, worth every minuite. car i sooooo smooth and shinny now. Anyone want to sugest different products than my current ones?

Zaino Bro's or Adam's polishes...

Zaino is like 7 bottles, and I think a start kit will run you about $125....but what a great result....

imbosile
11-09-2005, 03:57 PM
oh yeah....hi Jordan W. how are those TT's working out for you?

haha yea ......... my twin turbos.... lol..... :o