PDA

View Full Version : My rant for the night...

quickdodgeŽ
04-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Has anyone else noticed the rapidly growing trend in people riding around at night with their bright lights on? Holy fuck muffins, it seems to be getting worse and worse every night, too. And I don't mean "specialty" cars like donks, lowriders or tuners. I'm talking about your averages Joes. Just going about their business with no care in the world to their ignorance to other drivers. And these stupid motherfuckers are doing this purposely because even when you flick your bright lights at them, they don't do shit.

Except stay riding.

And I've been noticing that more and more people are doing this and it's fucked up. And it's also so bad and nonchalant of these morons, that whenever I get behind someone that has their brights on and put my brights on them, they move out of my way as if I'm telling them to move so I can pass.

What the fuck?!?!?!? I'm bright lighting you, chumpelstiltskin! I don't want you to move over.

I don't understand the purpose in this. If someone can enlighten me, I'd be willing to listen/read. Later, QD.

Okie_doke.
04-30-2010, 01:31 AM
I always get flashed but never have my high beams on. No HID's either

punkr6
04-30-2010, 01:35 AM

those cheap ass H.I.D's. are just as bad...

DeeAOne
04-30-2010, 01:38 AM
most average people pay no attention to their surroundings, let alone their instrument cluster. they get in the car, put it in gear, and drive.

hence why you see people riding around with blinkers on for 10+ miles. most of us here are either watching a boost gauge, wideband, or for some, the temp gauge. lol

Okie_doke.
04-30-2010, 01:40 AM
those cheap ass H.I.D's. are just as bad...
I couldn't afford them high dollar ones...FML

punkr6
04-30-2010, 01:46 AM
I couldn't afford them high dollar ones...FML

wouldn't the stock ones be a better choice then ? I'm not try to be a dick, but the stock lights seem a lot better to me. They may not be as bright, but they look a lot better and don't fuck up everyone in front of you...

STRteg
04-30-2010, 01:47 AM
I have never been able to undertstand this either,and not noticing the gauge cluster is no excuse,how can you not notice the decently bright blue headlight shaped light in your gauge cluster letting you know your high beams are on??? Rediculous it wouldnt be so bad if it werent for the mirrors.When people just drive around bright lighting everything around them I have all my mirrors set to a certain angle for me to see everything i need to see around my car and on the road and when the brights hit the mirrors where do they go? straight in my line of sight i hate these people

Okie_doke.
04-30-2010, 01:49 AM
wouldn't the stock ones be a better choice then ? I'm not try to be a dick, but the stock lights seem a lot better to me. They may not be as bright, but they look a lot better and don't fuck up everyone in front of you...

Mine are regular bulbs just the sylvania ones that are whiter I don't think they fuck up anyone in front of me but I could be wrong

secondgencamaro
04-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Idiots. Plain and simple. I've noticed this increase in imbeciles as well. One night, a guy in a Jaguar came in with a low-beam out and riding with his brights. He grabbed some car-wash stuff and headed to check out. I pointed out that his light was out and he said the looked at it and it was to hard to replace. I offered to replace it for him and he declined. I said it'd be $10 and 5 minutes and he wouldn't have to worry about a ticket. He said if he gets pulled over that it would be profiling. I lost patience and scoffed that they'd be profiling the car with its brights on. This idiot and his sense of entitlement parked in the clearly posted NO PARKING fire lane in front of the store. I'm glad someone else has noticed this. I see it all the time at work and on the road.

secondgencamaro
04-30-2010, 02:00 AM

I put some of these in my girlfriend's Camry. Haven't been flashed yet. Check you headlight alignment.

Okie_doke.
04-30-2010, 02:00 AM
Idiots. Plain and simple. I've noticed this increase in imbeciles as well. One night, a guy in a Jaguar came in with a low-beam out and riding with his brights. He grabbed some car-wash stuff and headed to check out. I pointed out that his light was out and he said the looked at it and it was to hard to replace. I offered to replace it for him and he declined. I said it'd be $10 and 5 minutes and he wouldn't have to worry about a ticket. He said if he gets pulled over that it would be profiling. I lost patience and scoffed that they'd be profiling the car with its brights on. This idiot and his sense of entitlement parked in the clearly posted NO PARKING fire lane in front of the store. I'm glad someone else has noticed this. I see it all the time at work and on the road.

Profiling? :lmfao: what an idiot

Okie_doke.
04-30-2010, 02:01 AM
I put some of these in my girlfriend's Camry. Haven't been flashed yet. Check you headlight alignment.

And yeah my buddy said just yesterday that my right one was a little high

quickdodgeŽ
04-30-2010, 02:33 AM
When people just drive around bright lighting everything around them I have all my mirrors set to a certain angle for me to see everything i need to see around my car and on the road and when the brights hit the mirrors where do they go?

This is another "plan of attack" for me. When someone is behind me with their brights on, I am both my side mirrors straight back towards them so that the high beam reflects off the mirror and goes right back to them. Later, QD.

secondgencamaro
04-30-2010, 02:38 AM
I want to mount a cop's spotlight on my S10 and put an HID kit in the bitch. That'd be my plan of attack, lolol.

STRteg
04-30-2010, 02:38 AM
This is another "plan of attack" for me. When someone is behind me with their brights on, I am both my side mirrors straight back towards them so that the high beam reflects off the mirror and goes right back to them. Later, QD.

Jesus all this time it was so simple I never thought about that before,i guess partly because I never wanted to have to readjust my mirrors i usually just change lanes

secondgencamaro
04-30-2010, 02:43 AM
Jesus all this time it was so simple I never thought about that before,i guess partly because I never wanted to have to readjust my mirrors i usually just change lanes

I slow to a crawl until they pass and then I get behind them and bright them.

Okie_doke.
04-30-2010, 02:46 AM
I slow to a crawl until they pass and then I get behind them and bright them.

I'd worry about road ragers with that,
i've heard some fucked up stories

quickdodgeŽ
04-30-2010, 08:40 AM

Both mirrors being fully controllable from the driver's door, I'm not too worried about that, lolol. Later, QD.

ilovemyhonda.
04-30-2010, 08:47 AM
If they are to bright, you are to old. just sayin'

J/K

I <3 YOU QD!

STRteg
04-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Both mirrors being fully controllable from the driver's door, I'm not too worried about that, lolol. Later, QD.

lol

ShooterMcGavin
04-30-2010, 11:17 PM
yeah, pisses me off too. i really can't stand it when i'm driving someone elses car w/o tinted windows.

5speed
05-01-2010, 12:32 AM
most average people pay no attention to their surroundings, let alone their instrument cluster. they get in the car, put it in gear, and drive.

hence why you see people riding around with blinkers on for 10+ miles. most of us here are either watching a boost gauge, wideband, or for some, the temp gauge. lol

I concur. I am always watching around for my surroundings. I constantly think of a crazy ass situation and figure what the best thing to do in order to get out of it and save my life and others.

Firefightin_tC
05-01-2010, 06:14 AM
I LOL'd @ "Holy Fuck Muffins"