PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Forum??

drupason
04-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Has anyone on here started their own forum? Not to compete with IA of course:bow: But on any topic maybe a hobby of yours or what not. I am working on one in a niche hobby that really does not have a forum at all anywhere so I think I can get plenty of member if done right. Just curious if anyone else has? Maybe get a few pointers.

uproot
04-29-2010, 06:33 PM
if you want to be found via search engines, look into SEO

-EnVus-
04-29-2010, 06:33 PM
money,money,money,ummm advertisement,more money and lots of time and skills

Echonova
04-29-2010, 06:34 PM
PM Julio or Paul. Pretty sure they have started a website that you might have heard about.

drupason
04-29-2010, 06:35 PM
PM Julio or Paul. Pretty sure they have started a website that you might have heard about.

Nawww they are useless!!! hahahaha

uproot
04-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Yeah Paul pretty much sold his body to make IA successful

Julio
04-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Word of mouth is the best way.. be different then other forums...The biggest key here is what you wrote in your thread.." no other forums for this hobby " .. Thats an advantage already.

The internet today is much (way) different then 10 years ago when IA was started.. Social sites were not the " In " thing.. so advertising was a little tougher.. But now, is so easy to push any site for free on big social sites..

The Idea w/ IA back in 2000-2001 was to have a car forum that bullshit was allowed.. It worked.. it blew up... Now, to many of the same out there.

So you must be different.. and thats tougher now a days.

-EnVus-
04-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Word of mouth is the best way.. be different then other forums...The biggest key here is what you wrote in your thread.." no other forums for this hobby " .. Thats an advantage already.

The internet today is much (way) different then 10 years ago when IA was started.. Social sites were not the " In " thing.. so advertising was a little tougher.. But now, is so easy to push any site for free on big social sites..

The Idea w/ IA back in 2000-2001 was to have a car forum that bullshit was allowed.. It worked.. it blew up... Now, to many of the same out there.

So you must be different.. and thats tougher now a days.

yeah and if you make it big don't forget to sell and get the fuck out while the site is at its best :ninja::ninja:

drupason
04-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Yea I am thinking I could get a pretty good crowd being that there is no competition! Ive had success getting websites ranked good on google so I should be able to get this one as well!

JITB
04-29-2010, 07:23 PM
i started :
www.mazda929.org

:)

its small but it serves a purpose, and its the only one, and 90% of the members are from australia..lol

ShooterMcGavin
04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
what kinda forum you trying to start drew?

drupason
04-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Its on storage unit auctions... ive been going to them for the past couple of years.. Ive figured there are definitly some good stories out there from people that go and what they find! And it would be helpful for new people getting into it. Its just bare bones right now no design or anything www.storageauctionforums.com (http://www.storageauctionforums.com)