PDA

View Full Version : My experience with shadowx3

bigdare23
04-29-2010, 05:43 PM
I was in need of a GSR head, so I made arrangements to pick up a GSR head from shadowx3. So the Friday before Import Alliance I drove down to Atlanta from North Carolina to meet up with him. Met up with him to see the head and this was what I saw.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/my%20car%20parts/023.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/my%20car%20parts/024.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/my%20car%20parts/025.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/my%20car%20parts/026.jpg
(pics are taken after I got it home)

By far, it wasn't the prettiest head. The head was "painted" silver and was flaking, then had teal overspray on it. It was missing studs (no biggie since I had spare intake and exhaust studs) The head had caked up oil and grease in it, but that was expected from a head from 1994. Since the head was going to get taken to the machine shop to get cleaned and resurfaced, I wasn't concerned about cosmetics. So I asked shadowx3 if the head was good, he said it was good. I exchanged money for the head and we went on our ways. (I might add that none of the cosmetic "flaws" were visual in the f/s thread)

Now back in North Carolina,
With all new goodies, you exam them, then you exam them again and again. So I remove the cam caps and cams, then I examined the head closer. I look at the exhaust valve springs. What did I see? Dual valve springs. The only head that comes with stock dual exhaust valve springs are Type R head. So I thought to myself I may had gotten lucky :D, and got aftermarket valve train (I should of realized this is IA no one get lucky) until I saw the intake valve springs. The intake side had only single valve springs. :( So that means the head was taken apart and put back together wrong. That had me kind of concerned. So I examined the head closer. The head actually had dirt in it. Also, the head appeared to have a few valves that were slightly different from the others (these valves had a letter on them while the rest didn't). So that had me concerned slightly more. That's when I sent the seller a pm

Hey Dude,

I'm the guy that got the gsr head from you. I just was wondering more about the history of the head. Why? Because after further examining the head I noticed that the head has mix-match valves (seems like it may had dropped a valve), and the valve springs are in the wrong place (intake dual valve springs are on the exhaust side, while the exhaust single valve springs are on the intake side). That showed that it was taken apart, and the person that assembled it didn't know what they were doing, or was too busy to noticed. Luckily, I caught it before I decided just to resurfaced it and throw it on the block, because I would of hate to drop a valve due to that.

Anyways, you guaranteed that the head was in good, working condition when I picked it up and I hope you're a stand up guy and a man of your word. I'm on the way to the machine shop as soon as I'm done pm'ing you, and will pm you the results once I get the head is back.

I took the head to my local machine shop. The machinist clowned stating that I found the worst head I could find. Then they recommend not using the head until the head is pressure tested and it received a valve job. So I gave them the okay. They told me that the head will be done in a day. So I left the head and went home. I checked my pm and had this.

am a man of my word bro the head is in good condition it came off my running gsr me and my cusin took it off nothin is wrong with the head we might of taken aprat dont remember but nothing is messed up on it i know that for a fact because the car ran with that head on lmk what happens

I responded

That's good to hear dude.

I'm in the process of getting the head pressure tested to verify the head doesn't have any cranks. If that comes back good, then the head is getting a valve job to proper seat the valves then resurfaced. I'll let you know how the pressure test goes. Also, the fact that you actually responded rather blow me off made me feel at ease. I'll let you know the results of the pressure test tomorrow evening since that's when the head should be done.

About a week past, and still no word about the head (I just got a performance valve job done there in Jan and the turn around time was 1 day, so I was kind of concerned). So I went to check on the head. Well the delay was valves. They found four bent valves on the head (2 ex, 2 in). The machinist took one of the bent valves and put it on a mill (I believe that name of the device) and had it spin the valve around at it's stem. and with my own eyes I saw that that valve did not spin perfectly (the head had a slight wobble) proving that it was not straight. So I sent the seller another pm

I went to the machine shop to see what was taking so long with the head. Well, they found 4 bent valves on the head (2 intake, 2 exhaust). So they were waiting on new valves. Once I get head back (on tomorrow), I will scan a copy of the receipt and pm you an imagine of it. Hopefully we can come up with some resolution.

response

no way bro that head was in perfect condition when taken off the block nothing was wrong with it it ran and everthing something must of happen but when i had it that head was in perect condition

no way bro that head was in perfect condition when taken off the block nothing was wrong with it it ran and everthing something must of happen but when i had it that head was in perect condition

Just going by what the machine shop is telling me homie. You're more than welcome to contact them yourself. The machine shop is HRT Performance. Their # is (919) 956-7223, and their website is http://www.handcraftedracing.com/index.html. If you decide to call, talk to Joey Brooks since he is the man that's doing my headwork.

Few questions, did you actually own/drive the motor that the head was on? Did you run it as-is? Did you take the head apart after you removed the head? Like I said before, when I looked at the head, it had inner valve springs on the exhaust side and not the intake side. That told me that someone put the head together wrong. Also, the head appeared to have mix-matched valves. A few of the valves had a letter on them while the rest didn't. That also pointed to the head having a problem once before. In addition, the head was dirty as hell. The inside of the head had had dirt and grim in it. Then the head had paint flaking off and overspray on it. I over looked the paint and grim when I got it since I was going to get the head cleaned anyway, but I wasn't too happy about the dirt. That told me the head wasn't well taken care of once it was off the block.

I was going to freshen the head up before using (hot tanked, valvejob, & resurfaced), but I did not want to purchase new valves. So I'm not really happy about that. I would like to come to some type of agreement (after I show you the ticket and you see that I am not making this up). I not expecting you to pay for any of the work I was planning of doing anyways, but I would like help with the valves. Since 4 are messed up, I think if you can take care of the price of 2 that would be fair enough and I was be fine with that. If you have a counter offer LMK and we will go from there.

his reply

all i can say is that the head came off a running car i tested it my self before i took it apart it was running and it ran strong and probley the dirt was because it was sitting in the garge for few months now so i cant do nothing about it the only reason i sold it was becuz i needed the money if not i wouldnt of sold it THAT HEAD WAS IN PERFECT CONDITION ONCES I TOOK IT OFF

Judging by his last post, this seems like it's not going to get resolved since he stands by his word that the head was in "PERFECT CONDITION". But I noticed that the valve springs were in the wrong position, I seen with my own eyes a valve that wasn't perfectly straight at the head, and judging by the pictures most people wouldn't call that head perfect. He also stated he "cant do nothing about it", I guess I wont get my little $20-$40 (depending on the cost of the valves) I'm asking for 2 valves rather than the money needed for 4 valves.

So buyer's beware when you purchase from this dude, and when you purchase any used head. I would of been pissed if I was looking for a head to resurface and throw on. Luckily, I don't trust many people on here, and always get used parts checked out when I'm not full knowledge on it.

(And before some tries to bash me about purchasing a head that looked like that. First, I wanted a GSR head, and I could not find one in my area. Second, you can't judge a book by it's cover. Because the head was spray painted doesn't mean it had been valves. Paint can easily be cleaned up. Next, since the valve "appeared" to seat correctly, there no way I could of found out the valves were messed up without taking them out the head. Last, with the cams/cam caps I wasn't able to tell if the valve springs were in the right place. )

gerardojdm
04-29-2010, 07:44 PM
I had bent valves on my previous gs-r motor and never knew till i sold it... I thought my car was fine without a single problem, no smoke, no oil consumption or anything at all... I drive it one day and park it for the night. Next day i crank it and it shuts off.. Timing jumped and well I quickly fix it and cranks right up. Few weeks later i sell it and months later i get a call from the buyer saying 2 cylinders (1 and 3)are at 90 psi. He takes it apart and takes it to a machine shop and there they find out bent valves in both cylinders.

Nothing saying that happen to him but you never know till you take it to a machine shop.. Hopefully everything works out bro.. G/L

shadowx3
04-29-2010, 08:05 PM
ama stand here with my word strong bro that head came off a running gsr i saw it ran perfect nothing wrong with it so i dnt know how you gonna sit here and talk all this am bein honest with you i never had any problems selling any parts that head was in perfect condition when taken off the car there is no way that head gave problems

shadowx3
04-29-2010, 08:58 PM
just so you know that head wasnt stock it had alittle work on the head it might of had some oem parts but it had aftermarket parts also just confirmed that with my bro even the block had work on it when we took it apart so there is no way i sold you something fcked up look at my previses post i sold a complete gsr swap in parts sold the block the gsr tranny and the head to you and nobody said anything about and they didnt come and gave bad repution or started talking shit about me i sold them and you good parts yea i know the head was dirt and spray can the reason why because it was sitting for a while not long and got dirty you might of mess with it or somethign or bent the valves yourself am not saying you did it nor me all i know was that the head was good when sold to you i sell parts and nobody says nothing about em am a honest man and if there was something wrong with that head i would of told you but i give you my word that the head was good even had a little workk done to it before i got

Patterson
04-30-2010, 07:58 AM
its $40 to make the buyer happy. why not? pretty cheap to clear your name if you ask me.

oneSLOWex
04-30-2010, 08:12 AM
just so you know that head wasnt stock it had alittle work on the head it might of had some oem parts but it had aftermarket parts also just confirmed that with my bro even the block had work on it when we took it apart so there is no way i sold you something fcked up look at my previses post i sold a complete gsr swap in parts sold the block the gsr tranny and the head to you and nobody said anything about and they didnt come and gave bad repution or started talking shit about me i sold them and you good parts yea i know the head was dirt and spray can the reason why because it was sitting for a while not long and got dirty you might of mess with it or somethign or bent the valves yourself am not saying you did it nor me all i know was that the head was good when sold to you i sell parts and nobody says nothing about em am a honest man and if there was something wrong with that head i would of told you but i give you my word that the head was good even had a little workk done to it before i got

First, thats a long fucking sentence.

Second: Why were the valves on the wrong side? Seems like something messed up and it was taken apart to check it out then slapped back together for a quick sale. I could be wrong though.

Black4DrEK
04-30-2010, 11:41 AM
damn...

Shoulda baught my B16 head man!

Gl

shadowx3
04-30-2010, 01:54 PM
it wasnt a quick sell that gsr head ran fine so how you gonna come and tell me all this shit bro i know for a fact that the head was fine

oneSLOWex
04-30-2010, 01:57 PM
it wasnt a quick sale that gsr head ran fine so how you gonna come and tell me all this shit bro i know for a fact that the head was fine

Whats with the valve springs? If it was in good condition why was it taken apart and put back together wrong?

shadowx3
04-30-2010, 02:06 PM
that i know off we didnt put nothing back on wrong and if the vavles are miss matched then you tell me why is ran on my bros gsr perfect it didnt give me no problems at all the only reason i got it was because i was goin to to b20 vetc then i got a good deal on another head which i used and this head sat for a while in my garge and if the vavles are miss matched then thats how it came when we got the block and head

*EFilliated*
04-30-2010, 02:07 PM
o man

pinedo88
04-30-2010, 04:40 PM
:headslap: b series.

Vteckidd
04-30-2010, 05:14 PM
well the valvesprings being on different sides doesnt matter iirc. That wouldnt cause any damage. The valves being mismatched , as long as INTAKE valves are intake and EXHAUST valves are exhaust, then it doesnt matter either. Its not CORRECT but it wouldnt cause a head to "blow up"

OBVIOUSLY that head has been taken apart before. I mean its fucking painted lol. Its perfectly possible the Shadow guy bought it from someone else who took everything apart and halfassed it together. It could have run perfectly fine on his car and thats why he sold it to you.

Just playing devils advocate.

IMO if you bought a head in that condition in the first place you should expect to put money in it like Guides, Seats, etc. You should have not bought it, or had a machine shop check it out first if you were really worried.

As far as having SLIGHTLY bent valves, a head can run on slightly bent valves.

Its a used part and you get what you pay for. Unless you can prove the head ACTUALLY had issues and he lied about it, i dont think he did anything wrong.

His word vs yours.

good luck.

Gutling
04-30-2010, 05:26 PM
You bought a used head from someone. This is a part of the game with used part, there is a reason they are cheap vs new stuff. Sucks, but if only had to replace a few valves you did not do that bad. You are on here, you see all the other threads of people crying about buying something used and its f-ed up, so you knew the risk. Suck it up, leave this thread as a warning/heads up and be more careful in the future. Don't expect him to owe you anything.

shadowx3
04-30-2010, 06:52 PM
thanks vteckidd for backing me up and Gutling their right how was i suppose to know the head had that problem i wouldnt because of the fact that it ran once taken off well g/l bro and sorry for what happen

Me86Rob
04-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Lesson of IA....Don't buy expensive shit from somebody that spells shit incorrcetly.

punkr6
04-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Lesson of IA....Don't buy expensive shit from somebody that spells shit incorrcetly.

lol

Jdm94Coupe
04-30-2010, 09:23 PM

That also doesn't use periods. Period. People on here are so B series crazy they will even buy garbage ass parts just to say they swapped to a B series motor. Head was complete garbage from your pics. I hope and pray (and I assure you i don't pray) that you didnt pay over $200 for that head.

Catnip
05-01-2010, 04:39 AM
that i know off we didnt put nothing back on wrong and if the vavles are miss matched then you tell me why is ran on my bros gsr perfect it didnt give me no problems at all the only reason i got it was because i was goin to to b20 vetc then i got a good deal on another head which i used and this head sat for a while in my garge and if the vavles are miss matched then thats how it came when we got the block and head

You sold a VTEC head you already owned, to buy a different VTEC head to go B20/V?

lol... I bet you did.

shadowx3
05-01-2010, 07:48 AM
as you can see this head was just a head with internals i bought another head for a good deal that had everything on it already i got the intake mainfold dizzy and arp head bolts new water pump that was included and new head gasket also came with the ls/vetc kit SO IF YOU GOT ANYTHING SMART TO SAY IF I WAS YOU I WOULD JUST STAY QUITE your just making yourself look stupid

oneSLOWex
05-01-2010, 08:14 AM
as you can see this head was just a head with internals i bought another head for a good deal that had everything on it already i got the intake mainfold dizzy and arp head bolts new water pump that was included and new head gasket also came with the ls/vetc kit SO IF YOU GOT ANYTHING SMART TO SAY IF I WAS YOU I WOULD JUST STAY QUITE your just making yourself look stupid

LOL the head was RUNNING fine when pulled right? So it was a complete head....why would you buy another one if this one was ok? hmmmmm

SO IF YOU GOT ANYTHING SMART TO SAY IF I WAS YOU I WOULD JUST STAY QUITE your just making yourself look stupid

You may want to go over the jibberish you type before telling other people they look "stupid".

bigdare23
05-01-2010, 09:21 AM
I had bent valves on my previous gs-r motor and never knew till i sold it... I thought my car was fine without a single problem, no smoke, no oil consumption or anything at all... I drive it one day and park it for the night. Next day i crank it and it shuts off.. Timing jumped and well I quickly fix it and cranks right up. Few weeks later i sell it and months later i get a call from the buyer saying 2 cylinders (1 and 3)are at 90 psi. He takes it apart and takes it to a machine shop and there they find out bent valves in both cylinders.

Nothing saying that happen to him but you never know till you take it to a machine shop.. Hopefully everything works out bro.. G/L

Thanks for you reply. This like a feasible possibility. :goodjob:

bigdare23
05-01-2010, 09:23 AM
ama stand here with my word strong bro that head came off a running gsr i saw it ran perfect nothing wrong with it so i dnt know how you gonna sit here and talk all this am bein honest with you i never had any problems selling any parts that head was in perfect condition when taken off the car there is no way that head gave problems

You "saw" it run. But like stated in this thread, a car can run with bent valves. Did you do a compression test? I doubt it. That's the only way I know to verify if a head had vent valves.

bigdare23
05-01-2010, 09:25 AM
its $40 to make the buyer happy. why not? pretty cheap to clear your name if you ask me.

I agree 100%. It's not like I'm asking for him to pay for all 4 valves plus labor. I'm asking for money back for just 2 valves.

bigdare23
05-01-2010, 09:26 AM
First, thats a long fucking sentence.

Second: Why were the valves on the wrong side? Seems like something messed up and it was taken apart to check it out then slapped back together for a quick sale. I could be wrong though.

It was the valves. It was the valve springs. The inner valve springs were on the exhaust side, when they are suppose to be on the intake side.

bigdare23
05-01-2010, 09:27 AM
damn...

Shoulda baught my B16 head man!

Gl

I actually pm'ed you, but you didn't reply.

oneSLOWex
05-01-2010, 09:32 AM
It was the valves. It was the valve springs. The inner valve springs were on the exhaust side, when they are suppose to be on the intake side.

LOL thats what i meant.

bigdare23
05-01-2010, 09:50 AM
well the valvesprings being on different sides doesnt matter iirc. That wouldnt cause any damage. The valves being mismatched , as long as INTAKE valves are intake and EXHAUST valves are exhaust, then it doesnt matter either. Its not CORRECT but it wouldnt cause a head to "blow up"

OBVIOUSLY that head has been taken apart before. I mean its fucking painted lol. Its perfectly possible the Shadow guy bought it from someone else who took everything apart and halfassed it together. It could have run perfectly fine on his car and thats why he sold it to you.

Just playing devils advocate.

IMO if you bought a head in that condition in the first place you should expect to put money in it like Guides, Seats, etc. You should have not bought it, or had a machine shop check it out first if you were really worried.

As far as having SLIGHTLY bent valves, a head can run on slightly bent valves.

Its a used part and you get what you pay for. Unless you can prove the head ACTUALLY had issues and he lied about it, i dont think he did anything wrong.

His word vs yours.

good luck.

Mike, I know valve springs are interchangable (gsr intake valve springs are type r exhaust valve springs), but you wouldn't want to run a head that has the inner valve springs only on the exhaust. Could it run without problems? Possibly but that's beyond the point. If inner valve springs are supposed to be on the intake side, then they should be on the intake side. By see that the head was put together wrong, it made me question the head.

As for that "condition", it's just paint. Paint does not mean crack head or bent valves. It means that person was horrible at painting. It's no different than buying a primer car. Because the car is primed, it doesn't mean I should have to replace the engine or the transmission is bad, right? So when he states the head is fine, then the head should be find. Would the situation be better if the head was super clean and had bent valves? Can a motor "run' with bent valves? Yes. Will a compression test be consistant? NO! I don't see how it's his word against mines, when I took it to a machine shop and they are the ones that told me that head had bent valves. It's seems like his word again the machine shop. I think my receipt will PROVE my point.

Last, it's very unreasonable to have a machine shop to check out the head 1st. I highly doubt every time you go to buy a used motor part, you got "Dude, meet at *&*%$ machine shop so I can get your part checked out" No, you do a "visual check" to find "visual flaws" then you go about your business, which I did. If the valves appeared to seat correctly, there's no way I could possible know it had 4 bent valves.

I shake my head at some you guys rational

bigdare23
05-01-2010, 10:09 AM
You bought a used head from someone. This is a part of the game with used part, there is a reason they are cheap vs new stuff. Sucks, but if only had to replace a few valves you did not do that bad. You are on here, you see all the other threads of people crying about buying something used and its f-ed up, so you knew the risk. Suck it up, leave this thread as a warning/heads up and be more careful in the future. Don't expect him to owe you anything.

All I can do is laugh at some of you.

"Used" shouldn't mean crap, broken, or fucked up. It should mean not new, but still functional. People should stand by their items they sell, but they are too concerned about making a quick $ or screwing over people. EVERY person I have done business with will state that I will stand by my stuff 100%. If I don't know the history of a item I sell it's stated in the f/s thread and I'll sell it for much cheaper than it's worth. Then when I meet up with people, I tell them "if you have any problem with the item let me know and I'll work with you". Why? Because I just couldn't screw someone over. With that being said, when the seller state that he will guarantee the head, I thought he was just as stand up as myself. But when a problem arose, he didn't want to keep his word. That's bad business to me and chicken. A guarantee is a guarantee. It's not a guarantee until you find something wrong with the item I sold that I didn't know about. I would even let him view the receipt, and gave him the contact information to the machine shop so he can verify the problem himself. What more could I have done, besides not buying the head lol :shakes head: I think paying for just 2 valves is more than fair, when the head actually need 4 valves plus, the labor to install them.

bigdare23
05-01-2010, 10:11 AM

LMAO

Just too wrong.

bigdare23
05-01-2010, 10:24 AM
This thread wasn't created to bitch about $40 (which I know I will never see). It's to inform people who does business with this dude in the future not to trust his word. If you do business with him, only buy things that you can check complete on the spot, and things that him and his cousin can't dis- and reassemble (like an intakes, bumper lens, etc.)

Also, get this out of the thread

If you buy a used head expect to replace Guides, Seats, etc. Also have a machine shop check out the head before you buy it. This is according to Vteckidd.

According to Gutling, if you buy a head and it only has a few bent valves consider yourself lucky since it used. Also if someone sells you something that has problems don't expect them to owe you anything in return.

:goodjob:

RBS
05-01-2010, 11:08 AM
there's no way I could possible know it had 4 bent valves.

turn the head upside down, and pour gas in each combustion chamber. any chamber that leaks gas is a bent valve or bad seating in my booklet

just sayin, dont mind me

Vteckidd
05-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Mike, I know valve springs are interchangable (gsr intake valve springs are type r exhaust valve springs), but you wouldn't want to run a head that has the inner valve springs only on the exhaust. Could it run without problems? Possibly but that's beyond the point. If inner valve springs are supposed to be on the intake side, then they should be on the intake side. By see that the head was put together wrong, it made me question the head.

Again its not correct but i dont think it would cause a problem. BUt you should have looked at it more closely

As for that "condition", it's just paint. Paint does not mean crack head or bent valves. It means that person was horrible at painting. It's no different than buying a primer car. Because the car is primed, it doesn't mean I should have to replace the engine or the transmission is bad, right? So when he states the head is fine, then the head should be find. Would the situation be better if the head was super clean and had bent valves? Can a motor "run' with bent valves? Yes. Will a compression test be consistant? NO! I don't see how it's his word against mines, when I took it to a machine shop and they are the ones that told me that head had bent valves. It's seems like his word again the machine shop. I think my receipt will PROVE my point.

A head that has been painted and in that kind of condition would lead me to believe it was a POS head. Sorry. You buy a used head you will encounter shit like this. Its called BUYER BEWARE not SELLER BEWARE

Last, it's very unreasonable to have a machine shop to check out the head 1st. I highly doubt every time you go to buy a used motor part, you got "Dude, meet at *&*%$ machine shop so I can get your part checked out" No, you do a "visual check" to find "visual flaws" then you go about your business, which I did. If the valves appeared to seat correctly, there's no way I could possible know it had 4 bent valves.

Yeah actually if i was that concerned about wanting to buy a PERFECT head i would bring and expert with me or have the kid meet me at a machine shop or i WOULDNT BUY IT AT ALL.

I bought a members Tranny on here at the Varsity. Im NOT a transmission person but Emminodagreat is. So i paid james $50 to go to the varsity to pop the case and inspect the transmission for me to make sure it had the right FD and it wasnt blown up. Thats what i do to ensure i get a good used part.

I shake my head at some you guys rational

What i dont get is how someone can buy a used head that looks like its been through WW3, then be upset it needs new valves.

We will never know if the guy you bought it from is lieing or not. My point is if half of you took the time to REALLY inspect what you are buying , half these threads wouldnt get made

Vteckidd
05-01-2010, 11:16 AM
If you buy a used head expect to replace Guides, Seats, etc. Also have a machine shop check out the head before you buy it. This is according to Vteckidd.

Yeah if you buy a USED part and you are not thorough in examining it be prepared to spend money on it. WHat year is this cyinder head? You really think a used GSR head (FYI THE NEWEST IT COULD BE IS 2001 which makes it AT LEAST 9 years old) isnt going to need work when you buy it? These parts guys are 9 years old or more, they all have over 100k on it.

You wanted a PERFECT head, but you admitted you didnt really inspect it until AFTER you bought it. Sounds like you messed up, next time bring and expert or take it to a machine shop

According to Gutling, if you buy a head and it only has a few bent valves consider yourself lucky since it used. Also if someone sells you something that has problems don't expect them to owe you anything in return.

:goodjob:

You need to really calm down. All we are saying is if you want something done right, then you better make sure you take the necessary steps and precautions. you didnt. Never trust ANYONE at all.

So it has 4 slightly bent valves.

Its perfectly plausible that head ran on his car fine and he sold it to you. Maybe hes lieing, maybe hes not. The point is if hes shady or not, no one forced you to buy his head. you bought it, took it home, and are now complaining about it. It DOESNT WORK THAT WAY. How do we know your machine shop isnt bullshitting you to get extra money for labor from you?

Know what you are buying, thats all we are saying.

Black4DrEK
05-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I actually pm'ed you, but you didn't reply.

You told me you found one, that was "better" and complete for a better deal...

shadowx3
05-01-2010, 02:27 PM
exactly how was i suppose to know the head had problems and later found out it did am not lieing am being honest that head was perfect when taken off and sold

shadowx3
05-01-2010, 02:36 PM
LEts Make a point here prove me wrong PURPLE POWER you were their when the head was take off remember this is felipe's old head off the white eg you took it off now you tell this guy did it ran on the gsr? it ran fine once you took it off remember? you know more alot this then i do you exlain to him that nothing is wrong with the head

RBS
05-01-2010, 03:19 PM
okay this is felipes old head, gotcha... didnt notice due to all the blue sh*t on it LoL

lets state the facts. i was the one that worked on the previous engine AFTER the engine was purchased, and let me say that this head DID IN FACT WORK PROPERLY. it didnt leak, vtec worked, and oil pressure was on spot... BUT! it was removed due to excessively loud ticking throughout the RPMs. So, i removed it and replaced the engine with another GSR head. i knew it was something in the head but due to short time i didnt bother looking around at the head.. just take off put on run.

further investigating, previous owner told me that NAD has said that the engine was rebuilt.. top to bottom. So its obvious Shadow is NOT at fault in book, why? cause he didnt know sh*t about the head... just knew it worked. The fact that he knew it worked is all that really mattered in you twos deal... OP shouldove examined the head more thoroughly before purchasing. Shadow couldnt have told OP that it ticked, cause his cousin never told him.. and again you really cant blame him for it.

that about sums it up, OP can pm me if any questions about the history of the engine because i can ask the previous owner. GL on both sides

shadowx3
05-01-2010, 08:30 PM
THANKS PURPLE POWER so if you wanna know anything eles with this head bigdare23 pm purple power he knows more than me about this head thats all i have to say

Echonova
05-01-2010, 09:33 PM
I think this thread has run it's course. Everyone can make their own decisions from the posts that have been made.