PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Integra GS-R leaking Coolant but not overheating.

teglover101
04-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Last night i noticed that my integra was smoking and it was coming from the openings around my headlights. I instantly thought radiator. So i opened my Hood and saw smoke(steam) coming from around the radiator. My coolant reservoir is filled to the Minimum line and i can see coolant below the radiator. The only think that i dont get is why is my engine not overheating? The thermostat does work. Recent maintenance done to the car was new belts (Alternator,Ac And timing) and Water Pump. The Car has 144,000 miles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

james497
04-30-2010, 08:48 AM
pressure test the coolant system

EmminoDaGreat
04-30-2010, 08:52 AM
I didnt overheat because its probably not a bad leak, and out of coolant...

preferredduck
05-03-2010, 02:30 PM
find the leak soon though. after heating it up you can try to see where it is coming from or do it while it's running. the radiator cap wouldn't do this would it. could be a clamp to the upper or lower rad hose, that's where i found mine 2 weeks ago after i shut the car off and heard a pssshhh. if you let it keep going you will overheat at redlights etc.

Thegrizz
05-21-2010, 12:03 PM
is smoke coming from your coolant res.? if it is mine was doing the same thing and odly enough it was a bad head gasket...might check the thermostat as well.if im wrong i appologize . i do think that could have something to do with it bcs one of my integras did that too me.hope that helps

Barefoot
05-22-2010, 07:40 PM
just an FYI he got this fixed already