PDA

View Full Version : car wont start

shadowx3
04-27-2010, 10:22 PM
i have a civic and i was drivin and all of the sudden it turn off it had poped the fuel pump fuse so i replace it and it poped it again so i put a new one and now it doesnt pop but i dont hear the fuel pump turn on and on the main relpy i hear a shortage inside of it i changed it and it does the same thing can anybody help meand also my h.i.ds keep blinking so idk?

-EnVus-
04-27-2010, 10:33 PM
check the car for any CEL also a short some where or bad ground.
Also check the ecu it maybe be causing it to short out.
Don't put a fuse back in if it keeps blowing you don't want a fire.

big mac
04-27-2010, 10:34 PM
hmmm it sounds like something is shorting out somewhere. the same thing happended to by buddys srt4 with a wire that shorted out near the head. it kept on blowing fuel pump fuses. chech the wires around the fuel pump area. bc it doesnt sound like it could be alternator or battery

big mac
04-27-2010, 10:34 PM
dam it jay you fucking beat me to it!!!!!!

-EnVus-
04-27-2010, 10:35 PM
dam it jay you fucking beat me to it!!!!!!

lol

shadowx3
04-27-2010, 10:36 PM
i checked all my grounds but nothing happens why is it that i hear a shortage in the main rely the fuse fuel pump wont pop any more but the fuel pump dnt turn on???????

-EnVus-
04-27-2010, 10:38 PM
i checked all my grounds but nothing happens why is it that i hear a shortage in the main rely the fuse fuel pump wont pop any more but the fuel pump dnt turn on???????

How are you hearing or what sound is the relay making to make you think its shorting out ?

big mac
04-27-2010, 10:39 PM
i think you since you kept on trying to put in fuses you might of burnt something else which in turn is now making the relay go out. make sure you check all around the engine bay at all the wires.

also try pm to barefoot is is a wireing guru and would prob be of more help.

shadowx3
04-27-2010, 10:43 PM
the wires that go to the main rely go hot and burnt the noise am hearin is i turn the key where my dash lights go on and i get close to the main rely and i hear a vibarting noise inside of it

-EnVus-
04-27-2010, 10:46 PM
the wires that go to the main rely go hot and burnt the noise am hearin is i turn the key where my dash lights go on and i get close to the main rely and i hear a vibarting noise inside of it

it should just click/buzz a sec but yeah swap out the relay first and go from there...
Best to find a friend or someone who wont mind if you test theirs.
you say hids blinking also its more like wires or harness.

shadowx3
04-27-2010, 10:47 PM
but i already try two of them and does the same thing tho dam idk

big mac
04-27-2010, 10:50 PM
thats the bad thing about putting fuses in over and over again if it is burning them, more than likly you burned something in the harness. but replace the relay and make sure you check ALL the fuses under dash and hood before you try to start it again

-EnVus-
04-27-2010, 10:51 PM
but i already try two of them and does the same thing tho dam idk
Find a ecu next and if it still does it with a different relay then its gotta be wires i wouldn't think a bad ground would make wires get hot but idk.

big mac
04-27-2010, 10:53 PM
they got hot in my buddys srt. but then again they may not in a civic. i dont think anything inside of the ecu might of burned but doesnt hurt anything to pop it open and see

shadowx3
04-27-2010, 10:55 PM
the fuse wnt pop any more n fuel pump dnt work but i'll try a different ecu but i dnt think thats the problem the wire got hot and kinda got burnt

-EnVus-
04-27-2010, 10:58 PM
the fuse wnt pop any more n fuel pump dnt work but i'll try a different ecu but i dnt think thats the problem the wire got hot and kinda got burnt

It may be to late to check now after you tried a few times but unplug the fuel pump and turn switch on see if the harness gets hot or blows a fuse.
This will rule out a bad or shorting fuel pump.

big mac
04-27-2010, 10:59 PM
well good luck man and i hope you get everthing resolve. let me know if you need anymore help

shadowx3
04-27-2010, 11:01 PM
well i let yall know tomorro what happens thanks for the help

Barefoot
04-28-2010, 08:46 AM
this a classic short. easy fix with the right tools and know how. hint hint hint.

Black4DrEK
04-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Put power to the Fuel pump.. See if it comes on.. If it doesnt you probly burnt it up...

If it does...You have burnt some wires somewhere.... you ALSO said you KNOW were the burnt wires are????

What chassis civic?