PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Paralysis

§treet_§peed
04-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Anyone one ever experienced it? I have and do. Was often for a long time, but not so much anymore. I don't see all the shadows, figures, or hear shit like a lot of people do. I just wake up and can't move. It's a weird feeling being able to look around slightly, but not move. It's like you can feel yourself trying to move, but your body is like fuck you lol. I read and article explaining in-depth about it. It said that it's just your brain sending the wrong signals and/or not sending them at all. Just thought I would ask to see if anyone has and/or does experience it.

5speed
04-27-2010, 06:49 PM
I used to often in high school. It usually happened when I wasn't completely unconscious. More like an in between state. I would be resting really well and dreaming, but aware of sounds and people around me. I would then hear myself making a snoring noise so I try to wake up but can't. I am completely conscious at that point but cannot open my eyes, talk, or make any sort of movement. It was pretty scary. I never approached anyone about it.

§treet_§peed
04-27-2010, 06:52 PM
I've been sorta like that to where I can look at most of my body. I've only been scared a few times from it. Now when it happens, I'm just like ahhh damn it, here we go again. Then I'm like ok hurry the fuck up and wake up body lol.

5speed
04-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I eventually got that way too. One time the bell rang for the end of class and I couldn't move. My teacher tried to wake me up and I couldn't respond. I was aware of everything she was doing and saying but could not respond for about 15 seconds. By that time I was already used to it happening.

98blackcivic
04-27-2010, 08:00 PM
yea has happened to me and its usually like the way u describe..but i dot believe in paranormal shit even though the weirdness ive experienced. one time i was skipping school back in 10th grade..i was laying on the couch and it was hot from the heat of the coming summer months..somehow i passed out..i was later awakened by a sound..and when i couldn't wake up i freaked out cuz i heard someone walking around me...it was weird as hell

loverboy_gnd
04-27-2010, 08:15 PM
yh where im from in Grenada, they believe its paranormal, they call it spirits " tying you down", its never happened to me, and i dont know much about it. but ive some pretty weird stories, of people thinkin theyre possessed, or someones attacking them in their sleep, but i dont know much about it soo....

Bacon
04-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Ever been evaluated for sleep apnea?

5speed
04-27-2010, 08:29 PM
I haven't. I have never addressed the problem to any doctor. I have only had it happen to me once since 12th grade.

§treet_§peed
04-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Nah, I would like to though. But, I can't afford it because I don't have insurance from either of the jobs I work at. I really don't think I could afford it after that anyways.

5speed
04-27-2010, 08:34 PM
The more I read about it, I highly doubt it is sleep apnea. People with sleep apnea are unaware of what is happening. It seems that we are fully aware of everything just cant do anything.

Bacon
04-27-2010, 08:36 PM
I was thinking on the side that these "issues" ya'll are having could possibly be related to lack of oxygen at certain points during the night. That is what comes to mind anyway.

5speed
04-27-2010, 08:41 PM
http://hubpages.com/hub/Sleep-Paralysis-Symptoms--Causes-and-Treatment

This pretty much explains it to best of the knowledge we have today.

C-loS109
04-27-2010, 08:44 PM
ive had this happened to me... but not so much like yours... i felt out of breath and it was dark so i dont know if i opened my eyes or not but it felt like they were closed cause of the effort i made. then i heard a really loud screech (scream) but in a high pitch and then i woke up. i was like 16-17 and im not scared to say that i cried... it was the first and last time it happened to me...the same experienced happened to my then 23yr old sister... she also cried and sleeps with the light on since then... she is now 25.

Bacon
04-27-2010, 08:45 PM
http://hubpages.com/hub/Sleep-Paralysis-Symptoms--Causes-and-Treatment

This pretty much explains it to best of the knowledge we have today.

Now that I have read the first few sentences, I have had that same thing happen to me when I was much younger. Someone startled me when I was sleeping and I couldn't scream or anything. Weird :dunno:

§treet_§peed
04-27-2010, 08:47 PM
It is fucked up how your body acts sometimes.

C-loS109
04-27-2010, 08:47 PM
i've heard this being called a "witch riding your back" or something like that

RandomGuy
04-27-2010, 09:00 PM
people in other countries misinterpret this as supernatural shit.... (ie pakistan... "a spirit is holding you down")

5speed
04-27-2010, 09:08 PM
I know I didn't hallucinate. I talked to a friend about it, and he said everything I said I heard was said. I was conscious mentally, but could open my eyes, talk, or make a single move. I remember trying to move my legs and they felt like they were cemented into the ground.

loverboy_gnd
04-27-2010, 09:38 PM
ive had this happened to me... but not so much like yours... i felt out of breath and it was dark so i dont know if i opened my eyes or not but it felt like they were closed cause of the effort i made. then i heard a really loud screech (scream) but in a high pitch and then i woke up. i was like 16-17 and im not scared to say that i cried... it was the first and last time it happened to me...the same experienced happened to my then 23yr old sister... she also cried and sleeps with the light on since then... she is now 25.

i've heard this being called a "witch riding your back" or something like that

yh what this guy is sayin...... ive heard similar stories, thats y they think its supernatural, if you believe in all that, shit if i couldnt move, then heard a high pitch scream and woke up in the dark... daamn man id FREAK OUT!!!!!

Shift_2WIN
04-27-2010, 10:49 PM
I've had this happen to me before. It freaked me out, and I forced myself to move lol. It was like being completely tied up and trying to break free using brute strength. After about 10-30 sec I was able to move, but I was like WTF????!!!!!!

98blackcivic
04-27-2010, 10:52 PM
it seems all of us who have stories to share have one thing is common
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/funny-pictures-a-ghost-cat-is-haunting-your-curtains.jpg

Cameron.
04-28-2010, 12:50 AM
yea ive only had it happen to me twice though, this was back when i had seizures as a child, i think the epilepsy had something to do with it... but when it happened to me i was fully conscious, and couldnt move but i could look around, and i finally told my body wake up, wake up and i tried to scream out, but couldnt then i finally got a little scream out and was fine. it was kinda cool.

slostang
04-28-2010, 12:56 AM
ive had it happen. its freaky. my eyes were open, but i couldnt move or breathe.

Sir_Christopher
04-28-2010, 01:02 AM
this is some scary stuff, im sorry yall have to go through it though, but honestly, i would like it to happen to me just once, to feel how yall do, because having your body not respond to your brain stem and functions are incapable. super crazy shit.

ndgflowshot
04-28-2010, 09:46 AM
This happened to myself a few months ago. I had gotten to work early, so took a nap on the couch. Fell into a light sleep and the next thing i know, i was in mid-sleep, almost like being caught between two deminsions. I though it was a terrifying dream at first and realized i was awake. It was super freaky, i saw this black shadow figure, and then i felt like i was being dragged off the couch and my eyes were only half open. I woke up freaked out super bad, tried to go back to sleep and it happened again. The experience was very surreal, I never want to go through that again. Needless to say i havent slept in the hospital (work at northside) since then. I never beleived in any kind of spirits or supernatural beings before, but this made me wonder...

TougeGTR-33
04-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Ive been through that a couple of times, Its really weird.

fivex684
04-28-2010, 08:13 PM
I have. I even got a breathing machine (rarely use it unless it happens for several nights in a row) because I stop breathing a lot... it sucks.

§treet_§peed
04-30-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm to poor to afford a breathing machine.. :( :'(

antj101
04-30-2010, 06:35 PM
I used to wake up after a freaky ass dream and not be able to move. It was the scariest shit ever.