PDA

View Full Version : Mahle Gold Pistons...

Motivation
04-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Does anyone here have any experience with them in a build they have done? If so, please enlighten me. I have heard good things about them but would like more insight. I know with the pistons you don't have to sleeve the block, which is definitely a plus. But, is this a stable as sleeving the block? Or, is it just a little better than stock sleeves with these pistons?

Robinson
04-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Im running them but i have the Mahle PowerPak Piston Kit with a custom compression ratio so my block had to be sleeved. But i know a few guys back in Jersey that run the Gold's and they like them and not problems

here's a pic of my block when i got it from the machine shop

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee114/crob621/Picture120733-1.jpg

Motivation
04-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Im running them but i have the Mahle PowerPak Piston Kit with a custom compression ratio so my block had to be sleeved. But i know a few guys back in Jersey that run the Gold's and they like them and not problems

Good deal, I have heard about your car so I trust your input. On the Gold's, the highest compression I can go is 11.5:1, correct?

Robinson
04-26-2010, 09:49 PM
yup thats the highest but you can also get custom ratio's that will cost alittle more

EmminoDaGreat
04-26-2010, 10:00 PM
I have ran a few sets in motors we have built.