PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying what Accord this Koyo radiator came out of/ does I4 & V6 work?

afwfjustin
04-26-2010, 11:50 AM
My friend's Denso radiator went bad in her 96 I4 Accord, so I bought an OEM replacement Koyo brand radiator from someone on Craigslist. However, I didn't check it thoroghly enough and weeks later when I went to install for my friend, I noticed the radiator drain plug "petcock" handle broke off. Fun.

I drilled it out and noticed that her Denso petcock won't fit this Koyo (the koyo hole is bigger). I don't know what type of petcock will fit in this thing and I'm also wondering if it might be a V6 radiator and if so, will v6 work with an I4 motor (I would think so)?

Steps I have tried:

1. Called Advance Auto - they don't keep them in stock and will have to order one size at a time, waiting for an entire work day for each new one to come.

2 Called Honda - they just told me they could order the Denso one (which I already said didn't fit). They said they'd have to know what type of Accord this radiator came out of before ordering the part. Basically the same as Advance told me.

3. I looked on the radiator to see if there was a serial number or something but there is not.

4. I found this http://www.go-part.com/9597-honda-accord-koyo-radiator-a1776-p-24606.html which is a replacement part for a v6. I'm still looking for more information about Koyo making replacement radiators but haven't found an I4 option yet.

5. Called koyo and got part# A1494 for I4 and A1776 for V6, but they didn't have information on petcock size.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

OldSchool87
04-27-2010, 03:42 PM
4cyl and V6 take the same petcock. OEM honda part# is 19011-PH1-621 for both