PDA

View Full Version : air fuel ratio gauge not bouncing why?

dc5k20
04-24-2010, 12:44 AM
i installl an air fuel ratio gauge on my rsx and it wont bounce around just stay at full rich even when the car is running for like 10min! cant be a bad 02 sensor cause just bough new for acura dealer! i hook up red to positive battery/black to ground/ white to parking light/and the green to white wire on 02 sensor surpose to be signal sensor wire! lmk if ya have any idea?

preferredduck
04-24-2010, 03:57 PM
i installl an air fuel ratio gauge on my rsx and it wont bounce around just stay at full rich even when the car is running for like 10min! cant be a bad 02 sensor cause just bough new for acura dealer! i hook up red to positive battery/black to ground/ white to parking light/and the green to white wire on 02 sensor surpose to be signal sensor wire! lmk if ya have any idea?

it's the connection somehow, i know on my si the white is the o2 wire and sometines the connector used to tap into it will get pulled out by a passenger and it goes to rich and does not move, but i fixed that problem recently. also make sure you did not cross up the light wire to the o2 wire, have a cobalt so mine is 3 wires, check all you connections and make sure they are good and no wires are crossed.

Cameron.
04-24-2010, 03:59 PM
what brand did you use?

DirtyMechanic
04-24-2010, 04:14 PM
should have just bought a wide band. your factory is only to show you from like 14.2 to 15.2. which is basically nothing. unless its a wide band, but that gauge is just about worthless for any information that will save your motor.

dc5k20
04-24-2010, 04:37 PM
cant really afford a wide band gauge.i got the cheap shit for autozone lol! to me i dont really care if it read right! as long as it freakin bouncing around than im cool with that! but this shit stay rich and dont bounce let me see what happen!

preferredduck
04-24-2010, 04:41 PM
should have just bought a wide band. your factory is only to show you from like 14.2 to 15.2. which is basically nothing. unless its a wide band, but that gauge is just about worthless for any information that will save your motor.

only thing the guage itself it gonna read ok it wide open throttle but nothing in between. i got mine just to fill a hole in the cluster that came on my car and someday would love a wideband setup but a chip and tune for me would come first.

DirtyMechanic
04-24-2010, 05:07 PM
might need to calibrate it too...

preferredduck
04-24-2010, 06:13 PM
might need to calibrate it too...

the a/f gauge, how do you do that, i try learning all i can for sure please explain.

DirtyMechanic
04-24-2010, 06:25 PM
the a/f gauge, how do you do that, i try learning all i can for sure please explain.

the one i had to do forever ago was a pos autozone one too. usually its just turn the car on cold. and let it sit while you press a button or something. its called reading the directions.

dc5k20
04-24-2010, 06:34 PM
i got that shit work!!!!

DirtyMechanic
04-24-2010, 06:46 PM
what? english

preferredduck
04-24-2010, 07:25 PM
the one i had to do forever ago was a pos autozone one too. usually its just turn the car on cold. and let it sit while you press a button or something. its called reading the directions.

i have an autometer so no button pushing, mine works at startup but i read the directions to wire it up for sure

so what was the problem anyways.

blackshine007
04-24-2010, 07:42 PM

You installed the wrong A/F gauge on car. RSX's from the factory comes with air fuel/lambda sensors (instead of regular O2 sensors) for the front which makes a maximum of 5v, so the a/f gauge you bought was for a car that will produce a maximum of 1.25v which as a result is pegging out your gauge. Buy the right gauge and curb your cheapness, sir.

Barefoot
04-24-2010, 08:13 PM
lol then its working fine.

dc5k20
04-24-2010, 09:12 PM
its work now! because i relocated to the secondary 02 sensor! i though primary 02 sensor was the one that you hook up to that why i hook up to my primary.that why it didnt bounce! so i try it on the secondary 02 and it bounce all over!!! i know my car's running good just need it for look!!! will any rsx ower out there secondary is the one!!

DirtyMechanic
04-24-2010, 11:08 PM
its work now! because i relocated to the secondary 02 sensor! i though primary 02 sensor was the one that you hook up to that why i hook up to my primary.that why it didnt bounce! so i try it on the secondary 02 and it bounce all over!!! i know my car's running good just need it for look!!! will any rsx ower out there secondary is the one!!

wow epic fail. the secondary is the one that monitors the cats or cat. not what the engine is exhausting.

DirtyMechanic
04-24-2010, 11:08 PM
You installed the wrong A/F gauge on car. RSX's from the factory comes with air fuel/lambda sensors (instead of regular O2 sensors) for the front which makes a maximum of 5v, so the a/f gauge you bought was for a car that will produce a maximum of 1.25v which as a result is pegging out your gauge. Buy the right gauge and curb your cheapness, sir.

this

dc5k20
04-25-2010, 12:04 AM
i have the kiddracing header! dont have a cat.

DirtyMechanic
04-25-2010, 12:09 AM
i have the kiddracing header! dont have a cat.

*sigh* ok great doesnt matter, the second 02 sensor is meant to monitor the cat if its working or not. and since you dont have any. then its not monitoring anything.

preferredduck
04-25-2010, 01:10 AM
wow epic fail. the secondary is the one that monitors the cats or cat. not what the engine is exhausting.

amen, i have one on the header and one on the cat that monitors the cat and function, mine is on the primary o2 atleast but thats crazy yo!!!

egpower904
04-25-2010, 01:31 AM
wow epic fail.

<epic win> DirtyMechanic </epic win>