PDA

View Full Version : Attn. Students Quick Question. Or anyone that went to college for that matter

Kevykev
04-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Wanting to know if my theory is still an active member of the student body.

In reference to group projects, do you come across that one member that just acts as dead weight to the group?

Theory: Regardless of if your group consists of 3 4 5 6 or more people. There will always be that one person, usually a male that contributes almost nothing to the group project?

This person usually has little to NO direct as well and usually needs to be instructed of what to do.

well?

5speed
04-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I have been stuck in many groups where I did all the work and talking during the presentation. They would read from my note cards and get a good grade for "their participation."

I always remembered everything I would say, just bc it is easy for me. I also am great at talking non stop on anything I know about.

Elbow
04-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Every group I've been in has been this way.

5speed
04-23-2010, 01:47 PM
This one person in a group kept referring to Acts not being laws. WTF? That made our presentation look like crap.

SE-R_Li-Go
04-23-2010, 02:14 PM
yep, theory still holds true for the most part.

Paul
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Wanting to know if my theory is still an active member of the student body.

In reference to group projects, do you come across that one member that just acts as dead weight to the group?

Theory: Regardless of if your group consists of 3 4 5 6 or more people. There will always be that one person, usually a male that contributes almost nothing to the group project?

This person usually has little to NO direct as well and usually needs to be instructed of what to do.

well?

this theory still works in the real world - there is always one guy that can screw up your projects at work ....

example: 2 months preparing new catalog; it has wrong phone number printed on it *slaps head*

Kevykev
04-23-2010, 04:03 PM
I have been stuck in many groups where I did all the work and talking during the presentation. They would read from my note cards and get a good grade for "their participation."

I always remembered everything I would say, just bc it is easy for me. I also am great at talking non stop on anything I know about.

I know the feeling. Senior project was the worst occurrence.

Every group I've been in has been this way.

Damn, Theory Reinforced

yep, theory still holds true for the most part.

I see, regardless of group size, it happens

this theory still works in the real world - there is always one guy that can screw up your projects at work ....

example: 2 months preparing new catalog; it has wrong phone number printed on it *slaps head*

That is the opposite of acceptable.

Crazy Asian
04-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I think Im the dead-weight.. Oh god I hope not.

98blackcivic
04-23-2010, 06:45 PM
and for this reason, i work by myself

AdriSciontC
04-23-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm stuck in a group like that right now, I sent them a nasty email and they're actually taking initiative right now...

allout13
04-23-2010, 11:20 PM
I've only been in one group so far and me and another girl did all of the work. the other two did NOTHING

still managed to ball out and make an A in the class!