PDA

View Full Version : Make the boards some $$$

Paul
04-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm testing out the new ad placement on the boards. Click on some google ads and make the boards some dough :goodjob:

Da_unknown
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
click*

Catnip
04-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Those are annoying.

Paul
04-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Those are annoying.

don't worry i will be making a user subscription to turn off ads ;)

CHRISNITTOLO
04-22-2010, 11:56 PM
don't worry i will be making a user subscription to turn off ads ;)

That sounds perfect. But do you think it'll run some sponsors off, knowing that not all users are viewing these adds?

Paul
04-23-2010, 07:55 AM
That sounds perfect. But do you think it'll run some sponsors off, knowing that not all users are viewing these adds?

This subscription will turn off all NON sponsor ads, so it will clean up the random: ATT, Dodge, Groupon style ad's you've been seeing.

I will also be adding subscriptions for banned users to get unbanned and noobs to upgrade to premium accounts.

CHRISNITTOLO
04-23-2010, 08:11 AM
This subscription will turn off all NON sponsor ads, so it will clean up the random: ATT, Dodge, Groupon style ad's you've been seeing.

I will also be adding subscriptions for banned users to get unbanned and noobs to upgrade to premium accounts.

So you can pay to be unbanned? What do the premium accounts consist of?

Paul
04-23-2010, 08:14 AM
So you can pay to be unbanned? What do the premium accounts consist of?

I am getting ready to make some changes to rights... if you aren't a noob you won't be affected but premium accounts will allow you access to parts of the site noobs/unregistered people can't post in... currently noobs can use For Sale section but I will make an account upgrade so they can pay to upgrade their accounts. there are other perks like larger PM box and profile changes

CHRISNITTOLO
04-23-2010, 08:25 AM
I am getting ready to make some changes to rights... if you aren't a noob you won't be affected but premium accounts will allow you access to parts of the site noobs/unregistered people can't post in... currently noobs can use For Sale section but I will make an account upgrade so they can pay to upgrade their accounts. there are other perks like larger PM box and profile changes

Oh, okay. I still consider myself a noob being that I don't qualify for a name change. Are those rules going to change any?

Nemesis
04-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Oh, okay. I still consider myself a noob being that I don't qualify for a name change. Are those rules going to change any?

HOW ABOUT YOU EAD AND DIE

CHRISNITTOLO
04-23-2010, 08:44 AM
HOW ABOUT YOU EAD AND DIE

Still? You're still doing this? It's kinda getting old now.

Nemesis
04-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Still? You're still doing this? It's kinda getting old now.

I really dont give a fuck what you think.

CHRISNITTOLO
04-23-2010, 09:03 AM
You're going on the ignore list. You've become really annoying.

Nemesis
04-23-2010, 10:06 AM
You're going on the ignore list. You've become really annoying.

Boo fucking hoo Nancy

loverboy_gnd
04-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Boo fucking hoo Nancy

:lmao:

oneSLOWex
04-23-2010, 10:19 AM
The ads are not too bad....the site has to get money somehow cause im sure the hosting for this is not cheap. Just dont let it end up like honda-tech and some other forums where ads are at the top corner of posts and in between posts....thats annoying as shit.

CHRISNITTOLO
04-23-2010, 10:48 AM
The ads are not too bad....the site has to get money somehow cause im sure the hosting for this is not cheap. Just dont let it end up like honda-tech and some other forums where ads are at the top corner of posts and in between posts....thats annoying as shit.

Lol. Yes. sir, it is.

Paul
04-23-2010, 01:01 PM

currently if you aren't logged in you will see an ad on the last post of every thread. ;)

i'm working on trying to make everyone signup to the boards as well as get premium accounts so they don't have to see as many ad's