PDA

View Full Version : The X-mas barrage started too early!

C22H19N3O4
11-04-2005, 09:49 PM
I was pondering the holiday shopping season after reading this article. (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/business/3438089) I started to get X-mas catalogs the first week of October. Normally, this wouldn't happen until a week before Turkey Day. Publix already has their decorations up. Hell. Garden Ridge had their X-mas items on the floor in late September..lol. So where did Thanksgiving go?? Don't get me wrong, I love X-mas but starting the ads this early puts a damper on the holiday spirit for many people. Anyone else have feedback? Moans, groans, bitches and complaints? The good news is that I can bust out the Adam Sandler "Hanukkah song" early :bigok:

quickdodgeŽ
11-04-2005, 09:54 PM
It seems that earlier and earlier every year, Xmas shit starts coming out. I hate it. I also agree on how it puts a damper on the season when it actually gets here. When you've had 4 months of Juingle Bells and 12 Days of Christmas shoved down your throat everywhere you go, by the time Xmas gets here, you're ready to get on with it and move past New Year'a. Later, QD.

C22H19N3O4
11-04-2005, 10:03 PM
I agree, but it also disappoints me when I see people shoving and pushing for a deal. I went to Walgreens today and women were pushing me out of the way for a deal on some ornaments. I remember a few years back there was a pact that retaliers would wait a certain length of time before they started X-mas displays. I'm sure retailers know that it's going to be a slow season so they are getting a jumpstart, which may helps us save money on gifts.

Leisa
11-05-2005, 12:19 PM
I love love love Christmas, it is my most favorite holiday, it takes me weeks to decorate, and only I can do it... I will not let anybody else help me decorate ( im just anal like that,i guess) ... I start decorating a week before thanksgiving ...

quickdodgeŽ
11-05-2005, 01:05 PM
We start the weekend after. I don't see the need to start setting up in fuccing September or even October or the first of November. Later, QD.