PDA

View Full Version : damnit...all itchy!

ProjectWidow
11-04-2005, 07:31 PM
damn started working with fiberglass a bit today and started sanding and now my arms and hands are all itchy. any of you guys that work with fiberglass know any remedies to stop this itchy, stingy pain? I tried hot water and soap, baby powder, lotion and nothing seems to help.

YokotaS13
11-04-2005, 08:19 PM
i never have that problem, i do it outside

ProjectWidow
11-04-2005, 08:22 PM
i never have that problem, i do it outside
I did it outside as well. I guess you get used to it after awhile, cause when I worked with it back in the day I dont remeber but a few days where it was like this.

dazn
11-04-2005, 08:35 PM
just deal with it, its what i do. really nothing you can do

if you think fiberglass suck, try carbon fiber, i came home itching today, took a shower and it was fine. Just dont scratch it and it wont get any worse.

Try to cover yourself up, wears sleeves, and whatever you do, dont work in anything you like. I made the mistake of wearing my jacket one time and its pretty much ruined, carbon shards and strands in it and i get itchy everytime i put it on.

ProjectWidow
11-04-2005, 08:39 PM
just deal with it, its what i do. really nothing you can do

if you think fiberglass suck, try carbon fiber, i came home itching today, took a shower and it was fine. Just dont scratch it and it wont get any worse.

Try to cover yourself up, wears sleeves, and whatever you do, dont work in anything you like. I made the mistake of wearing my jacket one time and its pretty much ruined, carbon shards and strands in it and i get itchy everytime i put it on.
yeh im dealing with it, just was wondering if there is anything you can do to stop it from itching.

yeh I acutally threw away a sweater once cause it had fiberglass strands in it.

5thgcelica
11-04-2005, 10:02 PM
you're screwed dude. you'll have to deal with it. just dont scratch like said.

i did find that i HAVE to wear gloves and long sleeves. that solves the problem. but like i said, what you're in now, you just have to deal. oh..and it'll be there a day or two :)

ProjectWidow
11-04-2005, 10:05 PM
you're screwed dude. you'll have to deal with it. just dont scratch like said.

i did find that i HAVE to wear gloves and long sleeves. that solves the problem. but like i said, what you're in now, you just have to deal. oh..and it'll be there a day or two :)
yeh figures... doesnt feel too bad but when i rest my elbows down i can feel all the little fiberglass dust particles

5thgcelica
11-04-2005, 10:56 PM
yep... tell me about it..youve seen what ive done to my car. i learned the hard way! lol

it sucked bad too i had it so bad on my hands and i have to wear gloves at work. let me tell you. pain.

ProjectWidow
11-04-2005, 11:04 PM
yep... tell me about it..youve seen what ive done to my car. i learned the hard way! lol

it sucked bad too i had it so bad on my hands and i have to wear gloves at work. let me tell you. pain.
yeh it really does suck. I some how got it on my neck right now and my shirt bothers me, ahhh. shit whatever. ill go to sleep tonite and hopefully it will get less overnight, lol

dazn
11-05-2005, 12:49 PM
yeah, i wear two layers oof gloves, one liner and one thick latex, then sleeves from gloves past elbows, and i always wear a hat now too, it helps keep it outta hair and i have less of a tendency to touch my face or neck with the hat on. I have wear a respirator sometimes too and that helps.
carbon and glass itch sux, but after a while you learn how to avoid it

JC
11-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Hydrocortizon could help maybe. LOL.

Bishop
11-05-2005, 04:42 PM
I've never had that problem, but then again, doctors say i have a high tolerance for pain so i dont know...

sixfifty
11-05-2005, 05:01 PM
hello do not use hot water it opens up your pores. use cold. and now yeah you are pretty much screwed.

ProjectWidow
11-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Hydrocortizon could help maybe. LOL.
thanks you got some I could borrow? lol

I've never had that problem, but then again, doctors say i have a high tolerance for pain so i dont know...
it didnt hurt that bad, just annoying.

hello do not use hot water it opens up your pores. use cold. and now yeah you are pretty much screwed.
oh well, too late now. it all pretty much went away except on one finger where i had a cut and I think some went in there.

brads94accord
11-05-2005, 05:46 PM

brandon you're such an asshole you need to watch your tone

lol j/k...

it will go away after a few showers.. that happened to me after working on my car w/ out a shirt on and from taking my downpipe off and back on all the fiberglass slivvers from the heat wrap fell onto the ground then got on me when i laid on my back.. i also changed me sheets on my bed after the first night and washed them that helped a little bit.