PDA

View Full Version : differences between B series mid shafts????

kr3w108
04-20-2010, 08:58 PM
:thinking:Are there any differences between any of the B series mid shaft (half shaft) ? My question is, is there a certain mid shaft for a motor. like say a cable trany vs. hydro or an auto vs. a manual trans? , and im sure all B series blocks bolt up the same. I have a b18b1 with a manual cable s1 trans. lmk if anyone knows what i need. thx in advance.

Barefoot
04-20-2010, 09:12 PM
for b series as long as your driver side axle matches the mid shaft it will work on just about anything.

kr3w108
04-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Well my problem is that the one I have does not match line up right. When its like it is not flat with block. When I bolt it down it is in a bind. Thought it was trany so I changed it still not working so its gotta be the half shaft.......
for b series as long as your driver side axle matches the mid shaft it will work on just about anything.

bam-bam
04-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Automatic shaft is definitely different. At least the one on a DA Integra is lower and further out in relation to the block.

JGilbert312
04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
the ones for a cable tranny and a hydro tranny are different, you can use one for a hydro in a cable tranny because the shaft is too big and vice versa, also the one for a cable tranny has a male end and the one on a hydro has a female end on it.

Barefoot
04-21-2010, 02:48 AM
Well my problem is that the one I have does not match line up right. When its like it is not flat with block. When I bolt it down it is in a bind. Thought it was trany so I changed it still not working so its gotta be the half shaft.......

Automatic shaft is definitely different. At least the one on a DA Integra is lower and further out in relation to the block.agree. u have an automatic midshaft with wont work at all.

the ones for a cable tranny and a hydro tranny are different, you can use one for a hydro in a cable tranny because the shaft is too big and vice versa, also the one for a cable tranny has a male end and the one on a hydro has a female end on it.repost said this already hahaha

kr3w108
04-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Alright guys Thx for the info, really helps me a lot.