PDA

View Full Version : b20vtec AGAIN lol wtf?

DaRussian
04-19-2010, 08:15 PM
ok still cant get my car to run right. i got a ecu its a p28 and is supposedly "chipped or tuned with HASPORT" with i never heard of them doing. here is the problem: i got a b20b block b16a2 head and a p28 ecu. timing is set and all vacum hoses are hooked up correctly. when its idling it sounds like its missfiring but its not its more like kinda boggs a lil. when i drive it up to like exactly 4k rpm it pulls really slow after 4k it goes good, it seems like the same thing when i had bad spark plug wires on a integra it sputters on low rpms and goes good on high, i got brand new platinum 2 plugs and brand new wires. anybody ever had a anything like this?

also does anybody have a chipped/tuned ecu that i could borrow and just see if that fixes the problem? because i dont know what it needs anymore lol.

Barefoot
04-19-2010, 09:31 PM
u need a chipped and SOCKECTED p28 and atleast a scotty basemap on it.

EmminoDaGreat
04-19-2010, 09:53 PM
hasport tuned? wtf. It sounds like the timing is wonky.

DaRussian
04-20-2010, 12:07 AM
hasport tuned? wtf. It sounds like the timing is wonky.

thats what i was thinking for a while until a "Honda Tech" checked and said that the timing is dead on, i dont know how he checked because i think its got the LS pulley on a b20b block.

today i tied my friends p06 ecu and it was same shit, then i tried my P07 which is a 1.5 VX ecu and it runds alot better on all the way but kicks back at 5,500 rpm.

Could a knock sensor be the issue?

JGilbert312
04-20-2010, 12:09 AM
HASPORT tuning?? Never heard of that lol.. Man if it would run it I would let you try my ECU, but mine is tuned for turbo and I doubt you would wanna ride way up to Calhoun just to try it.. are you sure that it is chipped and everything??

Also, check and make sure your spark plug wires are in the correct order.

DaRussian
04-20-2010, 12:09 AM
u need a chipped and SOCKECTED p28 and atleast a scotty basemap on it.

i dont know who this scotty dude is but some people been telling me that he rips people off, some dude told me that he charged him like 4 bills and didnt do anything to his car put a basemap on and it ran like shit that he had to tow it home. i dont know if thats just hate or truth

DaRussian
04-20-2010, 12:10 AM
thats what im saying i never heard of Hasport tunning ecu's (correct me if im wrong) i think the guy jipped me with this ecu, the only reason i bought it because i was ready to try anything just to get it running right lol. firing order is correct. calhoun is far lol im in Dville

JGilbert312
04-20-2010, 12:11 AM
thats what i was thinking for a while until a "Honda Tech" checked and said that the timing is dead on, i dont know how he checked because i think its got the LS pulley on a b20b block.

today i tied my friends p06 ecu and it was same shit, then i tried my P07 which is a 1.5 VX ecu and it runds alot better on all the way but kicks back at 5,500 rpm.

Could a knock sensor be the issue?

Obd1 ECU's don't look for a knock sensor, unless you are running a p30 or a p72

JGilbert312
04-20-2010, 12:13 AM
i dont know who this scotty dude is but some people been telling me that he rips people off, some dude told me that he charged him like 4 bills and didnt do anything to his car put a basemap on and it ran like shit that he had to tow it home. i dont know if thats just hate or truth

Scotty from Mainstream, I've heard a lot of good things about him, I haven't got to go down and have him tune my car yet though.

DaRussian
04-20-2010, 12:21 AM
i have a p30 and a p28 ecu runs little better with p28

JGilbert312
04-20-2010, 12:26 AM
yeah the p30 is going to look for the knock sensor and if it isn't hooked up then it is going to retard timing and everything else where it is not needed, unless it is chipped, then it can be disabled.

the p28 if not chipped and everything is going to run it ok, considering they have an ok mapping on them stock, but are meant for 1 cam...
but you had stated earlier that it is chipped, so it could only come down to the tune at the moment. Check your CEL and see what code it throws and then let us know from that.

DaRussian
04-20-2010, 12:30 AM
i think its throwing 21, 22 and 46 which is vtec and O2 sensor

JGilbert312
04-20-2010, 12:35 AM
So it is throwing VTEC Pressure Switch and the VTEC Solenoid Valve?? What kind of engine harness are you running? Oxygen sensor is 61, I don't think there is a 46.

DaRussian
04-20-2010, 12:38 AM
vtec harness obd1 gsr. but since the car was not a vtec somebody had wired in the vtec wires so i just had to use those since they go out of the ecu plug and all the way to the engine

JGilbert312
04-20-2010, 12:42 AM
hmm, that isn't good.. Have you went back through there wiring yet?? Maybe something came unplugged or unhooked somewhere. Also check and make sure they have the wires pinned into A4 and D6 on the ECU harness.

DaRussian
04-20-2010, 12:43 AM
yes they are. and the black wire from the pressure switch goes to a ground. idk whats the deal with it

JGilbert312
04-20-2010, 12:48 AM
there should be 2 wires coming out of the pressure switch plug.. one does go to a ground and the other is routed to D6, if you would like to test your VTEC solenoid you could take a wire and touch the wire for the vtec solenoild and take the other end and touch it to the battery and if it clicks your Vtec solenoid is good, if it doesn't then it's bad and you may need another one.

DaRussian
04-20-2010, 01:01 AM
ok ill try that tomorrow, that is one thing that i wanted to check is the vtec solenoid, ok thanks for the help im about to go to sleep,

JGilbert312
04-20-2010, 01:03 AM
No problem :).

scttydb411
04-26-2010, 03:13 PM

the only way i would've charged him that much is if i had to spend hours fixing issues w/ his car to just get it running for a tuning appointment. sometimes cars come in realled f'd up and to get it even running it takes time...diagnostics and repairs aren't free. only customer i ever knew that had to tow car home is a zdyne locking down...cust didn't get charged even though i spent 3+hrs fixing bs things on his car and he still bad mouthed me (learned from that one). i give the customer the option for me to fix the issues or they can take it back and fix it. i ususally will tell them what they need to do.

i can basemap your ecu for $30-40...it won't be 4 bills just for me to basemap it. i'll even give you free diag advice:
1. fix cel if you have any
2. make sure timing belt is in time
3. make sure dist is timed properly

feel free to give me a call if you want...free advice over the phone. 678-614-3596.