PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods 240 swap...

Halfwit
11-04-2005, 04:25 PM
what is the best swap for a 1990 240? is it the sr20det? if so, how much is a complete set of transmission,ecu,andengine with less than 50000 miles?..............how good would an rb25 be? lastly (has to be a stock turbo)what is the engine that will give most power?

CSquared
11-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Personally, I'd grab a ka24de and throw a turbo on that. Seems like there are more and more guys doing that now a days. Good friend of mine has a 97 ka-t putting down about 400hp.

edit: oops I meant 24 not 23

KoukiDrftr
11-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Personally, I'd grab a ka23de and throw a turbo on that. Seems like there are more and more guys doing that now a days. Good friend of mine has a 97 ka-t putting down about 400hp.
i agree with him ^... i have an sr but if i had to do it all over again id do ka

Tracy
11-04-2005, 06:14 PM
call Jarco for motor sets. Everyone has an opinion about this SR vs KA shit. My advise...do your research. Not just on forums...form your own opinion.

CSquared
11-04-2005, 08:11 PM
call Jarco for motor sets. Everyone has an opinion about this SR vs KA shit. My advise...do your research. Not just on forums...form your own opinion.

I agree... You will get a million different opinions... different points of view...

For me personally i think it's rediculous to spend 4 grand on a motor and swap when you can pick up a decent dual cam ka for 500 bucks and build a helluva motor for 3500.

A lot of the guys who go SR practically give those motors away.

As tracy has said and as i've agreed... this is just what I would do... my opinion.

Ask around on importfanatix.com. It's a club based out of new york mostly dedicated to 240s. You have all different types of guys on there motor wise. RB, SR, CA, KA, and so on.

PSINXS
11-04-2005, 10:32 PM
IT depends on what u are looking for and have to spend. IMO there really is no "best" swap. go for waht u like, not what everyone else does. I like my sr20 and wouldnt have it any other way. some ppl dig rb20s, rb25s. some like ka-t. others go all out and swap in a rb26. I even seen a VG30dett in a 240sx. Its all in preference and what your money allows. either way u will have fun n haul ass.

suprised u didnt get flamed but this isnt the best place for 240 info. www.240sxforums.com helps a lot. dont hesitate to SEARCH first. or call dirtysouthdrifter.

imbosile
11-04-2005, 10:38 PM
go with the VG30dett imo....

EmotorsportsE
11-04-2005, 10:45 PM
You ever work on a Z? Fuck a VG30DETT, if you're gonna go that route, might as well go all out and try stuffing a VK56DE into it. The VG 240 swaps are horrible to work on, no room whatsoever. What do you want to tell people you have a JDM swap, torquey built KA-T, or a SBC?

E

PSINXS
11-04-2005, 11:56 PM
this guy did it well. brake reservoir on inside of car

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/psinxs/1118815153_uploadpixels.jpg

CSquared
11-05-2005, 05:28 AM
actually... isnt there a local guy with a 1jzgte in an s13? That's a shit load of work and money but a pretty sick motor.

Halfwit
11-05-2005, 06:52 AM
call Jarco for motor sets. Everyone has an opinion about this SR vs KA shit. My advise...do your research. Not just on forums...form your own opinion.......................I HAVE DONE MY RESEARCH! I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THOUGHT!..but hey, THANKS for the HELP.....

Halfwit
11-05-2005, 06:57 AM
alot of people are saying just build the ka24de..or a cheap motor,and turbo it..i wont turbo a non turbo car..i want a stock turbo,and then upgrade it. i know u will have problems with any turbo car,but i strongly believe a stock turbo engine will hold up better.

not to be an ASS, but all of u saying i need to get my own opinion, FUCK OFF,i do my work and then i want to see what has worked for everyone else..no offense to anyone though.

HiPSI
11-05-2005, 10:38 AM
......................I HAVE DONE MY RESEARCH! I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THOUGHT!..but hey, THANKS for the HELP.....

if you'd done your research then why can you not make your own decision based upon said research? why do you come on a forum and ask for others to make the decision for you?

CSquared
11-05-2005, 10:52 AM
not to be an ASS, but all of u saying i need to get my own opinion, FUCK OFF,i do my work and then i want to see what has worked for everyone else..no offense to anyone though.

You fuck off man. What's good for one person isnt for another. How about saying thank you for us not only answering, but not flaming you for asking a stupid ass question that people ask a million times over.

Maybe try that next time isntead of being an ungreatful douche bag?

oh yeah... no offense though.

Halfwit
11-05-2005, 11:23 AM
if you'd done your research then why can you not make your own decision based upon said research? why do you come on a forum and ask for others to make the decision for you?

i was not asking anyone to make the decision for me, i just wanted to know what everyone thought...thanks to all who contributed

HiPSI
11-05-2005, 12:03 PM
i was not asking anyone to make the decision for me, i just wanted to know what everyone thought...thanks to all who contributed

and when people let you know what they thing, you tell them to "fuck off".

Halfwit
11-05-2005, 12:21 PM
and when people let you know what they thing, you tell them to "fuck off".

no, they told me to "get my own opinion," andi had it, just wanted to see what yall thought.....thanks again.

Tracy
11-05-2005, 12:40 PM
......................I HAVE DONE MY RESEARCH! I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THOUGHT!..but hey, THANKS for the HELP.....

YOU DON"T HAVE TO YELL;). All I was saying is that this topic always sparks emotion and gets people all in a tissy :) It's a topic that has been done to death on every forum I have been on for the past 4 years. If all you are asking for is opinions then I will give mine. SR20DE-T is the best swap...although all of the others mentioned will work just fine. Just be ready to get a spilt decision on which swap is best. You'll be right beack where you started on asking opinions if you have already done your research and opinions are all you are looking for. Didn't mean to upset you. If you "search" on most of the forums...you will find that this topic already exists and you will lessen your chances on getting upset with what people have to say on the topic...because all you will have to do is read. Good luck with whatever you choose. I hope it all works out to your liking in the end :)

shameless plug. Here is our car:
http://www.driftmechaniks.com/video/driverProfile~batlground.wmv
http://www.importatlanta.com/features/2004/sept/240/index.php

It has a sr20DE-T. It used to make 480 whp..but we downsized the turbo for drifting. It now makes 360 whp on low boos. HiPSI also has a SR20DE-T and he is making similar power.

CSquared
11-05-2005, 12:44 PM
YOU DON"T HAVE TO YELL;). All I was saying is that this topic always sparks emotion and gets people all in a tissy :) It's a topic that has been done to death on every forum I have been on for the past 4 years. If all you are asking for is opinions then I will give mine. SR20DE-T is the best swap...although all of the others mentioned will work just fine. Just be ready to get a spilt decision on which swap is best. You'll be right beack where you started on asking opinions if you have already done your research and opinions are all you are looking for. Didn't mean to upset you. If you "search" on most of the forums...you will find that this topic already exists and you will lessen your chances on getting upset with what people have to say on the topic...because all you will have to do is read. Good luck with whatever you choose. I hope it all works out to your liking in the end :)

lol why are you being so nice? He told us to fuck off. This is the time to gang up and e-thug him. ;)

Tracy
11-05-2005, 12:59 PM
lol why are you being so nice? He told us to fuck off. This is the time to gang up and e-thug him. ;)

IDK. I feel nice today...LOL! See, I can be be nice. Maybe he's new to the forums and doesn't know there is a search tool or that this topic had been done to death. I thought I would help him out :)

Xrated O.G.
11-05-2005, 01:27 PM
IDK. I feel nice today...LOL! See, I can be be nice. Maybe he's new to the forums and doesn't know there is a search tool or that this topic had been done to death. I thought I would help him out :)

Excuse me but what have you done with that BIOTCH TRACY we have all come to love and hate? We dont appreciate you toying with our minds like this....

Tracy
11-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Damn. I can't win can I? LOL

Here, this should make ya'll happy:

EAT A DICK! Yea, I coined this phrase on IA...it is also known as E.A.D. :D

CSquared
11-05-2005, 10:47 PM
^^ lol awesome... there we go.

Halfwit
11-05-2005, 11:19 PM
hey, sorry for upsetting u guys..i didnt know about the search forum..tracy,thanks for being nice....we good?

sebastianHoff
11-06-2005, 06:06 AM
yeah you kinda have to excuse the nissan guys, we're a bit high strung. i think it stems from the fact we dont get laid much cause our cars look like shit and most girls arent impressed with how they handle when there are 1/2 a dozen unrecognizable smells that permeate from the carpet, seats, headliner, dashboard, etc...

p.s. if you put an rb20 into a 240sx the underpants gnomes will shit in your shoes while you sleep.

Halfwit
11-06-2005, 11:18 AM
yeah you kinda have to excuse the nissan guys we dont get laid much cause our cars look like shit and most girls arent impressed with how they handle when there are 1/2 a dozen unrecognizable smells that permeate from the carpet, seats, headliner, dashboard, etc...

p.s. if you put an rb20 into a 240sx the underpants gnomes will shit in your shoes while you sleep.

ill keep that in mind..i am going with the sr20det