PDA

View Full Version : Emission failure!!!!!!!!!

masanomi3
04-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Ok got a 94 civic with a sohc zc in it...it won't pass emissions again!!!!! running like 3700 on the noxs....changed the o2 sensor and cat and the timing is set to TDC!!!! Their is no EGR on the motor!!!! what can I do to make it pass???? Tune up and everything possible is done......what can be done?????

ItsBlack
04-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Look for a vacuum leak. Im in that same predicament in my new car. It sucks. My nox is up in the 2700 but I ran it once while the motor was almost cold and it only hit 950 (still failed). A mechanic told me it was a vacuum leak, and they expand when the motor is hot thats why the level is higher on a hotter motor. I already changed 02 sensor, and I don't have EGR either

masanomi3
04-18-2010, 02:48 PM
ok thanks man Ill get crackin on it!!!!!!

getty1582
04-20-2010, 11:54 AM
I did emissions a few weeks ago and I failed bad. Got my O2 sensor tested and it was fine, threw on a cat converter and bpipe. Went back to get it tested and it passed with flying colors, except for Nox.. Nox was borderline passing. When I talked to the guy he told me that I may need a new EGR and that should bring the nox down... just my 2 cents