PDA

View Full Version : Crown vic issues

e_pirate1337
04-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Ok here we go...

So i was f'in around and i decided to remove my muffler, just to see what it would sound like.
I removed all the exhaust from the muffler back and started it up. Sounds bad assed, nice and burbley after you let off the throttle. :goodjob: I put my old cherry bomb "hot dog" on after and it didnt sound so good so i took it off and left the exhaust open.

Went driving around sounded awsome, noticed slight drop in low end tourque but what ever.
Drove to my buddies house about 3mi away cut it off, drove to pizza about 2 mi away cut it off.

Got done eating went to start noticed it was alittle hesitant at startup, goosed the throttle...
It didnt like that , not one little bit. Started to idle weird, like a loppey cam. pulled out of the parking lot got 2 blocks away and BAM, no power. I was low on gas so i figured it had ran out. Filled it up same problem. No power, limps along. If i hold the pedal down it will surge then go back to crap.

A buddy told me to un hook the battery so the ecu would reset it self. :thinking:

Ill try that and see how it works.

Any body else have a similar issue?
Btw I have a 95 crown vic, 4.6L v8 single pipe.