PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Questions

geezy
04-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Ok So Ive Had My Car For Around 4Months,
Since i bought it.. the clutch seems a little hard, not soft like i usually see on most cars
and lets out almost all the way to the top,,
The guy i bought it from,his story was he replaced the clutch and pressure plate and thats why its hard and lets out high.. he has no paper work... and im no clutch expert so .... is hard clutch is normal????
&& ive had my clutch adjusted but when it got adjusted to release at the middle, the gears didnt go in. so they had to set it how it was, set high! please help!

Theycall_Metue
04-14-2010, 09:26 PM
its not really a clutch problem, its a clutch peddle problem with sitting too high. never adjusted one before so you will have to wait for another person to answer

geezy
04-14-2010, 09:44 PM
its not really a clutch problem, its a clutch peddle problem with sitting too high. never adjusted one before so you will have to wait for another person to answer

but what could cause the clutch pedal to be not soft to any other clutch
ive head when the clutch is too soft is ready to go out.. but most clutches seem soft soo idk?

Black4DrEK
04-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Sounds like he put a after market clutch...

But GL if you have a problem.

geezy
04-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Sounds like he put a after market clutch...

But GL if you have a problem.

so the clutch not being so soft is normal?

Black4DrEK
04-14-2010, 10:23 PM
It depends on what clutch you have..really...

If you have a STOCK clutch and it is really stiff.. then hmmm...I cant really think of a reason it feeling harder then usual

geezy
04-14-2010, 10:29 PM
It depends on what clutch you have..really...

If you have a STOCK clutch and it is really stiff.. then hmmm...I cant really think of a reason it feeling harder then usual
yeah previous owner said its a stage 2 or 3 clutch..is there a place i can take it to get it checked out to make sure.

jdm-civic
04-14-2010, 10:32 PM
is it cable or hydro?

geezy
04-14-2010, 10:34 PM
is it cable or hydro?

cable

EJdm
04-14-2010, 10:52 PM
if its cable you can adjust it...follow the cable down to the trans and you'll come across a knob, thats where you adjust it...if its an aftermarket clutch like you said then it should be some what hard...i drove my stock da9 and then drove my friends celica alltrac with ACT 6 puck clutch..that was pretty hard

geezy
04-14-2010, 11:06 PM
if its cable you can adjust it...follow the cable down to the trans and you'll come across a knob, thats where you adjust it...if its an aftermarket clutch like you said then it should be some what hard...i drove my stock da9 and then drove my friends celica alltrac with ACT 6 puck clutch..that was pretty hard

yeah i adjusted myself but i rather not mess with it
and yeah i guess its after market

&& what are the symptoms of a clutch thats going out?

Black4DrEK
04-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Take your starter off, what color is the pressure plate??

geezy
04-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Take your starter off, what color is the pressure plate??

ill get back at you tomorrow with that one !!

what color it should be?

Barefoot
04-15-2010, 07:44 AM
stop adjusting shit before u brake something. there is nothing wrong with the car. the clutch kit that is install doesnt have a oem pressure plate giving u a harder feeling. there is nothing u can do to change that unless u change the pressure plate.

Theycall_Metue
04-15-2010, 07:45 AM
if the clutch is slipping, it'll revv up when your trying to pick up speed. best way is to stump the gas when your moving, if the rpm jumps up and drop back down to catch than its slipping
youtube may have your answer, im at school so cant post a link

Theycall_Metue
04-15-2010, 07:46 AM
stop adjusting shit before u brake something. there is nothing wrong with the car. the clutch kit that is install doesnt have a oem pressure plate giving u a harder feeling. there is nothing u can do to change that unless u change the pressure plate.
x2

EJdm
04-15-2010, 09:31 AM

X2

Marta Mike
04-15-2010, 10:12 AM

that doesnt explain why it releases so high. Either the clutch is about used up or the pedal needs to be adjusted.

Theycall_Metue
04-15-2010, 10:16 AM
that doesnt explain why it releases so high. Either the clutch is about used up or the pedal needs to be adjusted.
peddle being high is set by the cable or if hydro, thats the way its going to sit or relocate the peddle
stiffness of the peddle is the pressure plate ( most of the time )

Marta Mike
04-15-2010, 10:37 AM
peddle being high is set by the cable or if hydro, thats the way its going to sit or relocate the peddle
stiffness of the peddle is the pressure plate ( most of the time )

cable is not self adjusting...and if you read, he already stated he does NOT have a hydro trans. And many of the hydro trannies still let you adjust the pedal. So as I said before, its about gone or needs adjusting.

Black4DrEK
04-15-2010, 10:50 AM
^

GTFO!

Marta Mike
04-15-2010, 10:54 AM
^

GTFO!

you want me to gtfo, yet you couldnt answer why a stock clutch would be hard? Lol ok. Ok im out bwahahaha

Barefoot
04-15-2010, 10:54 AM
that doesnt explain why it releases so high. Either the clutch is about used up or the pedal needs to be adjusted.he desnt know what kit he has. ive had lots of kits and installed and test drove many more. they all release in different places. some high some low some in the middle.

Black4DrEK
04-15-2010, 10:58 AM
you want me to gtfo, yet you couldnt answer why a stock clutch would be hard? Lol ok. Ok im out bwahahaha

OK genious why would a stock clutch be hard????????????????????????

ITS NOT A STOCK CLUTCH!!

Marta Mike
04-15-2010, 10:59 AM
he desnt know what kit he has. ive had lots of kits and installed and test drove many more. they all release in different places. some high some low some in the middle.

agreed. All im saying is if its too high, something isnt right. For proper diag test drive is needed.

Black4DrEK
04-15-2010, 11:00 AM
he desnt know what kit he has. ive had lots of kits and installed and test drove many more. they all release in different places. some high some low some in the middle.

^ this....

If your clutch is goin OUT.. it will be down to the damn floor.. and wont grap at all!

Marta Mike
04-15-2010, 11:02 AM
OK genious why would a stock clutch be hard????????????????????????

ITS NOT A STOCK CLUTCH!!

genious? Nah I wouldnt say that. And I never said that he had a stock clutch. I believe you were the one that said you have no idea why a stock clutch would be hard......am i correct? Well when a clutch is severely worn or abused, the clutch dust/fibers etc can build up causing a "hard clutch" feel.

Marta Mike
04-15-2010, 11:03 AM
^ this....

If your clutch is goin OUT.. it will be down to the damn floor.. and wont grap at all!

ok..........

Barefoot
04-15-2010, 11:04 AM
^ this....

yah it will on the floor past the carpet before u could get it to engage. that is if it does at all.

Black4DrEK
04-15-2010, 11:08 AM
genious? Nah I wouldnt say that. And I never said that he had a stock clutch. I believe you were the one that said you have no idea why a stock clutch would be hard......am i correct? Well when a clutch is severely worn or abused, the clutch dust/fibers etc can build up causing a "hard clutch" feel.

WEll bud most of the time when a clutch is WORN or abused.. It just ISNT there.. GONE.. NADA! there for NO feel at all.. but i guess diff people have diff experience..

Black4DrEK
04-15-2010, 11:09 AM
yah it will on the floor past the carpet before u could get it to engage. that is if it does at all.

yea lol.. sux.. been there done that

Marta Mike
04-15-2010, 11:11 AM
but i guess diff people have diff experience.. Exactly different cars act differently. What you explained is typical on a honda. On subarus not so much so. My mazda also had full clutch but released near the top, and the disc was worn to the rivets and broken-lol. Go figure.

Black4DrEK
04-15-2010, 11:15 AM
:goodjob:

:cheers:

geezy
04-15-2010, 11:19 AM

if the clutch is slipping, it'll revv up when your trying to pick up speed. best way is to stump the gas when your moving, if the rpm jumps up and drop back down to catch than its slipping
youtube may have your answer, im at school so cant post a link

ITS NOT A STOCK CLUTCH!!
OK So obviously i got a aftermaket clutch kit & its totally normal for it to be hard?? and ..which i understand most cars are different so mines one that releases high.. i just wanna make sure the symptoms are fine so i wont run out of clutch and get stranded somewhere lol
Reps Guys:goodjob:

civic gsr
04-15-2010, 11:42 AM
i say get a new car lol jk flex

ima fuck with your this weekend see what we can do

geezy
04-15-2010, 11:46 AM
i say get a new car lol jk flex

ima fuck with your this weekend see what we can do

:yes:

geezy
04-15-2010, 06:30 PM
reps

ReXy5709
04-16-2010, 02:06 AM
the zc in my crx had an act 6 puck stage 3 clutch. it was much harder to push than an oem clutch. you can take your starter off to see what color the pressure plate is and that will give an idea if its aftermarket. yellow is act. get someone to push your clutch in while you look at the tranny to find the cable, there will be a round knob around the cable, while the pedal is down twist the knob 3/4 the way or so towards the ground. get in the vechicle, start it up and see how it feels, if it lets out too close to the floor then adjust the knob up. repeat until it lets out where you want it to. if you need further explination you can hit me up, id be glad to help. 706 618 7686 and guys, quit bickering, lets help this guy out.

Barefoot
04-16-2010, 05:57 AM
and guys, quit bickering, lets help this guy out.very nooish post. this is IA home to a lot of things 1 of which is "bickering". an he got the answers he was looking for a few times.

geezy
04-16-2010, 07:22 AM
the zc in my crx had an act 6 puck stage 3 clutch. it was much harder to push than an oem clutch. you can take your starter off to see what color the pressure plate is and that will give an idea if its aftermarket. yellow is act. get someone to push your clutch in while you look at the tranny to find the cable, there will be a round knob around the cable, while the pedal is down twist the knob 3/4 the way or so towards the ground. get in the vechicle, start it up and see how it feels, if it lets out too close to the floor then adjust the knob up. repeat until it lets out where you want it to. if you need further explination you can hit me up, id be glad to help. 706 618 7686 and guys, quit bickering, lets help this guy out.
thanks! reps!

very nooish post. this is IA home to a lot of things 1 of which is "bickering". an he got the answers he was looking for a few times.

yeah i kinda get the idea its "Aftermarket" just not 100% sure