PDA

View Full Version : Interest in an audio install write-up?

Stuntman G
04-14-2010, 11:16 AM
I got an ef civic and will be transferring all my audio equipment from the hatch over to it during the next few days. I will be taking lots of pictures along the way, and would be more than happy to do a DIY write-up if there is any interest. I will be transferring over my amp, subs, speakers, and headunit (basically an entire system). Anybody think this would be a good idea?

alpine_aw11
04-14-2010, 12:53 PM
That would be a good idea. I'm sure a few people on IA have set their cars on fire from bad installs before.

Stuntman G
04-14-2010, 05:54 PM
That would be a good idea. I'm sure a few people on IA have set their cars on fire from bad installs before.

lol, I mean I'm not an "expert" but I have never caught anything on fire

ATK_Designs
04-14-2010, 07:38 PM
If it's not too bothersome, by all mean go ahead. I'm sure it'll be useful to lots of people.

:)

Stuntman G
04-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Alright, well it's already in progress. Should be done and have it posted tomorrow night with a bitchload of pictures

Glade
04-14-2010, 11:39 PM
yesssssssssssssssssssssss

alpine_aw11
04-15-2010, 07:12 PM
lol, I mean I'm not an "expert" but I have never caught anything on fire

I mean you don't really have to be stupid to set a car on fire either, there are some things that would seem fine to do to 90% of people that can fuck your shit up. Like when I did my first install I put the fuse in the trunk instead of near the battery, it seems harmless but there is a chance you will walk in your garage and see a burnt pile of shit where your car used to be.

Stuntman G
04-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Like when I did my first install I put the fuse in the trunk instead of near the battery, it seems harmless but there is a chance you will walk in your garage and see a burnt pile of shit where your car used to be.

Yeah I always keep mine within 6-12 inches of the battery. Putting it in the trunk kind of defeats the purpose lol

98Teg_GSR
04-16-2010, 12:48 PM
That would be greatly appreciated seeing that im installing my new Cd player next week and i have never installed a head unit before.

Stuntman G
04-16-2010, 01:23 PM
That would be greatly appreciated seeing that im installing my new Cd player next week and i have never installed a head unit before.

Headunits are super easy, especially in hondas. To save yourself a lot of time and aggravation, get a plug'n'play harness from wal-mart or bestbuy. You simply wire this harness to the harness for your CD player, and then it plugs right into the stock plug.

RL...
04-20-2010, 02:23 AM

A car's electrical system is the one thing I will not DIY on for this reason lol. I will install bulbs and that's about it. One day this might change though, as I am wanting to do an LED gauge cluster conversion sometime.

alpine_aw11
04-20-2010, 09:36 PM
A car's electrical system is the one thing I will not DIY on for this reason lol. I will install bulbs and that's about it. One day this might change though, as I am wanting to do an LED gauge cluster conversion sometime.

Just be careful. Read up on what you're doing and take your time, it's not that intimidating.

Stuntman G
04-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Sorry about the delay, it's all done and the pics are taken. I will get it thrown together as soon as I can.