PDA

View Full Version : Time For Change!, i need IDEAS

Sir_Christopher
04-14-2010, 12:10 AM
as most know, i have a BONE STOCK 2010 si,
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/Ef_ftw73/1260650665.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/Ef_ftw73/Mobile%20Uploads/1260737682.jpg

i have a little over 4k to spend and i already have an idea what i want, but im mostly baffled on what wheels to get, ive honestly looked for about 2 days and i dont know what i want,

and im not sure on what suspension to use, because she needs to be lowered,, and it seems that is all she will need,

wheels, suspension, window visors and a lip and call it a day,

all im asking is to see if anyone has any good ideas i could go with?

thanks for everyones input.
reps to all, when i get a chance

Vteckidd
04-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Skunk2 PRO-S iirc they have them for the SI

Wheels i dont know ive never been one for BALLER wheels so i would say something cheap

OnURleft
04-14-2010, 01:01 AM
I'd recommend some Enkei RPF-1's 17x8 with 235's all around and some good tires. You will instantly notice a dramatic difference in handling and even straight line performance right off the bat from the unsprung weight loss. This is a very popular wheel for autocrossers and road racers and I think they look good on civics.
Next i'd do shocks and springs, because I don't believe in lowering a car without doing shocks unless the factory shocks are truely tuned H-D style performance shocks like on some Audi's or the drop is less than 1.2". The shock and spring is engineered to perform together, don't be a ricer and slam it on springs it'll only be asthetically pleasing after that, and most likely worse for turning. If you get Koni's and Eibach's or H&R you'll probably be out of money at this point but your car will be nearly track ready and incredibly fun to drive without any added HP
If you come up with extra money sign up for a track day, or buy a tank a gas and head to the mountains. After you learn how to drive it safely, invest in good tuning and a good long tube header. My friends civic made 216whp with just a header/intake/tune up form 178whp base line. Like Honda's from yesterday, they still love good tuning and a great header but I never recommend any students I instruct to add more power before the driver mod is there and those cars are great fun to learn on and track

Sir_Christopher
04-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Skunk2 PRO-S iirc they have them for the SI

Wheels i dont know ive never been one for BALLER wheels so i would say something cheap

i was looking at those, but i heard they have some bouncyness to them, im looking for the smoothness, and the rims, i dont mind on price as long as they are not 800 a wheel.

and does anyone know about camber kits for the 8th gen? because i dont want to have rediculous camber ware

I'd recommend some Enkei RPF-1's 17x8 with 235's all around and some good tires. You will instantly notice a dramatic difference in handling and even straight line performance right off the bat from the unsprung weight loss. This is a very popular wheel for autocrossers and road racers and I think they look good on civics.

Next i'd do shocks and springs, because I don't believe in lowering a car without doing shocks unless the factory shocks are truely tuned H-D style performance shocks like on some Audi's or the drop is less than 1.2". The shock and spring is engineered to perform together, don't be a ricer and slam it on springs it'll only be asthetically pleasing after that, and most likely worse for turning. If you get Koni's and Eibach's or H&R you'll probably be out of money at this point but your car will be nearly track ready and incredibly fun to drive without any added HP

If you come up with extra money sign up for a track day, or buy a tank a gas and head to the mountains. After you learn how to drive it safely, invest in good tuning and a good long tube header. My friends civic made 216whp with just a header/intake/tune up form 178whp base line. Like Honda's from yesterday, they still love good tuning and a great header but I never recommend any students I instruct to add more power before the driver mod is there and those cars are great fun to learn on and track

ive built plenty of cars, ive decided to make her pretty and lowering her and getting some wheels will do it for me, i appreciate yalls imput!

geezy
04-14-2010, 11:46 PM
say.. you wouldnt happen to be parting out that ef in that back would you:thinking:

Sir_Christopher
04-15-2010, 02:10 AM
that was my h22a ef and she was sold, but i can definitely get you some parts off it. i believe the new owner is parting it out

skacore
04-15-2010, 02:54 AM
Skunk 2 coilovers are good and what ever wheels you want

Theycall_Metue
04-15-2010, 07:57 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSTTTT! :goodjob:

Nerdsrock22
04-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Go with the RPF1's. They are definitely the gentleman's wheel choice.