PDA

View Full Version : Who can bore a wheel?

Dirty Octopus™
04-13-2010, 08:50 PM
like the Centerbore. would a machine shop do it? can anyone here on IA do it? whats the cost like? :thinking:

Elbow
04-13-2010, 08:55 PM
A machine shop can, I've had it done. I've done it myself before too.

Dirty Octopus™
04-13-2010, 09:31 PM
how did you go about doing it yourself? do you have a router?

tnomud
04-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Just take it to a Machine Shop, it's a simple and dirt cheap task. Especially if you are running a wide wheel with offset, hub-centric is important.

Call Justin @ Industrial Services if you want to travel to this side of town 770-486-8444 Tell him Brian over on Kelly sent you..........

Catnip
04-13-2010, 10:01 PM
If you were closer, I'd offer to do it for you as I'm certified in Milling and Lathing, but I doubt you want to come all the way down here to drop them off, go home, let me do them the next day, then drive back down to pick them up. lol

Go to a machine shop, it should be cheap. Like everyone said, it's simple. To do it yourself, if it's a very little amount, I'd use a file with a radius on it, then use hubcentric rings.

tnomud
04-13-2010, 10:15 PM
If you were closer, I'd offer to do it for you as I'm certified in Milling and Lathing, but I doubt you want to come all the way down here to drop them off, go home, let me do them the next day, then drive back down to pick them up. lol

Go to a machine shop, it should be cheap. Like everyone said, it's simple. To do it yourself, if it's a very little amount, I'd use a file with a radius on it, then use hubcentric rings.

You sir are my new best friend!

Catnip
04-13-2010, 10:21 PM
You sir are my new best friend!

Like what I did thar, sir? :)

May I ask if you're in the machining business of some sort?