PDA

View Full Version : Misc Low Budget Wedding Tips?

stillaneon
04-12-2010, 09:56 PM
So I am starting to plan my wedding and I figured that there had to be some people on here who have gotten married and didn't have a lot of cash to do so.

Any tips from those of you who have taken the plunge with a budget that could save money but still have an elegant touch or places to get stuff at a better price than retail?

RL...
04-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Make the bar a cash bar, don't serve fancy food, don't invite 500 ppl keep the wedding small, try to find a shop to let the bride "rent" or "borrow" a dress for the day...that's all that comes to mind. Just fyi the number 1 reason couples list for getting divorced is financial trouble....jus sayin......

SlowEG9
04-13-2010, 04:28 PM
go on a cruise, get married at port and invite friends and family who want to come but make them pay for their cruise...problem solved...

or go to the courthouse lol

Gorilla Eg!
04-13-2010, 04:37 PM
heres a good way to save money on the cake :)

http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/redneck_wedding_cake.jpg

Turbodude06
04-14-2010, 08:47 AM
LOL^ Fake flowers instead of real. idk about renting a wedding dress cause most women want to keep theres but my wife only spent like $500 on hers instead of like 8-10K and it was honestly beautiful.... Cheap food, its free they can't complain lol...

BlkCD5
04-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Find someone in your family that can do floral arrangements/decorations and etc; Create invitations using your computer

AnthonyF
04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
nacho cheese fountain! which I don't think is low budget....

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/cheese.jpg

-Ant.

brownhornet
04-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Get a friend or relative to act as minister, and have it at the house.

stillaneon
04-14-2010, 10:59 AM
LOL^ Fake flowers instead of real. idk about renting a wedding dress cause most women want to keep theres but my wife only spent like $500 on hers instead of like 8-10K and it was honestly beautiful.... Cheap food, its free they can't complain lol...

Yeah, the dress is something that she will want to keep, And I've heard fake or wholesale flowers are the way to go.

Find someone in your family that can do floral arrangements/decorations and etc; Create invitations using your computer

I am hoping that we have a friend who can do the floral stuff. Just trying to figure out if fake or wholesale is cheaper

nacho cheese fountain! which I don't think is low budget....

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/cheese.jpg

-Ant.

Low Budget or not, that's pretty damn awesome...

Get a friend or relative to act as minister, and have it at the house.

The Church is free, so that's not as big of an issue. The Minister is a good Idea though.

Reps to all

BanginJimmy
04-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Me and the wife had a small ceremony (15 people) at the Botanical Gardens for really cheap, then we did the "reception" at the field house of her mother's sub division. It was really nice and the gardens were a beautiful setting. We had the "reception" catered for about 50 people and family did a lot of the preparations and really helped us out.

ATL86
04-14-2010, 06:13 PM
My girl and I are going to get married at the beach on Tybee Island by my step-father, an ordained minister. We're only inviting close family and friends and are probably going to have the reception at my parents' house in Savannah. Forsyth Park would be sweet, too if the city would allow it.

We''re going to save the majority of our budget for the honeymoon :goodjob:

If all else fails, have a civil ceremony and throw a huge potluck afterparty.

Tech5
05-30-2010, 02:55 PM
So I am starting to plan my wedding and I figured that there had to be some people on here who have gotten married and didn't have a lot of cash to do so.

Any tips from those of you who have taken the plunge with a budget that could save money but still have an elegant touch or places to get stuff at a better price than retail?

Court house most around 100 bucks too 200 bucks for everything

dohc4.6sc
05-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Court house most around 100 bucks too 200 bucks for everything

its 55 actually but its alot more when you divorce cause you got married broke. true story.

Black4DrEK
05-30-2010, 07:08 PM
DONT DO IT

Tech5
05-30-2010, 10:36 PM
its 55 actually but its alot more when you divorce cause you got married broke. true story.

Some courts are differ I got married and it cost us 150.00 court house

Tech5
05-30-2010, 10:36 PM
DONT DO IT

GOT THAT RIGHT!

punkr6
05-30-2010, 10:46 PM
DONT DO IT

sense has been made here..