PDA

View Full Version : I have a dent and need it pulled

SRK420a
04-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I was wondering if anybody knew a company that could pull this dent out of my passenger rear quarter panel. and could I get an estimate on how much to fix it. Please don't put the most expensive company in ATL

Arm&hammer
04-12-2010, 08:38 PM
just put a lot of bondo over it. jk, pull it out yourself. it would be a lot cheaper.

gsrteg
04-12-2010, 09:07 PM
use a dent puller (the suction cup puller aint gonna cut it, use the drill in screw type or welder pin type puller) . OR If you can access the quarter panel from the inside of your car, then use a rubber mallet with a wooden block on the other side, and lightly hammer it out as much as you can from the inside, carefully not to thin out the metal or damage it worst... Afterwards, grind the area around dent with air grinder, use body filler (aka: Bondo, or Evercoat Glaze(fiberglass)) to fill up the uneven dent. Use 60-80 grit sand paper break down as much material off, then sand down with 180 and 220, and primer....if you afraid to do yourself, then go ahead and pay a bodyshop...

nevertolow
04-12-2010, 09:09 PM
garys bodyshop on covington highway. i used to work there. and everything they do is perfect. just tellem mike mitchell sent you antheyll hook u up cheap. iit looks like a lil hole in the wall place but theyve been on the cover of a sh*t ton of magizines.. i can get u theyre number and address tom. just pm me and remind me

lanning
04-12-2010, 09:09 PM
pm grimm reeper and see if he can help you out

jcs
04-12-2010, 11:50 PM
i 2nd that post he does good shit just depends on how bad the dent is ,send him a pm

SRK420a
04-13-2010, 02:50 AM
took both of you guys advice so we will see what happens thanks

SRK420a
04-13-2010, 02:57 AM
use a dent puller (the suction cup puller aint gonna cut it, use the drill in screw type or welder pin type puller) . OR If you can access the quarter panel from the inside of your car, then use a rubber mallet with a wooden block on the other side, and lightly hammer it out as much as you can from the inside, carefully not to thin out the metal or damage it worst... Afterwards, grind the area around dent with air grinder, use body filler (aka: Bondo, or Evercoat Glaze(fiberglass)) to fill up the uneven dent. Use 60-80 grit sand paper break down as much material off, then sand down with 180 and 220, and primer....if you afraid to do yourself, then go ahead and pay a bodyshop...

I used to work at a bodyshop so I know how to fix it but I dont have the tools or the time toyota keeps me busy lol

Barefoot
04-13-2010, 11:52 AM
pm grimm reeper and see if he can help you outi 2nd or 3rd the motion.

Grimm Reeper
04-13-2010, 02:52 PM
PM replied and thanx guys :goodjob: