PDA

View Full Version : my ek is running really rough going up hiils and idles rough in the morning

nevertolow
04-12-2010, 08:29 PM
i have a d16y8 i just put a new tranny in i replaced one axle but i havnt replaced the passenger side yet. the reason i replace my tranny was because i broke an axle off in the tranny and it bounced around and shreaded alot of stuff. it was running good and all and ive been drivin it normal since i put the new tranny in , not even dawgin it out. its likei have no torque now what so ever going up hills. but its wierd as soon as i get to 4000 rpms it stops lagging. it is vtec and i was wonering if it was a valve or something. i am gonna replace the axle this week and i do need a new clutch.im thinkin its ether a valve or the axle but i have no idea!! but its like all my torque is gone.itlle even stall out when ur goin up a hill if you dont double clutch it. its also been idling funny in the mornings. itll rev up to 1500 for like 5 min! i need some help ia!! please if u even think u no what it is lmk! 678 886 0565

Theycall_Metue
04-13-2010, 12:05 AM
problem sounds weird. nothing i know goes anywhere close to your description
you did say you need a new clutch. does it slip? rev high just to move a little ( stomp the gas and the rpm jump but car barely move )
also the axle can also be a problem, what is wrong with the passenger axle? ripped boot? or is the axle broken apart?

i know you just changed your tranny, but from the description about lost of power. try compression test, sounds like you lost a cylinder or compression
reving up at cold start is a common thing for motors to warm its self up

sorry, just trying to help

jdm-civic
04-13-2010, 12:09 AM
if you went from a si tranny to a dx(or worse, a cx) then it might feel a lot slower

Theycall_Metue
04-13-2010, 07:40 AM
* i little slower * i dont know the different between both tranny but all you will really notice is one of the tranny has longer gear if not different. not going to make you have to down shift going up hill if you didnt have to before

punkr6
04-13-2010, 07:47 AM
i have a d16y8 i just put a new tranny in i replaced one axle but i havnt replaced the passenger side yet. the reason i replace my tranny was because i broke an axle off in the tranny and it bounced around and shreaded alot of stuff. it was running good and all and ive been drivin it normal since i put the new tranny in , not even dawgin it out. its likei have no torque now what so ever going up hills. but its wierd as soon as i get to 4000 rpms it stops lagging. it is vtec and i was wonering if it was a valve or something. i am gonna replace the axle this week and i do need a new clutch.im thinkin its ether a valve or the axle but i have no idea!! but its like all my torque is gone.itlle even stall out when ur goin up a hill if you dont double clutch it. its also been idling funny in the mornings. itll rev up to 1500 for like 5 min! i need some help ia!! please if u even think u no what it is lmk! 678 886 0565

you make no sense....a valve or the axel ? no one can help you with this jibba jabba.....

XanRules
04-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Don't worry, everyone, I'll translate.

I have a d16y8 motor, and I just put in a new transmission. I replaced one axle - the driver's side (can't remember if it was front or rear) but I haven't replaced the passenger's side yet. I had to replace the transmission due to problems with the aforementioned axle - it broke off inside the transmission and the sheared gears flew around and fucked everything up. It was running fine after I put the new transmission in, and I haven't been driving it hard. Right now it feels like I have absolutely no torque, but then again I drive a Honda so I don't know what torque feels like to begin with. As soon as the car gets to 4000rpms, any sense of lag is gone and it immediately feels better. The car has seriously tYtE VTEC and I'm wondering if the incredible tork and tYtEness of my car has fried a valve. This week I'll end up replacing the other axle for no reason, and I know I need a new clutch, but I've concluded that this problem is either a valve or an axle. I have no idea why I think this. But seriously, my Honda has no torque, is this bad? If I granny shift instead of double-clutching like I should, it stalls out going up on hills. It has a tendency to idle weird on cold starts, and I know that cars never idle high on cold starts. But it revs up into the 1500 range for a good 5 minutes until the car warms up. I have no idea what is happening, but if you think you do, my phone number is 678 886 0565. I have no problem posting my phone number on the internet, so this should give you an idea of what kind of car owner I am.

You're welcome.

punkr6
04-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Don't worry, everyone, I'll translate.

You're welcome.

LMAO....:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

nevertolow
04-28-2010, 12:45 AM
haha thanks bro. i replced the axel and replaced my maps and ivac. fixed it. but fuck u other guys

preferredduck
04-28-2010, 01:25 AM
idling high on a honda on the first start up happens every day, mine does it and even the first one i bought in 00 had it too from day one no worries there. if the tranny isn't and
ex or a YS1 (i think) off a 92-95 si/ex or a newer ex tranny your pickup may be diff because of the gear ratios. post up the tranny code, there is a plate on it and i think it's the very first set of numbers on plate with a - symbol after it.. if it's not the type of tranny you put on needed then it could feel alot slower until vtec starts working. does it lag or not feel quit s quick but run good there but not quite what it was before the tranny swap. post up more info and if it's not the tranny then we rule out some things and go for the real problem. if a valve was toast it would prob run like crap in vtec and miss somewhat because the valve still wouldn't open and close as needed. that is a distinct sound.