PDA

View Full Version : Misc Pigeon Forge?

C22H19N3O4
11-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Is Pigeon Forge just a redneck Disneyworld? I'm going on a short roadtrip to Tn. and wanted to get some info on places to visit. Pigeon Forge is the first thing that came to mind..lol. The south has nothing worth seeing.

4dmin
11-04-2005, 07:39 AM
Pigeon Forge is fun if you are into video games, putt putt, go carts etc... they also have some nice attractions in Gatlinburg (which is next door) nice aquarium, riplys believe it or not, haunted house, etc... there are some good resturants/shopping too.

rolling_trip
11-04-2005, 07:43 AM
yeah go to Gatlinburg, but i would go to the Nascar Cafe in Pigeon Forge, even if you are not a fan, it has great food and very cold beer. :cheers:

C22H19N3O4
11-04-2005, 10:13 PM
I'd like to visit the aquarium in Choo-Choo. I don't think I'd enjoy the NASCAR Cafe since I'll be wearing my "Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks" shirt..lol. That Ripley's Museum actually sucks. I went to the one in Arlington, Texas and it was horrible. It was $20 to get in and the tour took 20 minutes..lol. Are there any natural attractions? I'm gonna take me some Ansel Adams styles pics.

Ex_Vtec_Girl
11-04-2005, 10:52 PM
cades cove is near pigeon forge...my dad went a few weeks ago & said he saw wildlife everywhere. he said it was really nice.

DerrickT
11-05-2005, 10:21 PM
cades cove is near pigeon forge...my dad went a few weeks ago & said he saw wildlife everywhere. he said it was really nice.

i see deer like that in neighborhoods... if widelife is your thing then go for it but it was a waste of time and gas for me..

gatlinburg is a pretty nice little town

x2 on the video games, go carts, and putt putt in pigeon forge. oo oo dollyworld or whatever :lmao: never been.

COGCaviZ24
11-06-2005, 01:52 PM
I went 2wks ago. there is a few really good go karts there. defintly visit cades cove, but there early in the morning because they feed early and it gets crowded around lunch

rbwdriven
11-07-2005, 07:16 PM
I would go to cades cove and the other one that is the other way cant remember. Bring some comfortable shoes though.

We went to the aquarium this one was better than the tennesse aquarium in chatanooga.

We went on our honeymoon and spent most of the time in gatlinburg not pidgeon forge. We spent maybe a couple of hours in pidgeon forge.

Ex_Vtec_Girl
11-07-2005, 08:05 PM
here's 1 pic my dad sent me from cades cove

Ex_Vtec_Girl
11-07-2005, 08:21 PM
2 more (my dad loves deer!!!)...

Brut
11-07-2005, 10:17 PM
it was really boring when i went. i was kicked out of dollywood for flicking off the cameras on one of the 3 rides they have there.

Tiff-O-Bitties
11-10-2005, 09:25 AM
I go to Pigeon Forge at least 1 time a year.. it's lots of fun.. there's a ton to do as well

IronEagle
01-30-2006, 03:08 PM
I'd like to get up there and visit Dollywood. I have seen a program that showed parts of their birds of prey show. Eagles, hawks etc. I want to get some pictures of the Eagle with some of the raptors.