PDA

View Full Version : LS/VTEC hatch vs. E46 M3

Catnip
04-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Driving to the store Saturday night, on Forza 3 in Mexico, the car in front of me was driving a little on the slow side, but I didn't tailgate them. The 2 lane road opened up to 4 lane, so I immediately sped up to 10 over the speed limit. I noticed the car was an E46 M3; the same E46 M3 that is known around town for having a jackass of an owner. When I sped up to 10 over, I got beside the E46 M3, and he started punching the gas to buck. I knew if cops were on this road, they'd be up near the red light at the Sonic. Deciding to play it smart, considering I have no exhaust on my car at the time (Welds broke), I kept my pace and waited for later on down the road.

Up at the red light, there were no cops, and luckily we caught a red on the light. Don't worry, ahead is a well lit area, no traffic, one side road that's visible, and perfectly straight for another 4 miles. The jackass punches the gas again to make the car buck. Ok, he obviously wants to race. I hadn't had a decent run yet with the car, so then was my chance. I knew the E46 M3 would win considering Car and Driver got a 13.1 and the average driver can do 13.3-13.5, and my car was your basic LS/VTEC untuned, but I wouldn't let that stop me.

I hold the RPMs around 1,500 when I see the intersecting lights turn yellow. Light turns green and we both go. I lose traction, he gets a fender ahead, and at about 6,000 RPMs my car catches, I get back even with him. Not paying great attention to the tach and not very used to running open header, I hit the rev limiter and it bounces twice. I drop back to him being a fender ahead. He SLOWLY pulls, I do the same with my 2nd to 3rd shift, he pulls ahead and I'm to about his door. Somehow, I manage to do the same 'waiting to long to shift' bullshit for my 3rd to 4th shift, and bounce off the limiter again. We both let off when I'm in the upper RPMs of 4th, and I'm right even with his rear bumper.

I was pretty impressed with the outcome of my car, even thought it's slow, due to the tune, having a passenger, and the power of the oppenent's car. Enjoy the read, fuckers.

japan4racing
04-11-2010, 11:58 PM
nice....i think i know exactly where you were! never seen said m3 though....i will keep my eye out

Catnip
04-12-2010, 12:02 AM
nice....i think i know exactly where you were! never seen said m3 though....i will keep my eye out

lol, for the locals it's pretty easy to figure out if you're on that side of town.
Look for him, though, you should definitely see it around.

japan4racing
04-12-2010, 12:05 AM
i hope i can run into him on the way home from work...too much traffic in the afternoons....i come home around 11pm

DeeAOne
04-12-2010, 12:11 AM
silver slammed one?

Catnip
04-12-2010, 12:12 AM
i hope i can run into him on the way home from work...too much traffic in the afternoons....i come home around 11pm

I lucked up on it that night. He's usually going the opposite way during the day when I see him.

Catnip
04-12-2010, 12:12 AM
silver slammed one?

Silver with aftermarket rims, but yes. Not the OEM wheel M3 that's REALLY slammed, the just lowered one.

japan4racing
04-12-2010, 12:20 AM
gun metal wheels lives or maybe knows someone in the brantley? ive seen that one on 96 alot.

Catnip
04-12-2010, 12:27 AM
gun metal wheels lives or maybe knows someone in the brantley? ive seen that one on 96 alot.

Yes sir.

japan4racing
04-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Yes sir.

[X] kill mode

Z0_o6
04-12-2010, 12:50 AM
don't worry japan.... i've actually gone to the trouble of hunting him down because he used to haul ass through my neighborhood like an idiot. it wasn't pretty at ALL when he tried up the sti lol!

Catnip
04-12-2010, 12:52 AM
I can imagine that considering how hard the STi pulls and how close I was to being even with him.

japan4racing
04-12-2010, 12:56 AM
if he is lucky i will catch up with him before we hit maditory overtime at work...once the money rolls in i cant guarantee there wont me nitrous or a supercharger on the mach1....its gonna get ugly for him if i have either of those..we will see how i do n/a if i can catch him out in a safe place

nemean
04-12-2010, 01:31 AM
Meh. if its the goofy bastard that had techno beating while mean mugging me in my GF's solara... then i cant wait to pound his ass with my SS.

Goofy bastard raced me on houston / 96 ..... Who tries to race a solara in a car like that?.... LOL

japan4racing
04-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Meh. if its the goofy bastard that had techno beating while mean mugging me in my GF's solara... then i cant wait to pound his ass with my SS.

Goofy bastard raced me on houston / 96 ..... Who tries to race a solara in a car like that?.... LOL

do you have one racing seat in your car?

tnomud
04-12-2010, 06:39 AM
I have an E46 M3 if you ever want to get raped...........

Catnip
04-12-2010, 07:11 AM
I have an E46 M3 if you ever want to get raped...........

I could race most cars on the road and probably get raped. lol.

thundercatz1
04-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Great story, as I'm reading I know where everything is lol.

Kourt
04-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Sonic sure is good in Mexico... Just don't drink the water!

tnomud
04-12-2010, 02:44 PM
on forza street...............

watch for the IRS abductions

OnURleft
04-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Nice, reminds me when I ran an 03' Cobra from a dig with the same results.

I know the tool, and a what a disgrace to M3 owners. He raced matthewAPM in his D16 civic, without Matthew acknowledging the race, proceeded to do a flyby, lost it then flew off the road ripping off the bumper. He then bungied the bumper on and was at P.hill revving at people with the bungie bumper. Fucking stupid moron. He then proceeded to get pulled on by stock SRT-4's and other cars he should've beat because he had no clue how to extract 8000rpms out of a motor that spins 8000, nor shift in order to extract somewhat of it's potential. Being the high strung motor that it is, I seriously doubt he's had the valves adjusted or anything of the sort, and his wheels (last time I saw it) did not even close fit (wrong offset, width etc). Good kill for you sir, and may people keep killing him

Catnip
04-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Nice, reminds me when I ran an 03' Cobra from a dig with the same results.

I know the tool, and a what a disgrace to M3 owners. He raced matthewAPM in his D16 civic, without Matthew acknowledging the race, proceeded to do a flyby, lost it then flew off the road ripping off the bumper. He then bungied the bumper on and was at P.hill revving at people with the bungie bumper. Fucking stupid moron. He then proceeded to get pulled on by stock SRT-4's and other cars he should've beat because he had no clue how to extract 8000rpms out of a motor that spins 8000, nor shift in order to extract somewhat of it's potential. Being the high strung motor that it is, I seriously doubt he's had the valves adjusted or anything of the sort, and his wheels (last time I saw it) did not even close fit (wrong offset, width etc). Good kill for you sir, and may people keep killing him

If that's the same guy (not sure, we're pretty far away), that'd be epic.

And thanks again.