PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control button acting weird...Car is a 1995 civic

SlowEG9
04-11-2010, 10:01 PM
So about an hour ago i was on my way home and kept seeing something catch my eye that was flashing and every time i looked to see what it was, it would go off. Finally i realized my cruise control button was intermittently flashing. My cruise control hasn't worked in the 6 years Ive known the cars history and this is the first time Ive actually noticed.

The weirdest part i guess is it was very consistent in what it was doing. It was on for about 3 seconds and off for 3. Usually when i have hit the cruise button before, the light on the button itself would light up on top but now when i noticed it was flashing, the indicator on top will not light up now.

Its dark and I don't really feel like fooling with it tonight but does it sound like a fuse/relay issue, just a simple button malfunction, or something more severe? I've been trying to find diagrams and similar issues on google and cant seem to find much besides newer civic stuff. It just is odd that with headlights on that the switch where it says "CRUISE" will not stay lit and the fact that the on/off cycles are so consistent over a 15 minute period.:thinking:

so I guess a breakdown would be:

Car: 1995 Civic LX
Issue: Intermittent blinking of CRUISE lighting and non functioning indicator
Attempts at fixing: Nothing yet; will try tomorrow

Thanks for any help in advance