PDA

View Full Version : AMA ROAD ATLANTA THIS WEEKEND! WHO WILL BE THERE?

5speed
04-11-2010, 09:37 PM
I hopefully should be working there Friday and Sunday in Turn 10, just before the Suzuki Bridge. I feel I need to show the Corner Marshals that have been working that turn for the past 2 years how to do the damn job.

Elbow
04-11-2010, 09:41 PM
I'll be there Sunday maybe and possibly Friday spectating. Not working it this year.

I worked 10 one day my first year working AMA in 09 I think. Me no likey T10.

5speed
04-11-2010, 09:48 PM
I'll be there Sunday maybe and possibly Friday spectating. Not working it this year.

I worked 10 one day my first year working AMA in 09 I think. Me no likey T10.

You may have been one of the people I was yelling at when I was watching it on TV. I dont think so though, bc I remember 2 older guys that I couldn't really tell who they were. T10 is my favorite. I love all the action it gets.

David88vert
04-12-2010, 06:47 AM
I may make it. Having some house work done that may take the weekend. Since I have to get that done, I may have to stay home.

Elbow
04-12-2010, 06:53 AM
You may have been one of the people I was yelling at when I was watching it on TV. I dont think so though, bc I remember 2 older guys that I couldn't really tell who they were. T10 is my favorite. I love all the action it gets.

What was happening? lol

5speed
04-12-2010, 09:48 AM
The two guys were standing directly in the impact zone with a bike not even trying to move it. They just stood there with it staring at everyone hauling ass down 9A. Even the Scott Russel and another announcer was saying how bad it was. Riders later complained about it from what I heard. We put ourselves in the impact zone all the time for bikes but we sure as hell don't just stand there doing nothing.

Elbow
04-12-2010, 10:25 AM
The two guys were standing directly in the impact zone with a bike not even trying to move it. They just stood there with it staring at everyone hauling ass down 9A. Even the Scott Russel and another announcer was saying how bad it was. Riders later complained about it from what I heard. We put ourselves in the impact zone all the time for bikes but we sure as hell don't just stand there doing nothing.

Oh yeah I was there, they told us over the radio to stand there versus working on it since it was the second lap and I said I wanted to because it was fucking SICK lol. By far the best time ever at a bike event. LOL

The bike wouldn't move though, it was stuck in gear and stuck in the gravel so we called for a red flag. The rider ran away into the infield too injured. lol

5speed
04-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Oh yeah I was there, they told us over the radio to stand there versus working on it since it was the second lap and I said I wanted to because it was fucking SICK lol. By far the best time ever at a bike event. LOL

The bike wouldn't move though, it was stuck in gear and stuck in the gravel so we called for a red flag. The rider ran away into the infield too injured. lol

Really? Who told you to do that? Last year at WERA GNF we ran into that problem several times, but always got the bikes out. That is why you are supposed to have a tire strap. I love working with the people I am usually teamed up with. We get shit done. lol

Elbow
04-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Really? Who told you to do that? Last year at WERA GNF we ran into that problem several times, but always got the bikes out. That is why you are supposed to have a tire strap. I love working with the people I am usually teamed up with. We get shit done. lol

We had two tire straps as well. Not sure who over the radio we said it won't move and they said stop trying and wait as bikes are coming do we need to stop.

EJ25RUN
04-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Can't but i was at the Daytona 200 so i know i won't be missing much.

Series is still climbing out of the grave they dug last year.

5speed
04-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I know. WERA is getting better. Last weekend at TGPR was great. If you ever go to WERA races watch out for a 14yr old kid named Garret Gerloff. He was hanging in there with Ben Bostrom. That kid is going to be the next big thing.