PDA

View Full Version : General Chat question

deutshwise
04-11-2010, 01:15 PM
i didn't know exactly where to post this so please don't bash to hard if it's in the wrong section.
anyways i wanted to get your input on this. i have pretty bad nerve damage in my left arm which caused me to sell my old gti 6 speed. now i drive an automatic mercedes but i am looking into buying a sporty car that is an automatic since i cant drive a stick shift anymore. any suggestions on good automatic sport cars
thank you

SeePlusPlus
04-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Can you use paddle shifters?

deutshwise
04-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Can you use paddle shifters?
no i can't.

ninjabananna
04-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Get something with a lot of torque and add boost to it should be fun for someone who's forced to drive an automatic. something with nice acceleration but not too much horsepower.
and ill suggest sticking with a FWD or 4WD to be on the safe side since u can only use one hand to steer preety much, cause you won't have both hands to keep that rear end in check if you ever spin out.

Boosted auto nissan maxima's (i know its not a sports car but it has power) and lots of supported aftermarket parts
The Mazda 6, is also really beafy and has turbo application with AWD.

before i continue you might not want to pick a pure sports car but rather try to find luxury cars with sport applications and after-market support!

I think that will be your best bet just because luxury cars are made for easy driving and comfort, so it will be more than likely easier to drive than the average sports car,
but you can still get sport car like qualities out of it.