PDA

View Full Version : Transmission issue need help anyone ????

LightsOut
04-11-2010, 11:53 AM
K my automatic transmission is fucking up idk y? I replaced everything with new parts. I sold my manual tranny for money to get parts seeing I need a new clutch for it an Dnt have money.... So the transmission has revers and goes into drive but goes stay n... It goes n and out never stays n for 2secs... It pop n an out .. Idk what's wrong anyone?

KodyH
04-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Wait..you sold the manual, which only needed a clutch, for parts on one you have no idea about? You should have done that the other way around...

NinjaHobo
04-11-2010, 02:01 PM
is the transmission for your galant?? if so, you would have been much better keeping the manual tranny as the auto trannys from what i heard are crap. you could have tons of things that are going wrong if it wont stay in gear, make sure you got enough ATF in it, make sure the fluid pump is working on the tranny, check the gear linkage, and your torque converter to check a few simple issues...

LightsOut
04-11-2010, 05:42 PM
I have checked all that... Each day it somethings new.... Manual is a stage3clutch in to poor for it an I have parts for my auto... Idk it's confusing me an none the galant sites are anyhelp... I torn the tranny apart over 5timea now each time I find something new if u c my thread with the pics n it

nismo_92
04-11-2010, 09:23 PM
i wish i could help bro
good luck

lovinmydodge
04-12-2010, 06:49 PM
ok its an auto that your putting in? and did your ride come factory with a man or with an auto? reason why I ask is because with 95% of tranny's they are vaccume powered for keeping gears into place. I know when I rebuilt the trans for my mustang I didn't have the vac line hooked up correctly and when i drove it, I had to drop the trans down to 2nd gear or L2 so that it would get out of 1st. and then if I slammed on the brakes it would drop out of gear, And I had to make sure once in gear I never dropped below 1000 rpms. if I did it would drop out of gear. *(got that fixed very quickly)

NinjaHobo
04-12-2010, 11:17 PM
yea... i haven't a clue man. i was just throwing some typical things that go wrong out there. of course you could always be the exception and have something completely different and unique wrong with your tranny... i hope you figure it out... it really is a pain to have a car with a crazy auto tranny you just cant seem to fix. i've had a similar issue which i solved by just getting a manual trans and it saved me a little headache time

lovinmydodge
04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
you could have a really screwed up torque converter.... lol

BlkCD5
04-14-2010, 08:24 PM
possibly the shift solenoid has gone bad or the clutch packs. What type of fluid did you use and how long has it been since you replaced the parts?

LightsOut
04-14-2010, 10:48 PM
I found the issue but now I'm peaking fluids idk where from it does it when it wants to......

NinjaHobo
04-14-2010, 11:29 PM
well... check all your seals and gaskets and make sure every bolt is tight... thats pretty much all you can do, unless you got a hole on your tranny

NinjaHobo
04-14-2010, 11:30 PM
and what was the issue btw??