PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Questions about cops/laws

00Civic
04-11-2010, 02:09 AM
So, since I just moved back to Georgia, I was wondering about my New York plates

I'm thinking I'll just keep them on my car for another year or so, til my registration runs out. I currently have tints on my car ( 35% ) and no exhaust ( it cracked )

Would cops have jurisdiction to give me a ticket for the exhaust or window tints? I wasn't sure if they would be able to , since I'm an " out of stater ".

Any thoughts/comments are appreciated. Thanks!

quickdodgeŽ
04-11-2010, 02:14 AM
If you get pulled over, you'll get cited for not registering your car here within 30 days of moving here. Also, you're not an "out of stater" if you live here so you'll get an exhaust ticket. Your window tint it legal here. Later, QD.

Got Milk?
04-11-2010, 11:48 AM
You have 30 days to get a GA tag. And not many cops care about exhausts, I've had 10 cars running open headers and never got a ticket. What county? And 35% is legal here.

quickdodgeŽ
04-11-2010, 12:25 PM
And not many cops care about exhausts, I've had 10 cars running open headers and never got a ticket.

Can't really use your experiences to judge everyone else, you know. "Not many" still leaves some. I'd prefer to be legal just to eliminate ALL of them. Later, QD.