PDA

View Full Version : Project fix the mitsubitchy

LightsOut
04-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Day 1-2 dint find nothing wrng with the cylinods or linkage or side clutches
day 3.. Trans out this wht I found before Casey an ed show up to distract me lol jk
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w104/mlightsout/6ddab786.jpghttp://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w104/mlightsout/9eebafd3.jpg

day 4 I put it back together an doesn't work somthing fucked up big time an messed up a new torcconverter
day 5 after puting new everything n still nothing pull the torconverter out see the shaft an saw a bearing was broke after further look this what I found
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w104/mlightsout/62e8280b.jpg
day 6 get revers but it won't stay n gear idk WTF I wrong I'm done this shit ATM I gotta call off work 2morrow so I can fix it another 100+ gone :-(

allmotorEJ8
04-10-2010, 07:27 AM
5spd swap?

Motivation
04-10-2010, 12:07 PM
wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait... All this talk about people being bitches if they had an automatic transmission before... and now I see this picture............. Hmmmm... tsk tsk tsk

Okie_doke.
04-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Automagic.....FTW!!!

LightsOut
04-10-2010, 03:26 PM
? I never said ppl are bitchs for autos my 5speed tranny is out 2 waiting for stage 2 clutch an boost again... It is auto :-( an I hate it so much

lovinmydodge
04-12-2010, 06:43 PM
lol all you guy's talking about autos being crap... lol dude in 15 years, NO one will make a man trans, but a dbl clutch paddle shift or shift-able auto trans.

and honestly I'd rock the paddle's more than the floor shifter,

Don't get me wrong I love shifting my own gears, but the paddle's are 5 times better. and In one of those rides you can shift around ppl trying to drive a regular manual trans.

KodyH
04-12-2010, 06:50 PM
lol all you guy's talking about autos being crap... lol dude in 15 years, NO one will make a man trans, but a dbl clutch paddle shift or shift-able auto trans.

and honestly I'd rock the paddle's more than the floor shifter,

Don't get me wrong I love shifting my own gears, but the paddle's are 5 times better. and In one of those rides you can shift around ppl trying to drive a regular manual trans.

I don't buy this. Manual will last as long as cars do, maybe not by the manufacturer, but someone will make them.

I do agree about paddle shifters, although you have no room for error.

lovinmydodge
04-12-2010, 06:54 PM
lol as long as the person driving the car knows that the car cant just drive at a redline,lol but yeah, look at mazda they are starting to make the auto trans thats shiftable, and its factory, and ford is jumping onboard, I was reading a car and driver a few days ago and the big3 are saying that by 2025 there will be almost no stick shift vehicles. it will all be double clutch paddle or auto shift trans.

NinjaHobo
04-12-2010, 11:11 PM
you right, the art of manually shifting gears is slowly dying out... a lot of people nowadays dont know how to drive a manual 5 or 6 spd car. so it would be only natural for car companies to follow the trend in the cars they make. im not really a fan of the paddle shifters, i think they could still use some fine tuning for low speed stop and go driving. they aren't quite that smooth in that area.

KodyH
04-12-2010, 11:18 PM
you right, the art of manually shifting gears is slowly dying out... a lot of people nowadays dont know how to drive a manual 5 or 6 spd car. so it would be only natural for car companies to follow the trend in the cars they make. im not really a fan of the paddle shifters, i think they could still use some fine tuning for low speed stop and go driving. they aren't quite that smooth in that area.

Only in America. The rest of the world is still full of real men and women.

NinjaHobo
04-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Only in America. The rest of the world is still full of real men and women.

Dude thats no lie!! Americans are getting lazier by the second. its no wonder why ppl from other nations have the image of the fat american....

KodyH
04-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Dude thats no lie!! Americans are getting lazier by the second. its no wonder why ppl from other nations have the image of the fat american....

Aye. Truer words have never been spoken boy-o

BluJean
04-13-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm with Kody and Ninjahobo on this one. Hell I learned how to drive on a manual. Hell my mom had a Dodge caravan manual trans, and thats wht I went and passed my drivers license test on!!!

NinjaHobo
04-13-2010, 10:18 AM
im to skinny to be labeled as a fat american. so learning to drive a stick was a necessity lol. it would seem that the only people that are interested in manual transmissions are car enthusiasts and people interested in cheaper cars lol. manual transmission = cost efficient

KodyH
04-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Next step for everyone is to learn to drive RHD! :goodjob: