PDA

View Full Version : window tint need help

egbrandon
04-09-2010, 02:10 PM
im thinking of untinting my windows on my eg but theres no back seat or panels and the floorboard is paint flat black
will it fade the flat black if i have no tint?
the tint is 5% on the rear and 2 side windows idk what the drive and passenger is

egbrandon
04-11-2010, 09:12 PM
no one has any advice?

BlkCD5
04-14-2010, 10:19 AM
if it does fade, it'll take years of sunlight exposure.

AnthonyF
04-14-2010, 10:20 AM
^Exactly. it's not going to happen overnight. It will take many years of baking in the sun.

-Ant.

egbrandon
04-19-2010, 09:44 AM
if it does fade, it'll take years of sunlight exposure.
alright should i go with no tint or just get a lighter tint?
whats a the lighter one below 5%

tK FuRy
04-19-2010, 10:04 AM
I would go with a lighter tint, since it will keep some of those rays from heating up the floor board.

egbrandon
04-19-2010, 10:41 AM
I would go with a lighter tint, since it will keep some of those rays from heating up the floor board.
what would be a good tint?
i also dont wanna fade the new bride seats i just put in

slimm
04-19-2010, 11:06 AM
i prefer 20%. ive had it on all of my cars.

AnthonyF
04-19-2010, 11:46 AM
alright should i go with no tint or just get a lighter tint?
whats a the lighter one below 5%

You do know that the less percentage equals a darker tint, right? 5% means the tint only allows 5% of light through. There is nothing below that OTHER than layering it twice or having factory dipped window tint and tinting the window 5%. 32% is legal in GA. Most people do a 25% on Sports cars b/c 20% looks pretty dark on most cars. If you have a light interior (grey/white) the lighter the tint will look from the outside so you'd be able to get away with 20%.

-Ant.

slimm
04-19-2010, 11:54 AM
You do know that the less percentage equals a darker tint, right? 5% means the tint only allows 5% of light through. There is nothing below that OTHER than layering it twice or having factory dipped window tint and tinting the window 5%. 32% is legal in GA. Most people do a 25% on Sports cars b/c 20% looks pretty dark on most cars. If you have a light interior (grey/white) the lighter the tint will look from the outside so you'd be able to get away with 20%.

-Ant.

theres one level below 5%; 2% is darker, but hell, you cant shit!!! cant look in and can barely see out from inside the car!

egbrandon
04-19-2010, 01:42 PM

-Ant.

alright thanks sorry for typeing it wrong i ment to but a higher tint
so 20% all around on my eg would look good?