PDA

View Full Version : I thought i would never post here but here it goes. .

preferredduck
04-08-2010, 02:40 AM
i have noticed since my g/f has her car now that i have a lot of fuel burn. i have i/h/e, ctr cams, im manifold and a few other things. i am still running the stock obd-2b ecu and never really had this problem before. i do have a hollowed out cat but that happened a year ago. i have my fuel pressure set to the minimum that i can run for my car in the repair manual. i'm not sure where my timing is since the guy who put my cams in set all of this. now i turned my FP down to the bottom end and atleast the car doesn;r stumble and bumble when i let off the gas and acceleration seems a lot smoother than it used to. the car came with i air/fuel meter but it's not wideband but i was told that when i punch it that neter should read that it is stoich, am i correct. my last set of plugs i took out seems to have ran rich ehnce i turned everything down. any suggestion guys because i am stumped. also i do use 93 octane and have never ever ever ever ran anything less throught it, even my g/f knows this. any help would not hurt at all. i am going to check the timing tomorrow and make sure it is still 16-18 degress btc. thanks in advance everyone!!!

Black4DrEK
04-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Last time changed fuel filter?

RBS
04-08-2010, 07:42 PM
i no understand

Starrfire
04-08-2010, 11:43 PM
go obd1, get it tuned.

SlowEG9
04-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Just open a gas station and never have to worry about gas prices :)

what kind of mileage are you getting out of it?

preferredduck
04-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Just open a gas station and never have to worry about gas prices :)

what kind of mileage are you getting out of it?

300/ tank with alot of highwat driving and it improved a little after turning down the fuel pressure.

i want to tune it, i have an obd-0 ecu i could use but i have no $$ right now to do it but i know my mileage will get better and i will have more power if i can get it tuned someday. i shoulda kept my p30.

Barefoot
04-20-2010, 03:53 PM
whats your idle like

preferredduck
04-20-2010, 11:32 PM
whats your idle like

7-750, i have not put my timing light on it in a while and i have no cat either but i should send you pics of the last set of plugs i pulled out it looked like it was running rich. i still have the plugs because i was baffled. i know not having a cat prob has some to do with it but not all of it, esp when i get 300 miles to a tank but i am highway driving at abt 80mph.

NOCLUE
04-22-2010, 03:32 AM
Last time changed fuel filter?

do this 2

preferredduck
04-22-2010, 02:20 PM
do this 2

i am, i ues a wix filter a while back and it's time to get another one for sure, i really need a ecu chip and tune though.