PDA

View Full Version : Random Finished Mountain Run Vid..CHECK IT

SpoolBus
11-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Hey guys..finally put together the footage from 10/30/05...Enjoy!

http://www.srt4btu.com/MountainRun.html

HiPSI
11-03-2005, 06:20 PM
holy slow website batman....

SpoolBus
11-03-2005, 06:23 PM
holy slow website batman....

Getting slammed from SRT Forums and Import Atl. Sorry :rolleyes:

HiPSI
11-03-2005, 06:24 PM
vid wouldn't even load after all that.... any chance of just putting the file up for download instead?

SpoolBus
11-03-2005, 06:33 PM
vid wouldn't even load after all that.... any chance of just putting the file up for download instead?

Humm Strange others have been watching with NP..I checked the site it's fine..its a 5 1/2 min vid so is long but loads fine w/cable ect.

The Ren
11-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Nice... you even raced two members of my car club.. the protoge and the gsx

SpoolBus
11-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Nice... you even raced two members of my car club.. the protoge and the gsx

Thanx..ya and both are great guys..good choices for the club :goodjob:

A.P. Photography
11-03-2005, 07:39 PM
nice vid man. Just curious but was it done twice? I watched it and then it wasn't even done and it started showing it agian. :thinking: Just wondering.

:goodjob: for the video. Wish you could have been behind us when we wrecked in the supra.

SpoolBus
11-03-2005, 07:45 PM
nice vid man. Just curious but was it done twice? I watched it and then it wasn't even done and it started showing it agian. :thinking: Just wondering.

:goodjob: for the video. Wish you could have been behind us when we wrecked in the supra.

Ya wish I could have seen the Supra ditch..as far as the Vid it posted twice on the same thread but it ends fine with the credits then blacks out..then starts again...didn't feel like uploadind it again cause it seems to be working fine...maybe the new editing software i'm using..it's the first vid with this new software..bugs to work out...glad you liked it! :goodjob:

Jehu
11-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Nice vid though quite jumpy. Too bad the groups didn't stay together more.

I think I'm going to try to download the rest of the video but it's all raw. I have no software (or talent) to compile a nice vid like yours. If I'm lucky, I can get some music on it...

b18hb
11-03-2005, 09:19 PM
i got caught w/o the door shut all the way... how embarrassing.

i wondered what ya'll were waiting on when we left the home depot.

Hondak20a3
11-03-2005, 09:20 PM
nice video man so what was done to the GSX?

SNapper
11-04-2005, 01:18 AM
you definatly could have made the quality better, what software are you useing?

Jehu
11-04-2005, 08:17 AM
While on the subject of software, what does everyone recommend that's cheap (or better yet, free!)?

HiPSI
11-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Humm Strange others have been watching with NP..I checked the site it's fine..its a 5 1/2 min vid so is long but loads fine w/cable ect.

i think it's a work firewall deal... some sites stream stuff fine, others don't :(

Jehu
11-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Can one of you video wizards hook up this vid (Deals Gap this past Aug) with some nice editing and music? I got a shot of the "contestants" in the very beginning. The last Prelude (3rd gen w/ kit) was behind us....somewhere!
http://www.teaminterlude.com/media/RotorToaster-05/Jason-Tommy_DealsGap.mpg

And here's the direct link to the vid in this post if you want to save it...
http://www.srt4btu.com/media/MountainRun_01.wmv

Maybe once I get all the vid from this past mountain run downloaded to my computer, someone might want to take that raw footage and make a nice video for me. Please please please! Maybe even take all the vid that was shot overall and make something. My vid has spots of nice runs but there were a lot of cars that got in the way to break it up after a few minutes...

XBLG20
11-04-2005, 10:40 AM
nice vid ... i wish i had more vids of my car going faster ... i was always worried about leaving someone in the group since we had so many ppl talling along .... thats why i hate leading

Jehu
11-04-2005, 10:45 AM
nice vid ... i wish i had more vids of my car going faster ... i was always worried about leaving someone in the group since we had so many ppl talling along .... thats why i hate leading
I know exactly what you're talking about. That's why I like that vid of me and a bud on Deals Gap. He was able to keep up close enough to keep me in the vid while we both went a bit faster than normal. But then again, the other 2 cars were not able to be in the picture. I have more of that vid where I was first but a car was between me and the video car so I winded up going way out of view.

Big groups are hard to please/do. We need to make sure we setup groups according to experience and car abilities and make sure that there is a vid car at the back (and/or front) of each pack to get a nice vid of everyone.

Maybe next time we'll put you and some other more experienced drivers together (weren't you the one talking about how slow you normally go on these though!) with a few vid takers so we can get some nice vid of several cars doing their thing driving hard in the mountains (it will still be challenging to get more than a few cars in a group all in the screen just because of all the turns where cars go out of site...maybe make the vid with the last car being the main vid and another cars video that's in the middle of the pack being in a picture in picture deal)...

Anyone know of software that will let you do the picture in picture thing? Anyone want to donate that to me? :goodjob:

XBLG20
11-04-2005, 10:55 AM
normally i drive like that last part of 180 where dudes brakes started smoking and everyone said slow down ... but I agree we need to be more organized next time and have groups and then have a set route like go 60 -> 180 -> 129

Jehu
11-04-2005, 11:48 AM
normally i drive like that last part of 180 where dudes brakes started smoking and everyone said slow down ... but I agree we need to be more organized next time and have groups and then have a set route like go 60 -> 180 -> 129
Jason (Speedminded) supposedly had the route covered but then left us at the BBQ. I didn't hear anything about heading out. Never got those cards of the route either...

Oh well!

Fr33way
11-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Yes! last car in the vid, haha

I agree that it should be organized to show more than 1-2 cars, the video doesn't capture how sweet (or how big) it looked in real life.

SpoolBus
11-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Yes! last car in the vid, haha

I agree that it should be organized to show more than 1-2 cars, the video doesn't capture how sweet (or how big) it looked in real life.

Ya I agree...but like what was said with all the crashes and probs. we all got to far apart for me to get everybody like I hoped..The software I used was "MAGIX" Movies/CD/DVD 05..when I converted the Video to MEDIA PLAYER it got alittle shakey..don't know why..and it takes along time to convert it then publish it so I just put it up rather than screw with it for another couple days....but thanks for all the positive feedback and NOV. 11 ATL. DRAGWAY..next venue for another VID.... :goodjob:

SilverJester
11-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Nice video, this one's going to be saved on my computer :goodjob: :goodjob: I really want to try messing around with video see what I can do but I'm always driving and it's kinda hard to get video when your doing that. Maybe I'll try and get video on the 11th too. Oh, and I'm up for another round whenever you are :D

SpoolBus
11-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Nice video, this one's going to be saved on my computer :goodjob: :goodjob: I really want to try messing around with video see what I can do but I'm always driving and it's kinda hard to get video when your doing that. Maybe I'll try and get video on the 11th too. Oh, and I'm up for another round whenever you are :D

Hey thanx man...so the 11th it is...... :goodjob:
just hope I don't break anything :eek:

UpSideDownDesi
11-06-2005, 09:54 PM
that Silver Miata with flat black hood, top and trunk with Rota on it.....who's that? Saw that car yesterday on 124 going into the Publix shopping center.

SilverJester
11-07-2005, 05:06 AM
Hey thanx man...so the 11th it is...... :goodjob:
just hope I don't break anything :eek:
Yeah me too, think I'm gonna baby the car until then. One more week, I dunno why but I'm reallt excited about going to the track...maybe because I haven't been all season

speedminded
11-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Jason (Speedminded) supposedly had the route covered but then left us at the BBQ. I didn't hear anything about heading out. Never got those cards of the route either...

Oh well!sucks cause i was riding bitch and everyone had someplace to be afterwards....another run coming up soon though..with me driving this time of course.

SpoolBus
11-07-2005, 08:12 PM
My neighbor was up there on that weekend with his brand new CBR900RR (we all saw him..he waved) well he crashed and totaled it that same day..I saw the bike and DAMN he rolled it and went off one of those cliffs..THAT DAY WAS CURSED..with all the bad SHIZZ that happened.. :crazy:

green91
11-08-2005, 06:25 PM
make a saturday run and im down.

Jehu
11-08-2005, 07:56 PM
make a saturday run and im down.
I'm with him...