PDA

View Full Version : So It's official: A Stock f22a1 can hold 310whp. (or 18psi)

Drummerboy
04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
So I installed my HKS EVC 5 Boost controller and decided to test it out. It was the actual "JDM" version, so it reads in Kpa. I was trying to figure out the conversion with my boost gauge. I was on an open stretch of I-20 and decided to get on it a little bit. I was watching the display on the EBC and didn't see the boost gauge until just passed 15psi (I normally run 10-12) At 18 I heard my rod hit the pavement and white smoke pour out of the hood.
The motor had 168k on it, so it was bound to happen, but the timing sucks.

I'm planning on buying and building an H23 this summer, looking to spend 3.5k. Anyone have any advice on whats the best parts to use for boost and still meet that price range (including buying the motor).

I want: Pistons, Rods, Cams, valves, mounts, injectors, main studs/head studs.

chaseamundo
04-06-2010, 02:52 PM
I dont understand. the f22 didnt hold up to the boost lol. but i def want to see a build thread on that h23

NEMO
04-14-2010, 11:28 AM
So I installed my HKS EVC 5 Boost controller and decided to test it out. It was the actual "JDM" version, so it reads in Kpa. I was trying to figure out the conversion with my boost gauge. I was on an open stretch of I-20 and decided to get on it a little bit. I was watching the display on the EBC and didn't see the boost gauge until just passed 15psi (I normally run 10-12) At 18 I heard my rod hit the pavement and white smoke pour out of the hood.
The motor had 168k on it, so it was bound to happen, but the timing sucks.

I'm planning on buying and building an H23 this summer, looking to spend 3.5k. Anyone have any advice on whats the best parts to use for boost and still meet that price range (including buying the motor).

I want: Pistons, Rods, Cams, valves, mounts, injectors, main studs/head studs.
pm accord pride. he has a sleeved h22 block i think he is trying to sell

kain
04-14-2010, 02:38 PM
so you just cranked up the boost and then came up with some mythical number. way to go.