PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Do cops hate imports?

Nemesis
04-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Well I was going to post this in the Whoreslounge, but I wanted fairly mature responses so Im posting in here.

Basically, what got me thinking this was, in the time ive owned 3 imports I had received more speeding tickets or violations than any domestic Ive owned. In the two years Ive owned my Mustang Ive had 0 tickets, and 5 warnings. Warnings for tint mostly, through almost any of the crappy counties and two GSP officers.

For instance, a couple weeks ago me and dwisforme05 were riding back from the track in my car, when all of a sudden I see blue lights fast approaching behind me. I proceed to pull over , roll my windows down, turn my interior lights on, shut my car off and put my hands on the steering wheel ( like I always do to make the cop feel at ease). He runs my information and tells me my tint is too dark and my tag tint is illegal. He takes my license, and goes back to his car for about 5-10 minutes. Thinking im F'ed with a ticket, he comes back, hands my information back and tells me " something weird came up in the system with another person with my name with no registered license and to get it checked out at the DMW", then he sent me on my way!!!

Second instance, Im leaving the exhaust shop last weekend and I give the installer a ride in my car. As im hopping on this road, I punch it in first, break second loose, and ease it into 3rd. Up the road about 300 feet I see this Cop parked on the side of the road with his windows down.... I KNOW he heard me (you can hear my shit miles away), yet when I drive by he gives me a nod and smile. WTF. :thinking:

Honestly, I seriously get the feeling that either the majority of cops hate import "tuners" out there. Anyone attest to that?

TougeGTR-33
04-05-2010, 10:10 AM
They really hate imports, the profile the shit out of em. I always have problems with em, and i drive very careful everywhere i go.

Nerdsrock22
04-05-2010, 10:13 AM
All I can share in anecdotes, but every time I've gotten pulled in my Honda's I've gotten a ticket, everytime in my S10's, I've gotten warnings.

I think there is a sense of good ole boy mindset in play. That is, they see a mustang punching it, and they think about their uncle's camaro, they see a bright blue Fit covered in stickers and assume I'm up to no good.

CHADbee
04-05-2010, 10:20 AM
imports=dumb kids that are hi jacking tractor trailers.

V8's=haaaaail fawkin yeeeah boi get'r'dun'd!!!!!

i know you wanted a mature responses but i think that what goes through a cops head when he see these types of automobile enthusiasts

allmotorEJ8
04-05-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm assuming they do. When I had my jeep (barely street legal) I never got pulled over for anything. When I got my last civic, I got pulled over. It was pretty much stock with a fart can on it, yet the jeep had no exhaust. Let's just say the civic led to a really bad night.

Elbow
04-05-2010, 10:22 AM
No, COPS don't hate "imports."

Do all black people love fried chicken? No.

Cops hate dumb fuck kids who drive stupid, usually those are driving ricer cars. I've NEVER had an issue with a cop because of my car, I've driven Honda race cars on the street with no tag and never even been pulled over. I drove my red E30 for three months with no tag and had plenty of cops behind me and not once was I pulled over.

I usually wave at cops and don't act like a scared or a "fuck da cops" person. This is typical stereotyping.

allmotorEJ8
04-05-2010, 10:27 AM

Cops hate dumb fuck kids who drive stupid, usually those are driving ricer cars. I've NEVER had an issue with a cop because of my car, I've driven Honda race cars on the street with no tag and never even been pulled over. I drove my red E30 for three months with no tag and had plenty of cops behind me and not once was I pulled over.

I usually wave at cops and don't act like a scared or a "fuck da cops" person. This is typical stereotyping.

I never drive like an idiot. The cop never gave me a reason why he pulled me over. I wasn't speeding, stopped completely at the stop sign, used my turn signals, and car was perfectly legal.

98blackcivic
04-05-2010, 10:28 AM
a few weeks ago @ the gwinnett thursday meets, we're all leaving and my buddy pulls out the parking lot and goes nuts with his cobra...as hes doing it, two cop cars pull in..they obviously saw/heard him spinning and peeling out of the parking lot but they didnt fuck wit him...lol he was so paranoid, we drove thru all the back roads trying to "lose them" in case they followed us...

anyways..we pulled of at a publix to cool off and had this conversation

Dirty Octopus™
04-05-2010, 10:31 AM
It's true. they do hate them. they hate anything unAmerican. Hell even cops of foreign decent hate them. For example i got pulled over by a KoreanAmerican gentleman one day in my s10. But he just told me i needed a new rearview mirror and ignored the fact that i wasn't wearing my seatbelt (I heard that wasnt illegal anymore in trucks :dunno: )
But then i got pulled over by a MexicanAmerican gentleman while driving the Lexus and he warned me for having illegal tint after not even being clear on the tint laws himyoungmexicanself. Yeah. it is DEFINETELY safe to say that Cops have a distaste for imports.
Racing an import kills. Racing a domestic is just good ole American fun.

allmotorEJ8
04-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I forgot, I did get stopped in my jeep on 411 coming home from Tellico one evening. I was stopped by GSP for running 72 in a 55. I got a warning and was sent on my way with a "slow it down some and be safe".

gerardojdm
04-05-2010, 10:37 AM
imports=dumb kids that are hi jacking tractor trailers.

V8's=haaaaail fawkin yeeeah boi get'r'dun'd!!!!!

i know you wanted a mature responses but i think that what goes through a cops head when he see these types of automobile enthusiasts

Imports+Kidds= Stupidity..... They'll put a fart can muffler then drive around the 2nd gear revving high... I'm like "shit does your fu*king car have anymore gears you can use"

quickdodge®
04-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Honestly, I seriously get the feeling that either the majority of cops hate import "tuners" out there. Anyone attest to that?

You're asking a group of people that drive imports that think they do know wrong, George. The majority of the members claim to hate cops, but for reasons that they just make up to suit themselves. People on this site are NEVER in the wrong. Their tickets are NEVER because they did anything wrong. Their tickets are ALWAYS because they were profiled.

You're not going to get legit answers here. To say you were pulled over for no reason except that you drive a modified Honda Civic is stupid. Never mind the fact that you were doing 80 in a 55 or something.

My experience? I've never gotten pulled over or ticketed for anything that I didn't do. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Attitude places a HUGE role in your being detained. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
04-05-2010, 10:39 AM

+101. Later, QD.

allmotorEJ8
04-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Imports+Kidds= Stupidity..... They'll put a fart can muffler then drive around the 2nd gear revving high... I'm like "shit does your fu*king car have anymore gears you can use"

This is why they don't like imports here.

You're asking a group of people that drive imports that think they do know wrong, George. The majority of the members claim to hate cops, but for reasons that they just make up to suit themselves. People on this site are NEVER in the wrong. Their tickets are NEVER because they did anything wrong. Their tickets are ALWAYS because they were profiled.

You're not going to get legit answers here. To say you were pulled over for no reason except that you drive a modified Honda Civic is stupid. Never mind the fact that you were doing 80 in a 55 or something.

My experience? I've never gotten pulled over or ticketed for anything that I didn't do. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Attitude places a HUGE role in your being detained. Later, QD.

I've been pulled over for doing nothing, but what I was ticketed for I was guilty of. He had no reason to pull me over, he just got lucky after he did.

Elbow
04-05-2010, 10:46 AM
It's true. they do hate them. they hate anything unAmerican. Hell even cops of foreign decent hate them. For example i got pulled over by a KoreanAmerican gentleman one day in my s10. But he just told me i needed a new rearview mirror and ignored the fact that i wasn't wearing my seatbelt (I heard that wasnt illegal anymore in trucks :dunno: )
But then i got pulled over by a MexicanAmerican gentleman while driving the Lexus and he warned me for having illegal tint after not even being clear on the tint laws himyoungmexicanself. Yeah. it is DEFINETELY safe to say that Cops have a distaste for imports.
Racing an import kills. Racing a domestic is just good ole American fun.

What you just said may stick as the dumbest post in this thread.

Anyone who says COPS hate imports is a TRUE FUCKING IDIOT. Cops are not all related, they all have different ways of doing things, some cops may be dicks, I can agree with that I've met them, but not ALL cops hate imports or even the majority.

zero-60
04-05-2010, 10:53 AM
i think most of it is profiling modified imports. more "go fast" parts, the more likely they will commit a ticket-able offense. i think the mindset is kind of like (mine sometimes is too)...modified import = punk kid doing something stupid or showing off; modded muscle = more mature, older, just having some fun with better judgement. i know it isn't usually the case, but I think we can blame the F&F movies for the influx of stupid kid "racers" and this mentality.

quickdodge®
04-05-2010, 10:54 AM
I've been pulled over for doing nothing,

Sorry, dude, but I'm not buying that. After you hear this "reasoning" for so long, you just tune it out. Later, QD.

KodyH
04-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I can't say they hate imports. They hate ignorant people. Yeah, I've gotten odd tickets, but it was always my fault. I've gotten tickets for shit i should have went to jail for (ie. 93 in a 30). Cops are just doing their job. If you get pulled over, you were doing something wrong. Yeah, I'm not a fan of them, but it has nothing to do with cars.

5speed
04-05-2010, 11:16 AM
I never had a problem in my Civic or Camaro. I have done the same thing as Simon and ride around without a tag even when it is overdue. Every time a police officer pulled up next to me at a light and ask about it, I would say I just bought it. No problem ever. The only time I ever got a ticket was in my fiance's Spectra, and I deserved it. This is from driving in BFE, GA to everywhere else in this state, to BFE, AL and TN mountains.

HypnoToad
04-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I was pulled over many time in my camaro for nothing and by nothing I mean,They said I fit the profile of a car they were looking for and for being out aftermidnight,ofcourse nothing came of these stops. They were just looking for anything they could,imo.

But ofcourse I have broke the law and was ticketed before,which I have no excuses.

And my city was on the news not long ago for getting in trouble for telling officers if they don't write tickets they would be fired.

KodyH
04-05-2010, 11:34 AM
I was pulled over many time in my camaro for nothing and by nothing I mean,They said I fit the profile of a car they were looking for and for being out aftermidnight.

Hmm, nothing you did wrong, but like I said, they were just doing their jobs.

MINI
04-05-2010, 12:02 PM
I think they let me slide sometimes because I drive a MINI. I think they associate them with old people lol

I think I can get away with HIDs too.

RL...
04-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Well I was going to post this in the Whoreslounge, but I wanted fairly mature responses so Im posting in here.

Basically, what got me thinking this was, in the time ive owned 3 imports I had received more speeding tickets or violations than any domestic Ive owned. In the two years Ive owned my Mustang Ive had 0 tickets, and 5 warnings. Warnings for tint mostly, through almost any of the crappy counties and two GSP officers.

For instance, a couple weeks ago me and dwisforme05 were riding back from the track in my car, when all of a sudden I see blue lights fast approaching behind me. I proceed to pull over , roll my windows down, turn my interior lights on, shut my car off and put my hands on the steering wheel ( like I always do to make the cop feel at ease). He runs my information and tells me my tint is too dark and my tag tint is illegal. He takes my license, and goes back to his car for about 5-10 minutes. Thinking im F'ed with a ticket, he comes back, hands my information back and tells me " something weird came up in the system with another person with my name with no registered license and to get it checked out at the DMW", then he sent me on my way!!!

Second instance, Im leaving the exhaust shop last weekend and I give the installer a ride in my car. As im hopping on this road, I punch it in first, break second loose, and ease it into 3rd. Up the road about 300 feet I see this Cop parked on the side of the road with his windows down.... I KNOW he heard me (you can hear my shit miles away), yet when I drive by he gives me a nod and smile. WTF. :thinking:

I have similar experiences and yes, I really do think the give domestics more slack....we are in the south and ga was one of the last states to abolish slavery so....enough said

KodyH
04-05-2010, 02:07 PM
I have similar experiences and yes, I really do think the give domestics more slack....we are in the south and ga was one of the last states to abolish slavery so....enough said

What does slavery have to do with import cars??

Sunkenkarma
04-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Cops around where I live IMO, hate domestics alot more than imports, I got killed with tickets when I was In my jeep, but I havent received one in the rx7, never even been pulled over in it, and Ive driving it more than the jeep, and go alot faster. It seems anytime I even talk to a cop, like going through road blocks and stuff, they all have the same statement about my car " Oh thats one of them rotaries! I used to have one of those (or something simillar)" So I think the rx7 is actually a cop safe import. =D

Everytime I see people race, and get stopped IE: Mustang vs civic, Camaro vs 240, Domestic always gets pulled over instead of the rice.

tdurr
04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Sorry, dude, but I'm not buying that. After you hear this "reasoning" for so long, you just tune it out. Later, QD.

as much as i respect you this is a false statement. Cops do not have to have a "real" reason to pull you over. They can make one up after they pull you over and find something. now i cant say that I have been pulled over for no reason, every time there as been a legit reason for me being stopped. Might not have been a good one(in my mind) but hey shit happens.

but back to the original statement, Cops do have suspect import cars that are modified to be more prone to illegal activities. I did some research for school a few weeks ago and found out that some counties do have a task force that targets modified cars specifically and look for illegal things done to the car or watch them more closely as they are driving. Its up to each cop to decide what he deems is modified for "speed".
but now im just ranting.. blah blah, nemesis, they dont like imports as much as american cars(usually)

tdurr
04-05-2010, 02:54 PM

that is one of the most basic lies the cop can give you for pulling you over. They don't have to prove that they were looking for a car that fits the description of your even if you ask them and there is no real record if they were looking for a car or not.

tdurr
04-05-2010, 02:55 PM

that is one of the most basic lies the cop can give you for pulling you over. They don't have to prove that they were looking for a car that fits the description of your even if you ask them and there is no real record if they were looking for a car or not.

Drummerboy
04-05-2010, 02:59 PM
I feel safer driving my Sonoma 10mph over the speed limit than my Prelude. But then again, I got pulled over in my driveway in the sonoma.

djpikachu1
04-05-2010, 03:23 PM
You know that saying that goes "Its not the car its the driver" well thats how i look at it in a way. It doesnt matter what the fuck you drive, its how you drive! Do you really think the police officer is going to give you a break if you drive a Mustang or a Civic? Domestic or Foreign? You broke the law, YOU decided to drive over the limit.

ct9a gsr
04-05-2010, 04:25 PM
I haven't had enough experience in my domestic yet... but perhaps I'll report back in after a few more months of driving it... :D

teh_mugen18
04-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Personally. I think it depends on the way the car is modified, and the way the driver drives. Because, me personally, i've had my Integra for 2 years and when I first got it, I went ahead and slammed it, ordered a custom tag that took the state 3months to make, and I also went and threw a fartcannon on it. Sure, they sent me a legitimate temporary tag to put in the rear window but still left me VERY vulnerable to constantly getting stopped. I actually stopped counting after the 15th time. Its gotten warnings for loud exhaust, tinted tails, and even being too low once.

Prior to that, i recently went and put a ''real'' muffler on my car which made it MUCH quieter, raised it up a bit, and made it far more conservative looking and sounding; I Haven't been messed with ONCE since then. lol.

ash7
04-05-2010, 05:59 PM
After the time i was minding my own business, washing my car at the car wash - and got put into cuffs "for my own safety" (according to the officers that pulled up right out of the street) - i realized that cops just make up whatever they want and call it a "reason" for their doings.

(they apologized and let me go after about ten minutes, after me threatening to file a suit if they could not validate a reason for my arrest. Turns out they were looking for a guy with a car like mine...)
-jonathan

allmotorEJ8
04-05-2010, 06:02 PM

I understand you don't believe me, but if you would have been in the car you would agree.

fivex684
04-05-2010, 06:30 PM
I notice cops run the tag on my Integra damn near every time I drive it; where as it never happens in the Volvo. Although the Volvo is just as loud and low as the Integra. It's not a "hate" it's just good ol' fashioned profiling.

tdurr
04-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I notice cops run the tag on my Integra damn near every time I drive it; where as it never happens in the Volvo. Although the Volvo is just as loud and low as the Integra. It's not a "hate" it's just good ol' fashioned profiling.

we have a winner.

ChnkyLao
04-05-2010, 07:37 PM
waiting at a red light with no cars behind me, a cop passes by me looks at me and does a u turn and goes right behind me. Then follows me for 10 minutes even though im driving slower than the traffic. My sc400 is stock except for the rims, its not been lowered, no fart can, no tint, nothing, and yet i got followed?

other than that everytime ive been puled over was because of speeding,

KodyH
04-05-2010, 09:02 PM
waiting at a red light with no cars behind me, a cop passes by me looks at me and does a u turn and goes right behind me. Then follows me for 10 minutes even though im driving slower than the traffic. My sc400 is stock except for the rims, its not been lowered, no fart can, no tint, nothing, and yet i got followed?

other than that everytime ive been puled over was because of speeding,

He thought you were cute.

tnomud
04-05-2010, 09:48 PM
I never get hassled in my dually or my M3..............

tnomud
04-05-2010, 09:51 PM
What does slavery have to do with import cars??

You have never owned a DSM or BMW, have you? :lmfao:

quickdodge®
04-06-2010, 03:24 AM
as much as i respect you this is a false statement.

I don't believe so.

I understand you don't believe me, but if you would have been in the car you would agree.

I don't know, man. Some people think they got pulled over for no reason when there was actually a reason. A lot of people have no idea that half the mods they buy for their cars are illegal to use on the street. SO they think they get pulled over for no reason because they don't know their add-ons aren't technically supposed to be on street driven cars.

we have a winner.

WHERE!!! I didn't see one.

Ohhhhh. You were referring to the tired old "profiling" excuse, lolol. Later, QD.

300zx1990tt
04-06-2010, 03:43 AM
i think cops profile any 'riced out' car weather it be a civic or a v6 mustang. All cops ive met have told me how much they love z's blah blah. not all imports are the same. the question isnt domestic or import, rather then integrity and build quality of the car

The Creeper
04-06-2010, 04:03 AM
From my experiences, I have had better luck in domestics. My first car when I was 16 was a '79 Trans Am. It was obnoxious, stood out, and had a nice "Look at me" smokey and the bandit paint job. I got pulled over in that two weeks after I got my license. 24mph in woodstock. Cop let me go with a warning. That was the only time I ever got pulled over in that for about a year and a half. Next car was a Piece of shit ca18det 240sx. Second day driving it I got pulled over doing 25mph over, but he marked it down to 14mph over. I also got caught "racing on the highway" in it. I was not actually racing on the highway, but driving really fast with a group of friends. Dangerous; yes. Speeding; fuck yes. Racing; No. I got a deal when I went to court and it was dropped to driving too fast for conditions. Next car was a GTO. I got pulled over a handful of times in it, but no tickets. Cops always gave me warnings. No I drive a c5z, and have been pulled over once. I was going 5omph over the limit. I also didn't have my license with me(went for a short drive and left it at home). The cop had mercy on my soul and gave me a ticket for 14mph over. I was shocked. He said he was glad I pulled over as soon as he flipped his lights on( the cop was traveling opposite direction) and I seem like a good kid. I don't know if it's because I am lucky, or that I am a respectful kid to cops, or it's because they like my cars. What I do know is the 240 was shit luck. Among all the cars, I drove them all pretty hard, often speeding, but usually staying under 15mph over. I have also never wrecked a car. Maybe I am lucky?

Dirty Octopus™
04-06-2010, 07:23 AM
What you just said may stick as the dumbest post in this thread.

Anyone who says COPS hate imports is a TRUE FUCKING IDIOT. Cops are not all related, they all have different ways of doing things, some cops may be dicks, I can agree with that I've met them, but not ALL cops hate imports or even the majority.

That's impossible. Cuz im not dumb. real talk. plus i never said the majority. i gave an example of a minority cop pulling me over.

Shift_2WIN
04-06-2010, 07:33 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=7305573 Take a look at this video....even though this particular story is in NYC, it happens everywhere, and SOME police DO in fact pull over for no reason just to meet their quota. Cops telling their friends that quotas dont exist is bullshit. Of course they are going to tell you they dont exist, its illegal, they arent going to let that secret out. That being said, im sure SOME do pull over imports and people in general for no reason, but its just some cops not all. Some cops hate all performance cars, regardless of its origins.

ilovemyhonda.
04-06-2010, 07:57 AM
I have been pulled over in my stock Civic, and everytime they had a legit reason to pull me over. Was I happy? Of course not. You can only speed so many times, before your luck evenutally runs out. I don't think it is really based on what you drive, but how you are driving. I do think that the more a car stands out, the more a cop might notice you. Also, I am sure some cops will pull people over without a legit reason and then try to find a reason once pulled over, I have seen this before, but still you must have done something to get noticed in order to be pulled over. Some cops take there job more seriously then others and will pull people over for small things, as opposed to other cops who don't pull people over unless it's something big. Don't drive like and idiot and bring attention to yourself and do things you shouldn't be doing unless YOU are prepared to pay the consequences. I speed occasionally when I don't have my child in the car, and I don't always use my turn signals, and I am not a perfect driver, however if I get pulled over for not following the laws, then I own up to my actions. I may complain, because I don't want to own up, but I was in the wrong, not the cop. I am always prepared for the consquences if I get caught. But I never owned a domestic, so I can't really answer the question from personal experience.

Shift_2WIN
04-06-2010, 08:05 AM
I have been pulled over in my stock Civic, and everytime they had a legit reason to pull me over. Was I happy? Of course not. You can only speed so many times, before your luck evenutally runs out. I don't think it is really based on what you drive, but how you are driving. I do think that the more a car stands out, the more a cop might notice you. Also, I am sure some cops will pull people over without a legit reason and then try to find a reason once pulled over, I have seen this before, but still you must have done something to get noticed in order to be pulled over. Some cops take there job more seriously then others and will pull people over for small things, as opposed to other cops who don't pull people over unless it's something big. Don't drive like and idiot and bring attention to yourself and do things you shouldn't be doing unless YOU are prepared to pay the consequences. I speed occasionally when I don't have my child in the car, and I don't always use my turn signals, and I am not a perfect driver, however if I get pulled over for not following the laws, then I own up to my actions. I may complain, because I don't want to own up, but I was in the wrong, not the cop. I am always prepared for the consquences if I get caught. But I never owned a domestic, so I can't really answer the question from personal experience.
Wrong. I've been pulled over for being in a neighborhood the police didnt think I should be in. I did nothing wrong. They had no reason to stop me nor did I bring any attention to myself.

integra938
04-06-2010, 08:17 AM
When i had my integra i got pulled over 6 times in one month,and i was not given a ticket any of those 6 times. Marietta police FTW.I dont think it's the fact you drive a import car,its that you drive a modified car.Here i s my old integra.http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/373/myoldintegra.jpg

Bright ass H.I.D headlights and loud ass catback makes you scream LOOK AT ME !!!!!!:police:
Since i have had my 350z i have not been pulled over or tailed once.But i bet when i put my catback and wheels on it i will get fucked with.its just not imports becase my buddy who has a cobra running stright pipes gets pulled over a lot.

ilovemyhonda.
04-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Wrong. I've been pulled over for being in a neighborhood the police didnt think I should be in. I did nothing wrong. They had no reason to stop me nor did I bring any attention to myself.

You got pulled over because you were in a neighborhood they thought you shouldn't be in...that means you were noticed..

C-loS109
04-06-2010, 08:29 AM
lots of tickets with my civic... 0 tickets with my 66 mustang... im guessing its true

ilovemyhonda.
04-06-2010, 08:35 AM
lots of tickets with my civic... 0 tickets with my 66 mustang... im guessing its true

you were a ricer in the civic that's why :ninja:

1CleanEg
04-06-2010, 08:37 AM
i have to agree that do they do profile imports a little more. I have pulled out my neighborhood in lawrenceville on many occasions which is right next to a school, and a cop has followed me for no reaason and just turns off eventually. ALso got pulled over while riding with my friend in his DA turning into his complex in Grayson for no reason. He called for backup and made us get out the car, did a pat down, and had his backup search our entire car. Asked if we lived in the neighborhood (which is a pretty nice one btw), tries to have small talk about jamaican food b/c we are both jamaican, then lets us go saying "U didnt have on ur turn signal before u got in the lane"????

integra938
04-06-2010, 08:42 AM
You got pulled over because you were in a neighborhood they thought you shouldn't be in...that means you were noticed..

So is it illegal or a crime to be noticed? i could understand if he was driving funny like circling the neighborhood a few times .. or creeping threw real slow.. but just driving come on.I cant count the times i have been pulled over on franklin road, just for being on franklin road.:police:(Cop said ) "Sir do you know you are in a known drug haven",And i said Well maybe you should go arrest the drug dealers. Because i just came from the Qt i had to get gas....:lmfao:

ilovemyhonda.
04-06-2010, 08:47 AM
So is it illegal or a crime to be noticed? i could understand if he was driving funny like circling the neighborhood a few times .. or creeping threw real slow.. but just driving
come on.I cant count the times i have been pulled over on franklin road just for being on franklin road.:police:(Cop said ) "Sir do you know you are in a known drug haven",And i said Well maybe you should go arrest the drug dealers. Because i just came from the Qt to i had to get gas....:lmfao:

I mean we weren't there he could be leaving part of the story out. I HAVE NEVER BEEN PULLED OVER, just because. I had an expired tag, I got pulled over. I was speeding, I got pulled over. I did something wrong all the times I got pulled over. Well if you watch cops you would see if your in a known drug area a lot of people get pulled over for being in the area..hold on..I am at work and sleep as fuck.. I know what I want to say but I am to sleepy to think of how to put it into words..

integra938
04-06-2010, 08:49 AM
ilovemyhonda what do you drive ?

ilovemyhonda.
04-06-2010, 08:53 AM
a 99 civic..I have 25% tint and hids at the moment..if i could find someone to help i will be lowered with fog lights si spoiler and ctr lip :(

integra938
04-06-2010, 08:53 AM
I have only had 1 ticket my whole life and it was for failure to come to a complete stop at a stop sight(because my car rolled back a lil.

allmotorEJ8
04-06-2010, 09:07 AM
I don't know, man. Some people think they got pulled over for no reason when there was actually a reason. A lot of people have no idea that half the mods they buy for their cars are illegal to use on the street. SO they think they get pulled over for no reason because they don't know their add-ons aren't technically supposed to be on street driven cars.

Well the car wasn't illegal due to mods that's for sure. The funny thing is that he never told me why he pulled me over, even on the court date. Like I said before, he got lucky after he stopped me. I had left my wallet in my jeep that evening, and one thing led to another. Here is what the civic looked like at the time.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss246/Sedanman97/100_2147-1.jpg

ilovemyhonda.
04-06-2010, 09:10 AM
I got a loitering ticket once because the cop was being a complete jerk. Me and a friend were leaving a club. We stopped at the QT gas station down the street to get drinks and a snack just as everyone does. I parked in the parking space on the side not even in the front close to the door and afterwards we were sitting outside near my car eating and talking to a friend who parked next to me and the cop came over and said we had to leave because we have been there to long so I said ok. I couldnt find my phone and I have a child so I was freaking out in case my dad needed to call me or something so it was important that I found my phone before I left. So I asked my friend to call my phone. Right as I found it and got in the car to leave, he said I asked you to leave 5 minutes ago now give me your driver's license. So I gave it to him and he wrote me a loitering ticket.

Nguyen128
04-06-2010, 09:20 AM
So is it illegal or a crime to be noticed? i could understand if he was driving funny like circling the neighborhood a few times .. or creeping threw real slow.. but just driving come on.I cant count the times i have been pulled over on franklin road, just for being on franklin road.:police:(Cop said ) "Sir do you know you are in a known drug haven",And i said Well maybe you should go arrest the drug dealers. Because i just came from the Qt i had to get gas....:lmfao:

cops don't even try to pull you over on franklin unless they have backup.

ilovemyhonda.
04-06-2010, 09:22 AM
I been on Franklin RD before. I had to stop at an atm in a parking lot. I was scared to death ! :(

XanRules
04-06-2010, 09:22 AM
you really can't generalize like this.
I'm not going to say that many police officers have a bias against import cars any more than anybody else - a lot of people have a very well-founded bias against the ricer mentality.

The fact of the matter is that Georgia cops are just poorly trained and poorly paid. Most of them are just stupid. I don't hate cops, but I do have a certain fear of them. It's unfortunate that anyone should feel like they have to fear law enforcement, but I've fought three tickets and won each time because of officer harassment. I think a reasonable person with that kind of history would have the same view on law enforcement officials.
Now, have I been pulled over for shit I was doing wrong? Absolutely.
But none of those left a bad taste in my mouth like the three instances of officer harassment.

thundercatz1
04-06-2010, 09:36 AM
I agree with you kind of. They will not mess with you if you have a nice mustang because they are regular guys just like you and me. They have hobbies and like cars as well. If your not an eyesore they will not bother you import or domestic. If you got a riced out car that looks like your trying to hard they will nail you to the cross.

Same thing I came from the exhaust shop with my mach 1 and hit it by my house cop on the side followed me home with no lights and just said nice mustang just slow it down. lol

Shift_2WIN
04-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Yes i was noticed doing the speed limit to go to my destination. Yes I was noticed...its called profiling in that case. I didnt have tints or anything, my car at the time was completely stock, and I wasn't speeding b/c my GPS said my destination was coming up soon and I didnt want to pass it. It did happen to be an extremely wealthy neighborhood. And what you said proves my point. SOME cops do pull over ppl for no reason. Some people, not just on here but in general, think that b/c you are pulled over you MUST have been doing something, and that is just plain wrong. Im all for "if you CATCH me doing something, then damn you got me oh well", but if im not doing anything wrong or breaking any laws and I get stopped anyway, its the police who is doing something wrong, not me. And just b/cyou are noticed doesnt mean you did something wrong. Pulling a person over b/c a certain cop THINKS they dont belong there is wrong. If the cop feels a certain way then maybe watch them, but dont pull them over....not unless they actually give a reason.

ilovemyhonda.
04-06-2010, 10:38 AM
ehh i hear you, to tired to respond lol... ^^

tK FuRy
04-06-2010, 10:43 AM
a few weeks ago @ the gwinnett thursday meets, we're all leaving and my buddy pulls out the parking lot and goes nuts with his cobra...as hes doing it, two cop cars pull in..they obviously saw/heard him spinning and peeling out of the parking lot but they didnt fuck wit him...lol he was so paranoid, we drove thru all the back roads trying to "lose them" in case they followed us...

anyways..we pulled of at a publix to cool off and had this conversation

LOL, NFS :)

Shift_2WIN
04-06-2010, 10:44 AM
ehh i hear you, to tired to respond lol... ^^

lol

ilovemyhonda.
04-06-2010, 10:48 AM
lol

not because i dont have anything to say, just working, tired, and being lazy.. :( and I am aggravated.. MEN ARE SO FRUSTRATING!

Shift_2WIN
04-06-2010, 11:03 AM
not because i dont have anything to say, just working, tired, and being lazy.. :( and I am aggravated.. MEN ARE SO FRUSTRATING!
I kinda figured when you said you were too tired lol...well the tired part, not the frustrating men part lol

ilovemyhonda.
04-06-2010, 12:07 PM
I kinda figured when you said you were too tired lol...well the tired part, not the frustrating men part lol

Imma start a rant for girls to rant about guys!

integra938
04-06-2010, 05:22 PM

yeah.. he called 2 more cars .

TicketRedBB6
04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
I don't think it's right to say that "cops" hate imports. Sure, some hate imports, some probably dislike them a little, and some probably love them. Also, there are probably cops that hate domestics. I've been pulled over only in a fixed up civic, several times, but each time I did something to atleast get noticed in the first place.
I've had friends that got pulled over for no reason in imports, but they were let go without tickets because they weren't assholes to the cop. A lot of people automatically assume they got pulled over just because of the car they're in...and act like a dick. That'll get you a ticket everytime. Also some of friends that were pulled over, the cops actually talked to them about their car and mods done.

tdurr
04-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't believe so.
we can agree to disagree?

this is true. I know i have a good amount of illegal things added to my car but there are times when a officer does pull cars over for no reason at all. Read some of these stories.

WHERE!!! I didn't see one.

Ohhhhh. You were referring to the tired old "profiling" excuse, lolol. Later, QD.
Profiling happens ever fucking day. Don't even lie to yourself on that one QD. I know that I get profiled when i walk into some places because of the way I look/dressed and I blow peoples minds with the kindness, knowledge, and respect i have for a complete stranger. Profiling will never cease to exist as long as there are different skin colored people on this planet and thats a fact.

Shift_2WIN
04-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Profiling happens ever fucking day. Don't even lie to yourself on that one QD. I know that I get profiled when i walk into some places because of the way I look/dressed and I blow peoples minds with the kindness, knowledge, and respect i have for a complete stranger. Profiling will never cease to exist as long as there are different skin colored people on this planet and thats a fact.
I agree.

DeeAOne
04-07-2010, 12:12 AM
definitely has nothing to do with what you drive, its all about how you act IMO.

for instance, just tonight my buddies were playing cat and mouse along a back road (ITR trying to chase an STI through the curves). i stayed behind and watched. right when they got to a stop sign up the road a cop jumped out with no lights and pulled the ITR over. my friend even told the cop that he had just got the car running and wanted to see how it was acting. he apologized for his stupidity, and the cop let him go.

not all cops are the same we all know this, but most of the time you can get out of a ticket by just playing it cool. just my :2cents:.

quickdodge®
04-07-2010, 02:15 AM

I never said it never happens. It just doesn't happen as often as people want to think. Too many people use "profiling" as their crutch to do wrong. They don't want to take responsibility for their actions. Instead, it's easier to say they were profiled.

this is true. I know i have a good amount of illegal things added to my car but there are times when a officer does pull cars over for no reason at all. Read some of these stories.

I did read them. Doesn't make them true. Like I said above, people believe their own shit so hard that they think it's true.

But like you said, we can agree to disagree. Later, QD.

EL42
04-07-2010, 03:01 AM
a lot of good points.

NewGen33
04-07-2010, 03:09 AM
Got pulled over once in my 240 coupe for no tag and got a warning. Got pulled in my s14 for suspicion of street racing when it was some kids down the street and no ticket. Got pulled over in my 4runner going back to campus after getting my parents from the air port in Tulsa and got no ticket. Got pulled over in my 300ZX for taking a curved road with some friends at rather high speeds and no tag but no ticket there. I feel its just about the impression you give the officer and having some luck on your side. I do feel the good ole boy stereotype is there but so are others. I know I've been fortunate when pulled over but kept cool and they have Always ended well.

marcos713
04-07-2010, 10:34 AM

lol this is true!!

ok i have some stories to contribute.

1. me and some friends stopped by at the McDonalds off 75 on Windy Hill after getting back from the 104 meet. i was in my car, and the cars i was with : a white rx8, a blue DC, a yellow mazda speed prtotege, a black 3rd gen eclipse, and a primed black EG. i think thats right. well anyway, we pulled into the parking lot and lined up in drive-thru b/c the inside was closed. when we were pulling in a cop went by, stoped at the light, busted a U-turn, pulled into the parking lot, creeped beside us and ran each of our tags for no reason. if that isnt profiling that idk what is.

2. my friends were going to go drop off a friend in his white 97 EJ. they were in lithia springs going through some back roads. they see a cop at a red light and kept going. they get pulled over b/c my friend in the back seat was leaning foward making it seem like he didnt have a seat belt. they see that he has like 5 jumbo air fresheners on his rear view and check his car b/c they say he has to be hiding something..... nothing was found and that was that.

3. i was with some friends going home from lithia springs back to cobb. we were on austell rd. it was me in my integra, a coffee color EG, a primed integra, a primed EJ, a white EJ, and a blue integra. we were going the speed limit, just cruising home. we pass an intersection where i see a cop in the turning lane preparing to turn left. I literally saw him look at us go by and immediatley bust a U-turn behind us. he got behind me and obviously ran my plates and slowed down enough to run every1 elses. after i see that he has ran every1's tag, i see he U-turns back the way we came...

quickdodge®
04-07-2010, 10:43 AM
^^^ And you know the officers ran your plates each time how? Or are you just assuming so that you can use the "profile" excuse? Later, QD.

Z0_o6
04-07-2010, 12:00 PM
I have only ever been pulled over once in my STi, and it was at 2 a.m. for a dui check, no ticket no warning just a compliment.

I have been pulled over twice in the GTO and got harrassed both times about the tint that was on the tail lights. I didn't recieve a ticket there, just two lectures about 5 minutes apart (but this was cobb county so i wasn't exactly in disbelief)

It's all about your demeanor and attitude. You will be treated the way you portray yourself. I always make sure to keep my hands visible and lose all hints of sarcasm, and it has done me well so far. If I act like an idiot though, I expect to be treated like one.

bafbrian
04-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Honestly, getting pulled over by the police is all about perception. If a police officer has reasonable doubt that the something is wrong, they have the right investigate. Of all the times I have been pulled over when I had my Civic, 2 were for speeding (which I was), 1 for failure to yield (took to court and won because the police cam provided the other car ran the stop sign), and 1 for illegal tint ( tint was legal, guess it looks darker with no illumination at midnight in a black car). So what does that mean, absolutely nothing.

Do cops profile, probably. If we were to base this belief solely on the stories in this thread and compare that to the total number of members, it is extremely small. Truth be told, just don't give them a reason to pull you over. If they do and you haven't done anything wrong, then sit, let them run your license and tag, and tell you to be on your way because if the 10 minutes or so you spend their will ruin your day, brush it off because you probably have something more important to be concerned with than that.

silversol
04-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I have never had a ticket in any other car besides my delsol! And i had a shoe box collection of tickets at one time! lol Did I deserve them? yea I did stupid shit and had to pay the price did i get pulled over for doing nothing yea at times. When I got rid of the delsol I got a black on black 2002 mustang gt with a loud exhaust system that had 5% tint and 35% down the front windshield. If you stand at the front bumper you could not see me sitting in the car the tint was so dark! I never once got pulled over! Now that I have been driveing a pickup truck I have never been pulled over! But then again i dont do the stupid shit i use to and i have not been pulled over in 5 years!

tdurr
04-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I never said it never happens. It just doesn't happen as often as people want to think. Too many people use "profiling" as their crutch to do wrong. They don't want to take responsibility for their actions. Instead, it's easier to say they were profiled.
I can agree that some ppl do use profiling as a crutch but lot of times people are profiled and either don't even notice it or they freak the fuck out like some ppl on IA. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all. Like i said before, I did some research and found out that the police do have task units that look for cars that fit a certain "profile" and target them for whatever they can.

I did read them. Doesn't make them true. Like I said above, people believe their own shit so hard that they think it's true.

But like you said, we can agree to disagree. Later, QD.
:cheers:

^^^ And you know the officers ran your plates each time how? Or are you just assuming so that you can use the "profile" excuse? Later, QD.
ehhh its pretty obvious when they are running your plates. they see you, you see them, they slow down and ride a certain distance behind you, start clicking on their mounted laptop.

but i was gonna say something else.. but i deff forgot... eh ill post up later when i remember.

quickdodge®
04-07-2010, 02:07 PM
but lot of times people are profiled and either don't even notice it or they freak the fuck out....I did some research and found out that the police do have task units that look for cars that fit a certain "profile" and target them for whatever they can.

No, lolol. Damn near everywhere you go, if you're pulled over and not white, you're going to claim you were profiled. The majority "notice" they were profiled because that's their first line of defense.

The second part I'd have to see this research to believe, lolol. That's sounds completely made up.

ehhh its pretty obvious when they are running your plates. they see you, you see them, they slow down and ride a certain distance behind you, start clicking on their mounted laptop.

How is it obvious? Are you staring at the officer to the point where you can see what he is doing or are you doing your best to concentrate on your driving so he doesn't "profile" you and pull you over? I know if an officer is pacing me, I'm not going to keep looking at him to see what he's doing. Later, QD.

tdurr
04-07-2010, 02:29 PM
No, lolol. Damn near everywhere you go, if you're pulled over and not white, you're going to claim you were profiled. The majority "notice" they were profiled because that's their first line of defense.

The second part I'd have to see this research to believe, lolol. That's sounds completely made up.
I'll find it again and pm it to ya

How is it obvious? Are you staring at the officer to the point where you can see what he is doing or are you doing your best to concentrate on your driving so he doesn't "profile" you and pull you over? I know if an officer is pacing me, I'm not going to keep looking at him to see what he's doing. Later, QD.
Actually i can watch my rear view mirror and see wuts going on without hindering my awareness of the cars in front of me. And I kno if an officer is pacing me he is gonna pull me over(I've never gotten paced and not pulled over) so I just make sure Im doing everything as legal as I can and just watch him.
You can tell when they are using the computer also because their right arm does some funky stretching as they go to type, and they will do the whole quick look thing at ur car to get the tag numbers right :cheers:

Elbow
04-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Actually i can watch my rear view mirror and see wuts going on without hindering my awareness of the cars in front of me. And I kno if an officer is pacing me he is gonna pull me over(I've never gotten paced and not pulled over) so I just make sure Im doing everything as legal as I can and just watch him.
You can tell when they are using the computer also because their right arm does some funky stretching as they go to type, and they will do the whole quick look thing at ur car to get the tag numbers right :cheers:

I've been paced TONS of times and never pulled, I usually speed up to 5 over then 5 under to piss them up I do it until they leave. lol.

§treet_§peed
04-07-2010, 03:32 PM
I dunno, I think they just really hate me or I have SERIOUS bad luck lol. i was driving to the tag office to in a car I had bought for my mom a few weeks ago to get all the stuff changed over. It had insurance and was legal since I had the old title and the bill of sale right there with me. Within a one mile stretch, I was pulled over three separate times by Gainesvilles finest.

Elbow
04-07-2010, 03:35 PM
I dunno, I think they just really hate me or I have SERIOUS bad luck lol. i was driving to the tag office to in a car I had bought for my mom a few weeks ago to get all the stuff changed over. It had insurance and was legal since I had the old title and the bill of sale right there with me. Within a one mile stretch, I was pulled over three separate times by Gainesvilles finest.

You probably stared at them with that Cabbage Patch face of yours.

cwhiteboy
04-07-2010, 04:29 PM
ok, so cops are running peoples plates on their cars. Nevermind that almost every car that is stolen is an import, especially one that has wheels, exhaust, stupid ricer shit, etc... So if your car ever gets stolen, make sure you remind yourself, "I hope a cop doesn't see a car similar to mine and run the tags too make sure its not mine, that would just be profiling".

Elbow
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
ok, so cops are running peoples plates on their cars. Nevermind that almost every car that is stolen is an import, especially one that has wheels, exhaust, stupid ricer shit, etc... So if your car ever gets stolen, make sure you remind yourself, "I hope a cop doesn't see a car similar to mine and run the tags too make sure its not mine, that would just be profiling".

:yes::yes::yes:

RUFFIAN
04-07-2010, 07:28 PM
:2cents:I can only speak for me but, I own a spectrum of cars and when I drove my Honda Accord that was slammed and loud I got pulled over many times. when I'm in the Burb, or the van, I can be doing 20 over and not wearing my seatbelt and still slide under the radar. When I drove my 85 Caddie with the D's on it I got pulled over and seached almost daily. I would drive slow and keep it low-key and before the end of the week I could expect to be streached out on the ground being patted down and a cop tossing my car. so for me.... I'm still like, fuck profiling, hating ass cops.:2up:

superboost
04-11-2010, 12:31 AM
I wouldn't say they hate all imports. I can definately say there is some bias towards domestics, but only perhaps due to the fact that (most) cops are older and there may be some bias at play, perhaps remembering muscle cars from their youth.

That being said, I think it has to do more with *asian* imports. My modded volvo, whilst sleeper looking, still has barely a muffler, some lowering and rims. It rarely if ever get pulled over. My DD, with wheels, tint, lound red paint job etc and expired tag has yet to get me cited.

I think part of it has to do with some biases and some profiling. They may not intentionally do it, but everyone has their own biases. When i see some ricer kid, chances are, I think they'll do something fuqtarded with their honda over the older muscle car owner.

It is what it is.

ninjabananna
04-11-2010, 05:33 PM

I think your a bit wrong! YES All black people DO LOVE fried chicken.

jmotley
04-17-2010, 07:20 PM
i think its cause they project "import" on young immature bastards, like ourselves, and they just want to teach young immature bastards to not drive fast b/c its dangerous.

5speed
04-17-2010, 07:52 PM
i think its cause they project "import" on young immature bastards, like ourselves, and they just want to teach young immature bastards to not drive fast b/c its dangerous.

lol I agree. I am not an immature bastard though. I know who my father is. Reps

jmotley
04-18-2010, 06:29 PM
lol I agree. I am not an immature bastard though. I know who my father is. Reps

lmao, good point.

claybird
04-19-2010, 02:30 AM
F and F stereo typing ......

/thread

2jzinmyjeep
04-26-2010, 02:29 AM
Me and BK4000 were going down Highway 78 in austell the other day, him in his 400+ hp, throaty exhausted blow off valve equipped 300zx and me on my single cylinder XR650 supermoto bike and a cop threw on the blues not 50 yards from our destination, my motorcycle shop. I had been riding right behind BK, not really looking at my speedometer because we were in pretty heavy traffic, so I honestly don't know how fast i was going. I pulled over as soon as i saw him (i could have walked to the shop from there) and he came out of the car very aggressively stating that i was driving recklessly and "hotrodding":screwy:(lol). BK got out of his car and walked back to where we were and stood there until the cop got pissy about him talking to me and asked him to leave, but the guy never said anything to him about his speed or adressed the fact that we were very apparently doing the same speed and ended up in the same place. Later on in court the ticket was dropped because the judge said the officers actions had been caught on his in-dash camera :camera: and were deemed an embarrassment to the community. Moral of the story, you think cops are tough on any one type of car, go out and get yourself a motorcycle lol.:goodjob:

XanRules
04-27-2010, 08:52 AM
This morning I had an incident that made me think of this post.
At 7:45 this morning, I was driving in heavy traffic, not bumper-to-bumper but surrounded by cars on all sides, everyone doing about the same speed. An officer walks out into the road and stops everyone. He motions the car in front of me to go ahead forward, and motions me to pull over. He lets everyone else go. The officer explains to me that he clocked me doing 42 in a 25.
The rest of the conversation went like this.
"Officer, I'm sorry. I thought this was a 45 zone."
"The school zone flashers are on, son."
"No they aren't, officer. Look." I pointed out the flashers, which were indeed off. They even said "7:55am-8:30am" (not sure of the end time.)
"Are you being smart with me?"
"Well no, sir. I was just trying to go with the flow of traffic, I didn't think I was behaving recklessly. I thought I was going under the-"
"Let me see your license."

Anyway, he takes my info and writes me a ticket for 42 in a 25. While I'm waiting, a catless straight-piped Mustang (you guys all know the sound) revs at the light nearby and floors it. Cool. Now, had the school zone flashers BEEN on, or had I not being going with the flow of traffic, I feel like the officer would have had every right to pull me over and I would have taken it. But I was one of the slowest cars on the road, and the flashers weren't on to signify that the school zone speed limit was being enforced.

When he gets back to the car, he explains that he's given me two tickets and a warning.
The first ticket is for 42 in a 25.
The warning is for almost-expired tags (of course they are, my birthday is coming up).

The second ticket is for tint. He says it's too dark.

TINT? Too dark?

Let me show you my fucking windows.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/XanRules/utf-8BSU1HMDAxMzctMjAxMDA0MjctMDgxO.jpg

Do you see ANY fucking tint at all!?
No, my windows are not fucking tinted. I do not have tinted fucking windows.

So now I've got a $250 tint ticket for NOT having tinted windows.

In case you guys couldn't already guess, that was Cobb County.

Again, I'm not saying I was profiled because I have a loud import car, I'm just saying there were a number of people going as fast or faster as me who weren't pulled over, and that the tint ticket proves that this officer was at best incompetent or at worst a complete dickhead.

quickdodge®
04-27-2010, 09:46 AM
That's fucked up, man.

First I'll address the school zone ticket. I've never seen a school zone that started at 7:55. Not because of the odd time, but because of how late it starts. I've never seen a school zone start after 7:30 or even 7:45. But I can't say you're wrong because I'm no expert on this. Don't know how you can get around this ticket except for the same explanation you gave the officer.

The tint ticket. Will get tossed. You got the short end of the stick on that one. Later, QD.

XanRules
04-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm fairly confident it's 7:55 there. I might not be able to fight it on that, but I can maybe get something from the dash camera that shows I was going with the flow of traffic. I was being passed on the left. Again, I'm not saying why I was singled out, but I know I was singled out.

quickdodge®
04-27-2010, 11:52 AM
but I can maybe get something from the dash camera that shows I was going with the flow of traffic. I was being passed on the left. Again, I'm not saying why I was singled out, but I know I was singled out.

I don't know about fighting this part. Of course you were singled out as you were the one pulled over. But he can't pull everyone over at the same time. I doubt you'll get off on that "technicality." People speed in packs all day every day and you never see a cop with 20 cars on the side of the road. Later, QD.

XanRules
04-27-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't know about fighting this part. Of course you were singled out as you were the one pulled over. But he can't pull everyone over at the same time. I doubt you'll get off on that "technicality." People speed in packs all day every day and you never see a cop with 20 cars on the side of the road. Later, QD.

oh, no, I'm not saying I'm going to fight it on that basis. I'm saying that, in keeping with the theme of the thread, maybe that's why I was singled out. But if I can at least prove that I was going with the flow of traffic and not being dangerous, especially after the tint ticket bullshit, it may prove that the officer was incompetent and I'll have a reduced fine or something. I dunno.

quickdodge®
04-27-2010, 12:16 PM
But if I can at least prove that I was going with the flow of traffic and not being dangerous, especially after the tint ticket bullshit, it may prove that the officer was incompetent and I'll have a reduced fine or something. I dunno.

Well you won't prove incompetence on the officer's part because he pulled you over out of a pack. Like I said, every officer out would be incompetent in that scenario. The tint ticket, I foresee, will be tossed. That's probably all that will happen. Later, QD.

GREENKOOLAID
04-27-2010, 12:18 PM
they really do hate the import scene, going down 75 i got a ticket for doing 69 in a 55 people where flying by my ass and gsp popped me.... got a warning in my truck for rolling a stop sign but when i was in my coupe i stoped at the stop sign messed with my gps and am on a hill on my way to court for the speeding ticket and i roll back down the hill before taken off and atlanta police pops my ass for rolling a stop sign just cuz i drive a import not a tuner import wtf is up lol

XanRules
04-27-2010, 12:20 PM
what did you just say?

XanRules
04-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Well you won't prove incompetence on the officer's part because he pulled you over out of a pack. Like I said, every officer out would be incompetent in that scenario. The tint ticket, I foresee, will be tossed. That's probably all that will happen. Later, QD.

the tint ticket may prove incompetence, that's what I'm suggesting.

quickdodge®
04-27-2010, 12:26 PM
what did you just say?

I'm not too sure, but I think he gets himself pulled over and blames the police instead of himself.

the tint ticket may prove incompetence, that's what I'm suggesting.

I guess you'll see in court, huh? Hope it works out for you, though. Later, QD.

collins
04-27-2010, 12:35 PM

wow... really? while i somewhat agree with the first part of your post, the last part holds absolutely no meaning what so ever.

anyway, in my experience, domestics do get cut more slack. i've done my fair share of dumb shit in both cars (import AND domestic) and i was actually issued WAY more tickets in the integra than i have while driving the gto. i've done more extreme things in the gto than i ever did in the integra and have recieved several warnings when pulled over. in the integra, i got one warning, the rest were tickets.

now, on the flip side, simon and qd had a very good point in that the attitude of perpetrator plays a HUGE part. the points in the previous statement may very well be upheld by myself maturing rather than what car i was driving at the time. who knows.

thundercatz1
04-27-2010, 12:58 PM
damn thats messed up...

tdurr
04-27-2010, 03:30 PM
wow... really? while i somewhat agree with the first part of your post, the last part holds absolutely no meaning what so ever.

anyway, in my experience, domestics do get cut more slack. i've done my fair share of dumb shit in both cars (import AND domestic) and i was actually issued WAY more tickets in the integra than i have while driving the gto. i've done more extreme things in the gto than i ever did in the integra and have recieved several warnings when pulled over. in the integra, i got one warning, the rest were tickets.

now, on the flip side, simon and qd had a very good point in that the attitude of perpetrator plays a HUGE part. the points in the previous statement may very well be upheld by myself maturing rather than what car i was driving at the time. who knows.

While I can agree with this, I can also say that I have always been the most respectful person when being pulled over, Signaled, turn the car off, rolled the windows down ahead of time, no music, kept the seat belt on, had all my info out before hand, answered why "yes sir, no sir" and yet i've been treated in a variety of ways. Anyone who knows me know that I treat everyone else with respect until they show me a reason not to, and yet i've had a female officer pull me over, just ask for my license, and return with a ticket and a goodbye. I had to ask her while she was walking away what the ticket was for(henry county).
The only time i have received a warning was in gwinnett for a cracked windshield and in fayetteville for my head lights being too birght(lol). every other time I have gotten a ticket, and no im not a ricer who drives all crazy, i like saving my gas.

I can say that not all cops treat people with equal respect, and will profile if they feel like it wither it be a import domestic, or even a mexican driving(lol)

Stuntman G
04-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Well I have never driven anything but imports so I can not say imports v. domestics.

However . . . . I have gotten 6 tickets on a bike but no cop has ever looked twice at my ricey hatch.

Ticket 1: 62 in a 25 school zone. I honestly did not realize that it was a school zone, thought it was a 45. Still, it was my fault.

Tickets 2, 3, and 4: I shoot past a biker cop (again, 62 in a 45) who is parked on the sidewalk with his gun out. He goes to get on his bike but I am around the corner and gone before he can start his engine. The next day at school, I get called to the office and when I get there, guess who came to see me? He writes me tickets for: A- 62 in a 45, B-"improper exhaust"(it was chopped right after the H-pipe), C-Evasion. Yeah, my bad on that.

Tickets 5 and 6: Leaving Barrett one saturday night (about 12:30) and I am the ONLY person out, not a single other vehicle in sight. I figure the coast is clear, pop a wheelie from a red light and take off. Cop whips out of quiktrip, and guess what happens next. A nice slap on the wrist in the form of: A- 61 in a 35 (who the %$#^ knew that Barrett was a 35?) and B- wheelie (*hazardous operation* I believe it was worded).

Yeah I been around the legal system a bit. And I don't blame it on a poor justice system, stereotyping ricer-hating cops, or the lord himself. It was all due to my own poor decisions. :doh:

sirkus
05-01-2010, 10:51 PM
I tend to get pulled over for window tint. I always hear "Read this.. what does it say? ....3%? Yeah.. That's not legal" But I'm always sent on with a warning. I always get pulled over for me doing stuff that isn't legal. Ran a red light, got a ticket. Got caught 84 in a 65 on 75, got a ticket. I will say that I was at fault. I knew I was busted when I saw them. It was one of those "Fuck.. well here we go..." lol

But I have to admit that I get a lot more attention in my accord because of the window tint. I think a lot of cops would just let me slip if they could see my "OH DAMN! IT's A COP!" face.. lol

Turbodude06
05-04-2010, 07:57 AM
^Yea my bad on that one lol.....

importking73
05-05-2010, 09:40 AM
READ ME

COBB N SMYRNA ARE SOME ASSHOLES....I WAS IN MY ACCORD N I GOT A TICKET FOR BEING TOO LOW, HID'S, MUSIC TOO LOUD, & DARK TINT N BEFORE HE LEFT HE SAID "OHH YEA....HAPPY BIRTHDAY"....ON MY FUCKIN BIRTHDAY....WAS I GUILTY OF ALL THESE CHARGES....YES....IVE NEVER HAD WARNINGS ON NONE OF THESE THINGS SO IT COMES DOWN TO WHICH COP U GET....THE ONE THAT WAS BULLIED AT SCHOOL FOR BEING A LOSER OR THE COOL COP THAT WAS A COOL CAT IN HIGH SCHOOL....SO SOME COPS ARE ASSHOLES....BUT COBB N SMYRNA HIRE ASSHOLES....ON THE APPLICATION IT SAYS WOULD U DESCRIBE URSELF AS AN ASSHOLE CHECK YES OR NO N IF U CHECK YES UR INSTANTLY HIRED

spinks
05-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Cops don't like imports as much as they favor domestic cars. Usully "import" drivers are ghighschool d bags that drive like idiots.

CodeRED-MVBC
05-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes they do.. EX:: iIm in north ga with my slammed ass teggy, ridin down the mountains in norht ga. which is redneck fuckin central!!! so i go by this Sherif, hittin 40 in a 35. BIG DEAL right??? so you know the next step. hear siren and pull over. His excuse, my car was extremely loud. Well this turned into window tint check, of course i pas.. thats not all, tehn he tries to get to breathalize me. Which i didnt do. So he quetions if i smoke the kriptacronicstickyicky. Nope, tries to say my cousion and i smell like weed. so after about 45 minutes of PIG FUCKIN DRAMA, we ride out. My couclusion. YES THEY DO!!!!!

quickdodge®
05-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Yes they do.. EX:: iIm in north ga with my slammed ass teggy, ridin down the mountains in norht ga. which is redneck fuckin central!!! so i go by this Sherif, hittin 40 in a 35. BIG DEAL right??? so you know the next step. hear siren and pull over. His excuse, my car was extremely loud. Well this turned into window tint check, of course i pas.. thats not all, tehn he tries to get to breathalize me. Which i didnt do. So he quetions if i smoke the kriptacronicstickyicky. Nope, tries to say my cousion and i smell like weed. so after about 45 minutes of PIG FUCKIN DRAMA, we ride out. My couclusion. YES THEY DO!!!!!

ALL ABOARD!!!!

Later, QD.

collins
05-15-2010, 12:23 PM
ALL ABOARD!!!!

Later, QD.
:lmfao:

WickedIXMR
05-15-2010, 01:36 PM

I think cops hate imports too. Whenever I'm in my Evo, driving normally, not speeding, not doing anything stupid, etc, I always get messed with. A cop would see my car going the opposite direction and just turned around and follow me for miles for no god damn reason. I've been harassed by gwinnett cops plenty of times, pulling me over for absolutely no reason at all, and end up letting me go because I didn't do shit, just to fuck with me.

Now whenever I drive in my truck, its a completely different story. I've had dekalb county cops follow me for a while then get next to me, honk their horn and then proceed to compliment my truck. I've passed by cops going a decent put over the speed limit on the hwy and never gotten pulled over. The list just keeps going on.

2jzinmyjeep
05-15-2010, 09:20 PM

*Shakes Head*
Wow. It's hard for me to believe that that even happened.

XanRules
05-15-2010, 10:38 PM
got pulled over last night. Cop asked me a bunch of questions, subtly implying that I was driving a stolen vehicle.
Seemed disappointed when all my insurance info checked out.

DynamicSound
05-15-2010, 11:20 PM
I think it is more defined than just imports, I think that the little Civics/Integras/Etc attract more attention when they have been altered. I used to be a big Honda person, owning 4 Accords from different years. When I drove them, I was always pulled over. One day, 6 times alone. I didn't have to be doing anything illegal and they would always find their way behind my car. I no longer drive those type cars and even though I get a speeding ticket once every 1-2 years, I am no longer bothered. No more of them radomly following me or them cutting through traffic just to single me out. I have an Infiniti, Lexus, and Porsche that I switch around driving...all of them speeding, moving through traffic, etc and get no attention from the cops. I rarely drive my Scion or CBR600RR bike and my Show Accord hasn't touched the street in 4 years. That's just my opinion.

Theycall_Metue
05-16-2010, 12:13 AM
they do

end of story

NitrousD
06-09-2010, 01:27 PM
I remember about 2 yrs ago i was on 285 driving with traffic in the fast lane, average speed between 75-80, had like 5-6 cars going the same speed, i saw the cop and he pulled me over from the pack of cars i was in, i had my civic on 17", lowered, exhaust, still pretty stock and i asked him why he pulled me over from everyone else doing the same speed, the cop replied "you were doing 2 mph faster". I wanted to beat the fuck out of that cop so bad!!! I got a fucking 300 ticket that day! Pissed me off! since then i got rid of the big rims, put si's on and drive like a gramma! Cops do profile imports thus imports get pulled over before your grandma caddy will when doing the same speed!