PDA

View Full Version : 350z startup issue, help!

z32smurf
04-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Ok pretty much I went out for a tune from top secret in texas on my 07 and the car was running fine. After the flash and such the car started having an issue, it would crank for a good solid 4 seconds and then startup and has been doing it ever since. It's not random it always does it, it never doesn't start but it always takes a good solid couple seconds and throws those lights. So we flashed back the stock tune and it still had the same issue. My CEL is on for my cam position sensor as is my TCS and Slip, however I brought it to a shop and they swapped 3 different sensors in that they know work and still the same problem.

So at the shop it was hooked up to some sort of computer and we noticed that the readings on one of the cam phaser banks wouldn't fluctuate as I revved the car where as the other would so they weren't sure if the cam was locked or something (Idk what that means). The car drives normal except if I try to get on it even slightly I can tell it hesitates so I don't do that.

A suggestion was it could be the ECU because they can't imagine a tune would cause those issues (and to test it out with another ecu) and someone else said that they found another 07 had a similar issue after a turbo kit install and that it was in the wiring harness. He explained a tech at infiniti said their 07-08 cars had a weird wiring harness configuration where the crank sensor and the 4 cam sensors actually split from the harness into a plug and then reentered the harness again (weird) and he said they replaced them often under warranty so that he wonders if nissan did that too.

I don't know if that's what it is, does anyone have an idea?